The Ministry of Funny Walks... Loose hips? Waddling already? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-13-2011, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

...make that Not-So-Silly Walks...

My hips feel so incredibly loose and it's making me walk funny. It feels odd to say it so early into this pregnancy, but I feel like I'm doing the late-in-pregnancy waddle. I'm thin/average weight, and I've gained only two pounds so far at 14+ weeks. This is my third pregnancy, and I don't recall any funny walks or significant pain until I was well into my third trimesters. Weird.

Does anyone else feel this way, or am I imagining things? 

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#2 of 8 Old 05-13-2011, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm having a lot of pain/pressure on my tailbone which seems strange to me to be having already, but it's making me waddle a little too. And stand up like I'm 9 months pregnant. 

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#3 of 8 Old 05-13-2011, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yup, my pelvis is starting to get sore, which makes me walk a little more gingerly..  Ah, it's starting already!

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11.  We are planning our next adventure to South America in April 2014!
#4 of 8 Old 05-14-2011, 06:55 AM

I caught myself waddling the other day, but it's not because of my hips. It's the thought of being pregnant and doing the waddle later on that makes me do it. lol

#5 of 8 Old 05-15-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwannaB anRN View Post

I caught myself waddling the other day, but it's not because of my hips. It's the thought of being pregnant and doing the waddle later on that makes me do it. lol

Haha, this is me!  I catch myself standing with my hand on my back, belly out...or waddling, just because my head is in the pregnant zone, thinking about the day I will have a huge belly.  

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#6 of 8 Old 05-15-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katico View Post

Haha, this is me!  I catch myself standing with my hand on my back, belly out...or waddling, just because my head is in the pregnant zone, thinking about the day I will have a huge belly.  

haha! Exactly! I have had my belly out a few times too.

#7 of 8 Old 05-16-2011, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katico View Post

I do this, too! However, my funny waddle is the real deal. I feel like my hips spread open a few inches. I feel like such a weirdo when I walk.

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#8 of 8 Old 05-19-2011, 08:57 AM

I find myself starting to waddle too! I thought its weird because its this early.. Im 13 weeks and havent gained any weight but everything looks and feels different.

Glad im not alone!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page