November DDC ONE Thread- May 2011 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 68 Old 05-05-2011, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome to the November DDC ONE thread

The one thread is a place to chit chat, share your fears, happiness, sadness, and so forth and so on.

To be added to the list, please tell me, in bold, your due date, what you did to get pregnant, any past you want anyone to know about, etc.

End of October

Hykue-  Julie, 30, 10/30, Tried for 7 months or so, with an early loss in September of last year

Early November

nmouse- 31, 11/2, it's my first child, I got pregnant after ramping up my BBT/OPK charting and taking various supplements plus progesterone cream.

BubbaGirl- Due 11/3.

herbmama3-7- Holly, 11/4.

Ratchet- I'm 30.  11/4

Lillysweets- Candace, 36, 11/4, expecting my 3rd

Summersquash- age 32, 11/5, pregnant with #2

ExpectantMama19- Krystal, 19, 11/5, my fiancé and I tried for 4 months with brokenheart.gif, followed by depression and tears on my part. Then when we decided that maybe it would be better to wait, the test came up positive!  This will be our first.

Mal85- Mallory: 11/6, Tried for 6 months before getting our BFP

cece- Christina, 11/6, #2

Seraf- 11/8, Expecting my third, I got lucky on my 4th try with frozen donor semen.  DP is also TTC now.

Paigekitten- Katie, 11/8, expecting our third baby

TalkToMeNow- Amanda, 11/9, our fourth child but my third pregnancy.

Amberfawn- 11/9 with #1

2011Mama- 11/9, it's our first baby and we tried for 9 months (the last two were with a RE for PCOS).

Mid November

heket- 36, 11/8-12, This will be our third child and a total oops.

marybright1- 11/12, This will be our fourth kid, third pregnancy. I'm hoping for a HBAC.

TTCChloeOrConner- Nicole. 23. 11/12, TTC for 16 months naturally before getting my miracle BFP Stick, baby, stick!!!

AprilGlynn- 11/13, lost our son in October to SIDS and got pregnant on our first try with this baby

Miranda- 11/14, this is our fourth child.

anthiat123- Thia, 11/14, I will be just about 35 when newbie comes (bday Nov 10). Bfp after 2 months and 1 loss

Motivated Mama- Nina, mid November with #4

ajbaby- 11/16. This is baby # 2, we tried for three months.

Apmama210- Ang, 11/16

Jbk21- 11/16-19th with second child.  A little bit of an unexpected pregnancy, though we were discussing having #2.

Late November

Rachel88- Rachel – 29, 11/20, One loss and one year of TTC #1. Praying for a sticky baby this time!

Cillian- 11/20

terrainthailand- Terra, 30, 11/21

abraisme- Abra.  11/21, We were ttc for about 6mo, but my cycle had been off because of breastfeeding.  This will be baby #3 for us.

Gemimi13- Dyanna, 35, 11/21, got my BFP our first month of TTC.  It's our first baby!  

mcacat- 11/22 with baby #2

crazykittymomma- Sarah, 11/23 with my second after 11 months of TTC with no PPAF due to extended breastfeeding.

mamabelle- 11/23, #2

howdeepistheocean- Kristie, 11/24, #4, Planned...we tried for 1 cycle and got the BFP.

sunshinemoma- Lindsey- 11/24, #2 biggrinbounce.gif  After hoping for 6 months wink1.gif

ZoeJane'sMommy- 11/25, We tried for 11 months using clomid and progesterone. Our second child and pregnancy.

gardengrrrl- Em, 34, 11/25, 2 months TTC.  This is our first pregnancy and we are beyond happy!

Maria, 35, 11/25 with TWINS! after two losses (2/06 and 9/10) and 4 months of TTC in between our last loss and this pregnancy.

justamama- Dennie, late November with #4

dashley111- Ash, 11/26.

mahnamahna- Dionna, 11/26, TTC for 18mos+; this will be our second baby.

