Talked to L&D Today - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-04-2011, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

at the Naval Hospital here and just got cleared to take my placenta.. Also talked the girl encapsulating it and I'm pretty stoked.. Although the L&D nurse was a little thrown off, lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011, 06:16 PM

Yay! It's always good when the hospital is willing to go along with special requests like that, even if they do think you're out of your mind. :)

A friend's step-mom trains cadaver-recovery dogs for the Houston Police Department. They use placentas and even the cord stump as samples to train the dogs, so that's probably what I will do with mine. DH has threatened divorce if he opens the freezer to see it, though, so I'll have to figure out a way to get it to them.

Mom to blahblah.gifDD (5/07), diaper.gifDS1 (02/10)h20homebirth.gif and babyboy.gif DS2 (11/11)h20homebirth.gif !

Old 05-05-2011, 01:44 AM

That's great! I'm very lucky that even if I do decide to birth at the hospital (we plan to UC, but I am keeping options open and my family doctor is fine with me staying home but is just as happy to meet us at the hospital if we go that route), they are VERY used to women keeping the placenta.

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:37 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Mine from ds' birth 16 months ago is still in our freezer! lol.gif  I had planned on eating some or getting it encapsulated, but I waited too long.  Then I planned on burying it, but now we're moving and that would make me sad.  But, I can't move it cross country as is either.  I guess I'll have to dry it in the oven, chunk/powder it in the food processor and bring it that way.  Doesn't sound in the least bit appealing right now...

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Old 05-05-2011, 12:57 PM

I'll be encapsulating this one again. And being more vigilent on taking it so hopefully the PP anxiety doesn't overlap with my general anxiety like it did last time. I wasn't as lucky with the lessening of PPD/PPA effects, but I think it is because I have chronic anxiety anyway. I did however go from 8 weeks of pp bleeding with my others to only 2 weeks this last time. My milk came in on day two (when I started the pills) vs 3-4 with the others, and I had way more energy!

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!

User Tag List