The ONE Thread- June chit chat - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 107 Old 06-06-2011, 07:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Your Austin is just 3 months younger than my Casey. I know that if Casey doses in the car for five minutes she will NOT nap after that. lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 107 Old 06-06-2011, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My goodness I have a wicked case of b*tchiness right now!   What's the deal?  Fresh batch of hormones at 15 weeks?!   irked.gif  I wish I could go on a run, but I know that would result in contractions and probably losing my breakfast in a bush.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#33 of 107 Old 06-06-2011, 08:29 AM

Me too Jaimee!  My DH mowed the lawn yesterday (we have 5 acres, its a task) and his allergies were so bad last night- he snored SO LOUD he kept me awake almost all night.  And today I have 4 kids- my 2, and my 2 extras I watch.  IM EXHAUSTED!  Im hiding out on the computer until nap time, hopefully I can remain calm until then.

How early is too early or a nap, anyways?

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#34 of 107 Old 06-06-2011, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I know how you feel. lol I usually end up running at night, just cuz that's when my stomach is most settled, but God forbid anyone not agree with me or say something rather controversial to me. I'm big on jumping to conclusions when I'm pregnant. lol

#35 of 107 Old 06-06-2011, 12:33 PM

After a week of not leaving the house, I called and made an appointment to talk to my regular Dr about my anxiety (he's who I'm seeing for prenatal care as well). I go in Wednesday at 11am. Really hoping we find a workable solution, I can't do another 25 weeks feeling like this!

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#36 of 107 Old 06-06-2011, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Hope he can help, Dennie!

Ash, one of the few reasons that dh sleeps in his own bed upstairs across from dd while ds and I bedshare downstairs.  I do not need two babies waking me up!  Sorry to hear you were up all night... probably does not help your nausea at all!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#37 of 107 Old 06-07-2011, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

Okay, ladies I feel like I'm reaching a cross roads with the nursing.  I thought I could power through, but if this is what it's going to be like for months or even weeks I don't think  I can make it.  I am SO irritated by ds' nursing!  It's driving me batty.  He pops on and off, he flicks with his tongue, he pulls back so that he's just latched on the very tip of the nipple...  I know there is still some milk in there, I hear him occasionally swallow and I can see the milk on the tip of my nipple.  I'm not dry, so I'm not sure what's bringing on all these poor nursing behaviors.  But the feelings I'm getting while he nurses are awful.  I get short of breath, almost panicky.  Sometimes I have to rip him off and put him down, which makes him upset but I want to jump out a window.  What's the deal?  Will this pass and soon?!

#38 of 107 Old 06-07-2011, 07:35 AM

Jaimee- a friend of mine who just had her baby had similar feelings.  She was tandem nursing her 3 and 1 years old at the time she got pregnant and ultimately had to quit nursing the 3 years old.  She said it took all she had not to haul off and flick them in the face when they were nursing- the sensation was awful, and actually evoked anger in her.  It quit bothering her as much around 6 months, but then after delivery she had a new set of sore nipple issues.

Ive never nursed while pregnant, but Im sorry its causing you so much discomfort!

#39 of 107 Old 06-07-2011, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter

I read about feelings like these in Adventures in Tandem Nursing, which was comforting- knowing that I'm not the only one.  But I thought, how bad could it be?  I should be able to power through it.  Haha!  I know that it could continue for a bit, until colostrum comes in, or the entire rest of my pregnancy.  Rrrrr....   Right now I'm letting him nurse a bit and then popping him off to suck his thumb instead.  It may end up weaning him I don't know... but in this moment I don't care!

#40 of 107 Old 06-07-2011, 09:02 AM

Found the major anxiety source- ZOFRAN! So if I'm not taking it, my anxiety is at pre-pregnancy (manageable, liveable) levels. But I'm gagging when I eat and throwing up at least 1x/day. :( Really hoping we can find some balance between the HG and anxiety now. Crap.

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#41 of 107 Old 06-07-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

Okay, ladies I feel like I'm reaching a cross roads with the nursing.  I thought I could power through, but if this is what it's going to be like for months or even weeks I don't think  I can make it.  I am SO irritated by ds' nursing!  It's driving me batty.  He pops on and off, he flicks with his tongue, he pulls back so that he's just latched on the very tip of the nipple...  I know there is still some milk in there, I hear him occasionally swallow and I can see the milk on the tip of my nipple.  I'm not dry, so I'm not sure what's bringing on all these poor nursing behaviors.  But the feelings I'm getting while he nurses are awful.  I get short of breath, almost panicky.  Sometimes I have to rip him off and put him down, which makes him upset but I want to jump out a window.  What's the deal?  Will this pass and soon?!

Jaimee, I'm sorry you are dealing with this! I wish I had some advice. I nursed dd1 throughout my pregnancy with dd2 and then tandem nursed for a year. But I can not for the life of me remember that! (It was 6.5-7 years ago). Isn't it funny how the past gets so fuzzy? Anyway, all I can offer is to say that you should not feel bad if you decide to wean! Just do what you need to to stay sane!!  If you decide to keep trying, maybe try to do some deep breathing and relaxation while he is nursing.... 