EonJourney- 41, 11/27 with identical twins

mirami_bat_avraham-Julie, age 28, 11/28 with twins after 27 months of trying & 6 months of fertility treatments.

Jaimee,  31, 11/28, #3 and an oops! baby

Shane- 11/29

smallbrit- Emily, 11/29, #3

mama2mmj- Ashley 11/30, this is baby #4 and was a big surprise :)

hug.gif In Our Thoughts hug.gif

hildare

Sommer

purplefish

angelashn

Shannon

nearlyelated

marnica

DevaMajka

Xerxella

nj's_mom

Shauna

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 68 Old 05-05-2011, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Alright, here's May's thread!  I'm not sure if I got everyone from the March thread, but I looked through the April one.  I also updated the "in our thoughts" section, but I might have missed someone there, too.  Please let me know if anything needs fixing or updating.  I'm not sure what's up with the formatting as I just copied and pasted, but that's this new format for you.

So, ladies... what's on your minds?  smile.gif

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#3 of 68 Old 05-05-2011, 11:15 AM

Hi, Jaimee. wave.gif Thanks for the new thread!

I'm officially in the 2nd trimester and I'm starting to feel a bit more human again. I'm still taking meds multiple times a day, but the list of foods I can stomach has grown a lot. I'm dehydrated some of the time, but my food intake is good... I think I've even gained a little weight! So all good stuff!

I'm dying to find out what the gender is!!!! I need to mentally prepare. Right now we have three girls and I really, really want a fourth. So do dp and the two younger girls. I'm going to have a brief freak out period if it turns out to be a boy, so I'm ready to know and get that over with. Chinese gender chart says boy and it was right for my other two..... 

How is everyone else??

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#4 of 68 Old 05-05-2011, 11:20 AM

add me to list: due november 13th, lost our son in October to SIDS and got pregnant on our first try with this baby.

I'm thoroughly enjoying being less sick and tolerating foods again. Planning a home birth, love our midwife.

mama to Fox Elijah 10/20/10-10/27/10 candle.gif and Raven Audrey 11/13/11

#5 of 68 Old 05-05-2011, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

AprilGlynn- Welcome!  I am so sorry for your loss.  Fox candle.gif

#6 of 68 Old 05-05-2011, 02:16 PM

I am having the hardest time posting!  Whenever I backspace to correct or something it deletes everything I wrote, and half the time I cant put line breaks in between things I am saying.  Grr.

WELCOME April!  Glad you can join us!

Im envying you girls who are feeling better- 2 more weeks and my first tri is OVER.

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#7 of 68 Old 05-05-2011, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Yes MDC's new format is full of glitches.  For me it takes FOREVER to load the ads so anytime I click on a thread, click reply, etc. it takes a long time, which is super annoying.  I know that has been driving a lot of members away.  I've really noticed that there is a dearth of interesting threads lately on all the forums and a lot of posts have zero or only one reply for days at a time.  It's really too bad.

#8 of 68 Old 05-06-2011, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Had my first prenatal appointment today and felt like a crabby old timer. No I do not have syphilis, no I do not want genetic screening, and no, don't base my due date on my LMP!  eyesroll.gif

#9 of 68 Old 05-06-2011, 04:15 PM

Please add me to the list too

age 41.

Due Nov 27 with identical twins

Nursing DS who is 34 months.

My ob did not believe me when I told him I knew the date of conception. I chart I told him. Well he still did not believe me...for various reasons I am not happy with him. Due to insurance reasons I am forced to see an ob verses midwife. THere are only a handful of docs who do vbacs so that limits my choice even more. He tried to scare me from trying a vbac too but he said he would support my decision. This pregnancy is tough physically and mentally. I am super excited but oh so nervous at the same time.

