Any other ladies an emotional wreck? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-12-2011, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Who else's emotions have been running wild lately?  I'm snappy, irritable, cry over sappy songs on the radio, and am terrified I'm going to burst into tears in front of my boss at work (I haven't told him yet).  My poor husband.  I've taken to warning him, when I can, that "I'm feeling hormonal," which he now knows means he's likely going to get yelled/snapped at and there's nothing he can do to prevent it, but is supposed to keep in mind that I love him and I can't control it.  Of course, if he gets remotely defensive or seems in the least bit displeased at my 'tude, look out!  Though I think he's more frightened when he sees me, an ex-rugby player who was known to pop a dislocated shoulder back into its socket and keep playing, burst into tears in the car because of a cheesy 80's song.
I know there's nothing I can do about it, and just hope that it goes away and try to make up for it when I'm not a basket case. 

Anyone else feeling like a crazy person lately?

#2 of 9 Old 05-12-2011, 11:27 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Oh, yes.  My kids are my main trigger.  I totally lost it the other day when I got zero sleep due to a cold, my ds took at 10 minute morning nap, and I found out my dd needed a lunch for a special picnic that I totally forgot about...  My dh told me it was my job to have remembered the lunch b/c he can't be expected to remember everything and go to work.  I went postal on him and then cried for half an hour.  Usually this hormonal imbalance evens out a bit around weeks 12-14.  Here's hoping!  Check out the May chat thread to hear how others in the DDC are feeling!

jasmin85 likes this.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#3 of 9 Old 05-12-2011, 11:31 AM

I completely understand!  I'm not working, but things get pretty crazy around here.  This stupid link made me weepy the other day, lol. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBIOzyOT1gI  (a bunch of pregnant women dancing to a changed version of "Baby"_

I get all teary at my daughter's happy movie endings (Rio, etc.), and extremely pissy with the damn dog who is always underfoot, and my 5 year old's crazy antics and my husband's neediness....I think it's hard for him because I have been more distant since I'm either cranky, tired, or nauseous lately, especially since he's been getting home around 8pm and our daughter doesn't go to bed until 9:30/10....yeah, I'm feelin' SUPER lovey-dovey right now....uh huh....yeeaaaah....

I find that I feel much better if I can get out and about, or hit the gym, staying active and being out of the house because otherwise I just get all pent up and crazy...the problem is we've been short on nice days lately (in Seattle) so I've been in a funk....fortunately, we're starting to get some more sunny days, which help a lot.  Also, my mom came over and helped me get my house back on track (after a month of neglect), so that made everyone feel a little better!

Hang in there, and find some lady friends who are also feeling hormonal and have a chick-flick night!  I'm not usually into those movies, but when I'm pregnant it is kind of awesome to have someone to be all weepy and stupid with  ;)

Also, I've been all sorts of forgetful and have a very short attention span these days!  Ugh, I don't know how I made it through massage school and working last time around!  SO glad to just be home to worry about house stuff, and not worrying about remembering muscle attachments and pathologies!  =P

#4 of 9 Old 05-12-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

My dh told me it was my job to have remembered the lunch b/c he can't be expected to remember everything and go to work.  I went postal on him and then cried for half an hour.  

duck.gif

Men.  No sense of self preservation sometimes ;)

I am finding myself extra weepy over how fast DD is growing up.  And, the worst is those moments when you feel like you're failing as a parent for some silly reason and then start thinking about being responsible for two.....I cried in the car in the library parking lot for 10 minutes the other weekend because she had a tantrum about leaving and then  I accidentally knocked her with the main door when I opened it.

Sane?  No.,

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#5 of 9 Old 05-12-2011, 06:23 PM

I feel ya totally! I cry almost everyday and get snappy over stupid stuff. Forget even discussing opinions on things. lol Rawr! I'll scratch your eyes out! God forbid when the baby blues come a few days after having the baby.

#6 of 9 Old 05-12-2011, 09:14 PM

Songs on the radio are making me bawl. I get rage-y a lot! I am crying from stress. I NEVER cry. Ever. I cried very little with the death of grandparents, etc. Now? I'm a leaky faucet.

I know it's bad when DH is suggesting I try the placenta pills I have left from dd3 to help me even out. LOL

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#7 of 9 Old 05-15-2011, 06:20 PM

Yesterday I cried at a freaking Google commercial.  It was so embarrassing.  If anyone wants to see, here you go:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4vkVHijdQk  Watch at your own risk! Lol.

I also yelled at dh that he was selfish and inconsiderate because I didn't like a picture he took of me (!?) and I ripped a few of my in-laws a new one on fb for a stupid conversation where they were all complaining about men who wore earrings and capri pants.  Yep, yesterday was a doozy.

#8 of 9 Old 05-16-2011, 07:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

That's a very sweet commercial.  I almost cried and I'm not extra emotional at all.  :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viriditas View Post

Yesterday I cried at a freaking Google commercial.  It was so embarrassing.  If anyone wants to see, here you go:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4vkVHijdQk  Watch at your own risk! Lol.

I also yelled at dh that he was selfish and inconsiderate because I didn't like a picture he took of me (!?) and I ripped a few of my in-laws a new one on fb for a stupid conversation where they were all complaining about men who wore earrings and capri pants.  Yep, yesterday was a doozy.

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11.  We are planning our next adventure to South America in April 2014!
#9 of 9 Old 05-21-2011, 05:27 PM

-

First came partners.gif then cat.gif then another cat.gif and then babygirl.gif (11/11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page