Anyone know the Gender of their baby ? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-22-2011, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Had a 20 week ultrasound today and confirmed (from our 15 week ultrasound) that it is a boy! So happy!! love.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2011, 11:22 PM

We're having a girl!

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
Old 06-23-2011, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Why do people need to make these sort of assumptions? 

We just found out that we're pregnant with our second girl.  My son was adopted by my DH, so he's from a previous relationship..  If we have a boy his name HAS to be John Edmund V.  In my dh's family they alternated names between George and John with each generation.  So far it's been going on for 8 generations (our baby would be the 9th)!  Anyway, people just assume that we wanted and needed this baby to be a boy.  When I called my family to tell them the GREAT news, most of them said something like, "uh oh, now you have to go for #4".. What?  That's the first thing out of your mouth?  We're totally happy with our little girl!  :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkToMeNow View Post

I haven't gotten it yet, but I'm waiting for the "Three girls and now a boy! Wow, you guys had to try for a long time for that one!" Like we've been so dissatisfied with these darn girls... gotta keep going to finally get that boy! eyesroll.gif

Congrats to everyone on your babies!

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
Old 06-24-2011, 09:31 AM

--

Old 06-24-2011, 09:39 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick061106 View Post
It sure will make naming a whole lot easier... DP and I have agreed on a boy's name almost since the beginning.  We have had a REALLY tough time finding girl's names that we both like.

Dh and I are the exact opposite.  We have a ton of girl names we both like and zero boy names.  We have decided to not find out the gender so we'll have to figure something out by the end or he'll just be "baby boy" until we do!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Old 07-07-2011, 03:17 AM

Thanks for all the answers ladies!! well, it turns out we're definitely having a GIRL!!! We're over the moon as now we have both, and she'll have 2 big brothers which is what I always wanted :)

Mama to 2 gorgeous little boys 5 yrs and 2.5 yrs fencing.gif expecting another babyf.gif in November 2011!!

It's a stork-girl.gif !!! hearts.gif
Living with my amazing partner love.gif and 4 cat.gif

Old 07-08-2011, 05:19 AM

CONGRATS to all of you mommies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliShanti View Post

It's a BOY! This makes 2 boys and a girl in the middle :)

I was so convinced that our baby was going to be a girl, but...

we found out that we are expecting a BOY!

2 boys and a girl in the middle for us too.biggrinbounce.gif

Michelle - Mama to Sage treehugger.gif, Skye modifiedartist.gif and Stormbfinfant.gif11/15/11

winner.jpgcd.gif  nocirc.gif   2vbac.gif femalesling.GIF familybed1.gif goorganic.jpg

Old 07-08-2011, 05:06 PM

--

Old 07-09-2011, 10:24 AM

We are also having a girl! I am so incredibly excited to have two girls!

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

Old 07-11-2011, 09:31 PM

I have been anxiously awaiting the day of the ultrasound to post in this thread and the day finally came!  We had our ultrasound today and the baby is super perfect and healthy looking, and super uncooperative with gender determination!!  I could not stop laughing.  We spent months debating whether or not to find out.  I was adamant about not finding out with our first, but since my husband wanted to know then I told him he could decide whether or not to find out this time.  He was a little bit torn about it, but decided he wanted to find out.  Then little baby kept his/her knees pressed tightly together throughout the ultrasound!  We got a printout with "It's a girl?" because that is their best guess, but they stressed that we shouldn't paint the room pink or anything (not that we would!).  They didn't see boy parts, but they also couldn't confirm girl parts.  I don't know why, but this cracks me up! 

happily married since 2006 with toddler son (born August 2009) and baby girl (born November 2011).

Old 08-02-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabelle View Post

I have been anxiously awaiting the day of the ultrasound to post in this thread and the day finally came!  We had our ultrasound today and the baby is super perfect and healthy looking, and super uncooperative with gender determination!!  I could not stop laughing.  We spent months debating whether or not to find out.  I was adamant about not finding out with our first, but since my husband wanted to know then I told him he could decide whether or not to find out this time.  He was a little bit torn about it, but decided he wanted to find out.  Then little baby kept his/her knees pressed tightly together throughout the ultrasound!  We got a printout with "It's a girl?" because that is their best guess, but they stressed that we shouldn't paint the room pink or anything (not that we would!).  They didn't see boy parts, but they also couldn't confirm girl parts.  I don't know why, but this cracks me up! 

haha, OMG, that would drive me even more nuts than not knowing at all!!!  Are you going to do a do-over ultrasound or just wait it out? 

Old 08-02-2011, 06:34 PM

I am having a girl.

User Tag List