42 year old runnerjog.gif, hiker. Mom to DS(6/28/08) smile.gifand married to my best friend. Cloth diaper and plan to homeschool. Love my life in the mountains. Identical twin boys born 11/3/11 selectivevax.gifgoorganic.jpgbfolderchild.gifnocirc.giffambedsingle2.gif

#10 of 68 Old 05-06-2011, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I'm not staying with this midwife practice as we're moving in a few months.  I'll then have to decide between a few homebirth midwives all of which have fairly major cons or a hospital birth with CNM's.  Or a UC, but I don't think we'll go that direction.  Anyway, I posted my last post to FaceBook and had two people ask me why you wouldn't use your LMP for your due date.  Do you ever feel like you're constantly educating people about things that should be so normal/common knowledge?  It's amazing to me how little most Americans know about fertility, pregnancy, and birth.

#11 of 68 Old 05-06-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

Yeah, I'm not staying with this midwife practice as we're moving in a few months.  I'll then have to decide between a few homebirth midwives all of which have fairly major cons or a hospital birth with CNM's.  Or a UC, but I don't think we'll go that direction.  Anyway, I posted my last post to FaceBook and had two people ask me why you wouldn't use your LMP for your due date.  Do you ever feel like you're constantly educating people about things that should be so normal/common knowledge?  It's amazing to me how little most Americans know about fertility, pregnancy, and birth.

Seriously!  I'm amazed at how often I have to explain conception/ovulation, etc. to people (and people with kids!).

I haven't joined the "ONE" thread yet but joined the DDC... not quite sure how this all works... don't want to be repetitive but I'm a mom to a 20-month-old and due with #2 11/23.  

Just bought some slim fitting maternity jeans at a thrift store and am LOVING them.  Was wearing bigger jeans but they were uncomfortable and unflattering.  I laughed at thinking about wearing maternity pants this early (11 weeks!), but once I tried them on I was hooked.  They won't fit through the whole pregnancy, but I am so much more comfortable and have received compliments on how great I look (from people that don't even know I'm pregnant)- so that made me feel great!  I have a few stretchy skirts to get me through until my maternity clothes from my first pregnancy fit.

This week, my husband met with the midwives I chose and loves them as much as I do so we're stoked to plan our first home birth!  Had a really great natural hospital birth with our son, but the only negatives were driving to the hospital and trying to check out of the hospital so we agreed to go the midwife/homebirth route this time (likely our last).  

Looking forward to moving into the second trimester, starting to feel better already and really need to get back to exercising!  Took some time off for the first trimester due to exhaustion and nausea, but ready to workout again : )  Hope everyone is enjoying spring and feeling good!

happily married since 2006 with toddler son (born August 2009) and baby girl (born November 2011).

#12 of 68 Old 05-07-2011, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome to the November DDC ONE thread

The one thread is a place to chit chat, share your fears, happiness, sadness, and so forth and so on.

To be added to the list, please tell me, in bold, your due date, what you did to get pregnant, any past you want anyone to know about, etc.

End of October

Hykue-  Julie, 30, 10/30, Tried for 7 months or so, with an early loss in September of last year

Early November

nmouse- 31, 11/2, it's my first child, I got pregnant after ramping up my BBT/OPK charting and taking various supplements plus progesterone cream.

BubbaGirl- Due 11/3.

herbmama3-7- Holly, 11/4.

Ratchet- I'm 30.  11/4

Lillysweets- Candace, 36, 11/4, expecting my 3rd

Summersquash- age 32, 11/5, pregnant with #2

ExpectantMama19- Krystal, 19, 11/5, my fiancé and I tried for 4 months with brokenheart.gif, followed by depression and tears on my part. Then when we decided that maybe it would be better to wait, the test came up positive!  This will be our first.

Mal85- Mallory: 11/6, Tried for 6 months before getting our BFP

cece- Christina, 11/6, #2

Seraf- 11/8, Expecting my third, I got lucky on my 4th try with frozen donor semen.  DP is also TTC now.

Paigekitten- Katie, 11/8, expecting our third baby

TalkToMeNow- Amanda, 11/9, our fourth child but my third pregnancy.

Amberfawn- 11/9 with #1

2011Mama- 11/9, it's our first baby and we tried for 9 months (the last two were with a RE for PCOS).

Mid November

heket- 36, 11/8-12, This will be our third child and a total oops.

marybright1- 11/12, This will be our fourth kid, third pregnancy. I'm hoping for a HBAC.

TTCChloeOrConner- Nicole. 23. 11/12, TTC for 16 months naturally before getting my miracle BFP Stick, baby, stick!!!

AprilGlynn- 11/13, lost our son in October to SIDS and got pregnant on our first try with this baby

Miranda- 11/14, this is our fourth child.

anthiat123- Thia, 11/14, I will be just about 35 when newbie comes (bday Nov 10). Bfp after 2 months and 1 loss

Motivated Mama- Nina, mid November with #4

ajbaby- 11/16. This is baby # 2, we tried for three months.

Apmama210- Ang, 11/16

Jbk21- 11/16-19th with second child.  A little bit of an unexpected pregnancy, though we were discussing having #2.

Late November

Rachel88- Rachel – 29, 11/20, One loss and one year of TTC #1. Praying for a sticky baby this time!

Cillian- 11/20

terrainthailand- Terra, 30, 11/21

abraisme- Abra.  11/21, We were ttc for about 6mo, but my cycle had been off because of breastfeeding.  This will be baby #3 for us.

Gemimi13- Dyanna, 35, 11/21, got my BFP our first month of TTC.  It's our first baby!  

mcacat- 11/22 with baby #2

crazykittymomma- Sarah, 11/23 with my second after 11 months of TTC with no PPAF due to extended breastfeeding.

mamabelle- 11/23, #2

howdeepistheocean- Kristie, 11/24, #4, Planned...we tried for 1 cycle and got the BFP.

sunshinemoma- Lindsey- 11/24, #2 biggrinbounce.gif  After hoping for 6 months wink1.gif 

ZoeJane'sMommy- 11/25, We tried for 11 months using clomid and progesterone. Our second child and pregnancy.

gardengrrrl- Em, 34, 11/25, 2 months TTC.  This is our first pregnancy and we are beyond happy!

Maria, 35, 11/25 with TWINS! after two losses (2/06 and 9/10) and 4 months of TTC in between our last loss and this pregnancy.

justamama- Dennie, late November with #4

dashley111- Ash, 11/26.

mahnamahna- Dionna, 11/26, TTC for 18mos+; this will be our second baby.

EonJourney- 41, 11/27 with identical twins

mirami_bat_avraham-Julie, age 28, 11/28 with twins after 27 months of trying & 6 months of fertility treatments.

Jaimee,  31, 11/28, #3 and an oops! baby

Shane- 11/29

smallbrit- Emily, 11/29, #3

mama2mmj- Ashley 11/30, this is baby #4 and was a big surprise :)

hug.gif In Our Thoughts hug.gif

hildare

Sommer

purplefish

angelashn

Shannon

nearlyelated

marnica

DevaMajka

Xerxella

nj's_mom

Shauna

#13 of 68 Old 05-07-2011, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

edited to delete

#14 of 68 Old 05-07-2011, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Argh!  I'm trying to fix the formatting of the first post and it keeps reposting at the end of the thread....

edited to delete

#15 of 68 Old 05-07-2011, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

duh.gif  edited to delete

#16 of 68 Old 05-09-2011, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

I'm having a rough day ladies.  Mother's Day was largely ruined despite my dh's best efforts to make the day special.  We're in the process of selling our house and a couple decided Mother's Day was a good day to come look at it.  We ended up spending the day mowing the lawn and cleaning up the house so that they could arrive just before dinner.  My dd was in a bad mood all day and kept asking to see her friends.  My ds decided only to take one nap so he was a pill by the time the late afternoon rolled around.  And I could tell I was coming down with a cold.  A cold that kept me up ALL night last night so that I'm exhausted and nauseous today.  After dropping my dd off at preschool I get a call saying that I forgot to pack her a lunch for her special park picnic today and was then asked if I or my dh was going to come to the park.  I feel like a terrible mom.  ARGH!

I'm still not feeling great, but I just heard from our real estate agent that the couple that ruined Mother's Day loved our house!  It's their favorite by far!  We have been trying to sell for months and this would be such a great relief as we are moving in July.   Fingers crossed that kharma is swinging back around.

How is everyone else doing today?

#17 of 68 Old 05-09-2011, 11:51 AM

Thanks for starting the new thread! Can you change my due date to November 6?

Things here are good. I'm 14 weeks 1 day today and hardly ever feeling nauseous anymore. Although, I went from constantly nauseous straight to constantly starving! I'm running out of foods that sound good to me. I'm so burnt out on everything right now! I had lost some weight at my last appointment, 4 weeks ago. I have an appointment this Wednesday and think I've definitely made up for the weight I had lost. Family members are telling me how much my belly has popped in the last couple of weeks, so I think this growth spurt has a lot to do with how hungry I've been.

I made a trip to visit my SIL while she was working (she's an OB nurse). She offered to take a peek at the baby to see if we could make a guess at gender and the baby was as uncooperative as possible! We got a clear profile view, full frontal face shot, but could only see down to the belly. Its butt was pointed toward my spine the whole time, so we couldn't even make a guess at what it was! She said I could come back in two weeks when she works again, but I think I'll just wait. The ultrasound with my doctor's office will be only a couple of weeks after that, so I think I can stand the wait.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#18 of 68 Old 05-09-2011, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

I'm tired of eating, too.  Especially when there are so few foods that ever sound good.  It seems like in order to have a successful dinner that doesn't end in panting to prevent dry heaving, I have to eat a mini-meal about 1-2 hours prior to dinner.  It's crazy!

#19 of 68 Old 05-09-2011, 12:24 PM

Jaimee-sorry about how yucky you feel. I can relate too. My DS caught a cold about 5 days ago and last night was at its worse. He was up every hour or so crying. I have not slept well in over a week. Today is rough. I am super nauseous but hungry and to top it all off I have DSs cold.

We are in the process of building a house and selling our house too. Now with twins coming we need to find another vehicle. Life is good though. I am just glad I got pregnant and lucky to have a loving family.

42 year old runnerjog.gif, hiker. Mom to DS(6/28/08) smile.gifand married to my best friend. Cloth diaper and plan to homeschool. Love my life in the mountains. Identical twin boys born 11/3/11 selectivevax.gifgoorganic.jpgbfolderchild.gifnocirc.giffambedsingle2.gif

#20 of 68 Old 05-09-2011, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!  I know... we need to upgrade our car, too.  Three kiddos = minivan!  We're looking into the Honda Odyssey, Toyota Sienna, and the Mazda MPV.  Yes, new car, new house, new state, new baby...  time for a nap.

#21 of 68 Old 05-09-2011, 01:13 PM

We upgraded the car shortly after finding out we were expecting. We needed to anyway, I was still driving the car I had in college, a tiny Dodge Caliber. It was sooo tiny! I also run a daycare out of my house and have been stuck here for the last 2 years because I didn't have the car space to take the kids anywhere. Which was fine when I started and they were all infants, but now I have a bunch of toddlers who want to get out as badly as I do! So, we got a minivan. I really wanted an Odyssey or Sienna, but they were out of our price range. We got a good deal on a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan and I'm loving all the space we have now. I successfully packed 4 car seats in last week for our first trip to the park! It was so great to get out.

I wish I could upgrade the house with you guys. We live in a two bedroom place with about 900 sq ft of living space. It's tight with just the three of us and we're already feeling the walls close in as we prepare things for this baby. Sadly, we have to wait on DH to get a promotion before that happens, which we're hoping will happen shortly after the baby is born. We're planning on being here until the new baby is about a year old. I just hope it works out!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#22 of 68 Old 05-09-2011, 01:48 PM

We are currently adding 2 new bedrooms to the basement for our existing kids.  I say "we" but really I mean my husband, since I do very, very little these days :/  We have a small farmhouse, and the upstairs is about 800 square feet (including the 2 bedrooms), which we always made work...but could not make work with 3.  It will be nice for the older 2 to have their own spaces again.

We made it a point to get a larger vehicle before I even got pregnant.  We ended up getting an SUV out of necessity, because of where we live- a minivan would be a nice lawn ornament 4 months out of the year. 

#23 of 68 Old 05-09-2011, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

It is fortuitous that we're moving from the east coast to the midwest where we'll be able to afford more house now that this little one will be joining us.  I'm just feeling really stressed about getting our house here sold and buying a new one there before the baby comes.  We want a homebirth and I'm not interested in doing that in some interim 2 bedroom apartment.  I wish Illinois had free standing birth centers- I would feel less stressed if that was an option!  Anyway, fingers crossed that these people make us an offer!

#24 of 68 Old 05-10-2011, 03:06 PM

I am due with my second baby on November 22, 2011 so please add me as well.  I have a 2.5 year old daughter.

I just had my 12 week midwife appointment and heard the heartbeat for the first time!  I found it very reassuring as I am not planning an ultrasound until 18 weeks.   I also found out that our team has changed around and the midwife who was our second with our first baby has joined our team.  She was on a different team and just happened to be at the birth to fill in for our other midwife who had a family emergency.  Anyhow, she's great and it will be nice to know two of the three from the first time around.

I'm also thrilled to have a bit more energy and the nausea is easing up a little.  Food is more appealing.  Thank goodness for T2!  Bring on the fun part.

#25 of 68 Old 05-12-2011, 03:13 PM

Ladies, I don't handle pregnancy well.  This is HARD work and I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!  Ok I said it, I have been having a difficult time lately, feeling burnt out and totally frusterated with it all.  I do a lot of this life with the other two kids and housekeeping myself, my DH works and travels a lot and frankly I am sick of being the martyr who does it all.  Don't get me wrong, my DH is a wonderful man and the best dad ever, its just his crazy schedule and my part time waitressing job that is pushing me to feeling so taxed.  I needed a place to vent, so thank you all for taking the time to read.  I can't wait until the 2nd trimester, it will be nice to have a belly and feel the baby and hopefully feel better. 

Cheers to all of you doing an amazing thing, growing a human being!

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#26 of 68 Old 05-12-2011, 11:16 PM

Add me in ladies! Due late November with #4.

We have a minivan, but really need to upgrade DH's blazer to an SUV with a third row...we use the blazer to pull our camper. So it's drive two vehicles, add towing capabilities to the van (if it'll pull our camper...its a tiny one, but I don't know), or upgrade his blazer. Which we just got for free in a trade for my late FIL's motorcycle, but I dunno. Part of me wants to upgrade my van to a conversion van with a tow package instead.

DH is feeling  like we need more house. We have 925sq ft with 3 bedrooms. One tiny one, 2 good size ones. I think it'd be cheaper for us to convert the garage into a bedroom, but also think we're fine with the space we have as long as we start utilizing it better. I think part of his is just feeling like he needs to provide more for our family. Which is crazy, because I like having a tiny house!

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#27 of 68 Old 05-13-2011, 05:16 AM

Add me please. Mid-November with #4

We have a Honda Pilot with a third row of seats and since we are upside-down on the loan, we won't be trading it in anytime soon. It's a little cramped, but it will work. We also have a 4 bedroom house although we've converted one of the bedrooms into the living space and the original living space into a dining room, but I still think it will work. Currently all 3 of my little ones are in the bedroom upstairs next to ours, which is decent-sized. The 4th bedroom has bunk beds and all their toys, but no one is sleeping in it yet! We would love a new updated home and land, but we're just not in a place financially right now, so I will be working on making our current home feel like home. For the last 4 years, it has always felt temporary and with both of us working, I've kind of treated it that way. Now that I will be home full-tim, that's going to change.

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
#28 of 68 Old 05-13-2011, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies!  wave.gif  Glad to see the chat thread getting some action.  biggrinbounce.gif

I had a rough evening and night with ds who was super fussy (probably a molar).  So I'm tired and cranky this morning.  Dh spent the evening at a baseball game with dd and had a lovely time.  I know that's great for them and I'm happy dd had a nice time, but when I'm home with a crying baby and feeling nauseous, it sort of sucks to think of them off having fun and then coming home and sleeping through the night.  Rrrrr.....  This morning I was snapping at dh b/c I tried to tell him what a hard night I had while he was off having fun.  All I wanted was some sympathy and maybe to have him give the kids breakfast (he has the day off).  But instead it turns into an argument about how much he does for our family and he doesn't appreciate being blasted.  I hate these miscommunications.  Why can't he just say he's sorry that my night sucked and then turn around and feed the crying toddler some breakfast?  I mean, come on.  I think it's just so easy for partners to forget how crappy we feel when we're pregnant.  Honestly I think if I were throwing up he would have more sympathy, but b/c I'm a gagger/constant nasty nausea type he doesn't see how miserable I am all the time.  So, Molly, I hear you!  This is tough work we mamas do.

#29 of 68 Old 05-13-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbmama3-7 View Post

Ladies, I don't handle pregnancy well.  This is HARD work and I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!  Ok I said it, I have been having a difficult time lately, feeling burnt out and totally frusterated with it all.  I do a lot of this life with the other two kids and housekeeping myself, my DH works and travels a lot and frankly I am sick of being the martyr who does it all.  Don't get me wrong, my DH is a wonderful man and the best dad ever, its just his crazy schedule and my part time waitressing job that is pushing me to feeling so taxed.  I needed a place to vent, so thank you all for taking the time to read.  I can't wait until the 2nd trimester, it will be nice to have a belly and feel the baby and hopefully feel better. 

Cheers to all of you doing an amazing thing, growing a human being!

hug2.gif  It IS a hard job, and Im sorry your feeling so awful.  I myself have been struggling with some of the same feelings- esspecially in regard to feeling sick and tired all the time.

#30 of 68 Old 05-14-2011, 06:35 AM - Thread Starter

So I'm not sure why I'm obsessing about the birth already... I'm only 11 weeks.  Generally it takes until 30 weeks for me to start turning my focus toward the birth.  But this whole "wild card" situation with third labors and births has really got me mulling.  I think some of it has to do with the fact that I don't know where or with whom I'm going to birth since we're moving in a couple months.  But in general I have this lack of confidence about the birth part, sort of a dreading already b/c of what I've heard from so many people.  It sucks b/c usually I am the one among my friends to be spouting the amazing experience that is birth, boosting their confidence that they can do it... but now I feel unsure.  It's odd.  I'm thinking it also has to do with the fact that my second labor and birth was so easy.  I was already dilated to 5+cm before labor even started and the rest wasn't too hard.  Of course there is always that moment in transition where you want to be done, but pushing was a total breeze.  I don't want to expect my third labor to be the same or even easier b/c it seems like that is unlikely to be the case and these types of expectations cause frustration when the labor is not progressing as thought.  I'm all for envisioning things and I plan to do that, but I also want to be realistic.  What was nice about preparing for my second birth was that I knew there was an excellent chance that things would be quicker and easier.  Third time... not so much.  ARGH!

I posted in Birth and Beyond if you'd like to add your experience or follow the discussion.  Hopefully more people will join in soon before the thread gets buried. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page