Good luck!

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#42 of 107 Old 06-07-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamama View Post

Found the major anxiety source- ZOFRAN! So if I'm not taking it, my anxiety is at pre-pregnancy (manageable, liveable) levels. But I'm gagging when I eat and throwing up at least 1x/day. :( Really hoping we can find some balance between the HG and anxiety now. Crap.

Really?! That sucks! Do you take anything for your anxiety? I take generic Celexa and it helps a lot. I know a lot of people don't want to take drugs period, especially during pregnancy, but for me the benefits outweigh the risks. When my anxiety gets bad, I've been trying to drink some Calm and just breathe. Maybe do a bit of yoga if I can. I hope it gets better for you.

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#43 of 107 Old 06-07-2011, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Oh no Dennie!  What about Unisom for the nausea?  It's considered category A now and while it's L3 Dr. Hale told me that with half a tablet at night, at 15 weeks pg, very little if anything would be reaching a night weaned toddler and whatever did he would be able to metabolize like an adult.

Thanks Ash and TalkToMeNow, it's always good to hear supportive words!

So we had an interesting day today.  Austin got his big toe smashed under our back door due to two door pushing preschoolers.  The nail is almost completely torn off.  We took him to the ER and waited for 2 hours despite being "fast tracked" with a toddler.  Had to debate about the tetanus shot.  They wanted to give him DTaP and we don't vax.  Finally tracked down a monovax of tetanus.  Sigh...  So much crying and screaming for my poor little guy and they were so slow to bring him motrin (after the irrigation and shot- I mean come on!).  I cried too partly b/c I'm pregnant and emotional and partly because I did the same thing about 4 years ago and remember the pain and recovery quite vividly.  mecry.gif

#44 of 107 Old 06-07-2011, 01:41 PM

Oh, Jaimee, that's so awful! I've torn nails off on my hands, I can't imagine on my toe! Poor little guy!

I'm going to try the Unisom and go back to just eating whatever I can muster, fitting in as many nutritious high-calorie options as I can. I can't do that level of anxiety again. The nausea is easier to handle than the crippling, agoraphobia triggering anxiety.

Oh, and I'm thinking of weaning too. I feel super guilty, because dd3 is 15 months and the other two were both 3 when they weaned. And I nursed them through pregnancies. But I'm just...tired. I've been pg, nursing, or both since Nov '04!

TalktoMeNow, I have tried SSRIs for anxiety before with no luck. :/ The Xanax/Valium type meds seem to be the only drugs that help. And they're all CategoryD.

#45 of 107 Old 06-08-2011, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EonJourney View Post

My previous midwife is not allowed to help with twins. I plan to call around if my ob disappoints me again. My plan is to explore hiring a midwife for hospital support.

Code Name Mama- I really enjoy your blog.

By the way,  I ran over 2 hrs on mountain trails yesterday. It is strange- my pregnancy with DS was a lot tougher to exercise. I am sure that will change but for now I am cherishing the days I can still run and feel good on the running up and down mountains.

It is supposed to be 75F today!

Aw, thank you! It hasn't been getting much attention lately wink1.gif
I am so impressed with your exercise - the most I've done has been walking around Seaworld in Orlando, and I am pooped at the end of the day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

I wonder if the poor nursing behaviors are due to changing flavor and volume of your milk. Several of my friends have had to institute a "ten count" while pregnant - they’ll let the child nurse “until the count of ten,” and that seems to help a) the mom know the pain will come to an end; and b) the child know they still have access. Good luck!! I hope you can work through it!

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
#46 of 107 Old 06-08-2011, 02:19 PM

Ok ladies- I have my first appt tomorrow where my doc will measure my cervical length and Im feeling REALLY nervous about it!  Since I have had problems with my cervix randomly decided it did not feel like holding babies in anymore, this length will dictate my activity level throughout the rest of this pregnancy.  This number is a really, really big deal...

#47 of 107 Old 06-08-2011, 03:01 PM

Hello Ladies,

I do the 10 count and it works really well. I usually count to 10 on both sides and if DS wants to suckle more then I say we will count to 5. He is older than your little one I think though so it might not work as well for you.

I hope your appt goes well dashley. I always tell myself to not worry about things that we can't control and only worry about what we can control and then forumlate a plan to fix it.

I had my 15 week appt yesterday. After waiting for 45 min, the doc did finally see me. He told me I could try natural, no c sect unless necesary and hire a midwife for hospital support. He redeemed himself but still got negative points for first telling me he wanted me to have a planned c-sect and for not knowing the twins were identical and being extremely late for the 2nd time. I am not sure if I should trust this guy. He seems like he might be a little too busy but then which OB isn't too busy. I am still on the fence but glad he consented to all my wishes for a naturual  birth as possible.

I have so much energy today!! I am sure tomorrow I will crash but it feels good to be back to my almost normal self.

Cheers

42 year old runnerjog.gif, hiker. Mom to DS(6/28/08) smile.gifand married to my best friend. Cloth diaper and plan to homeschool. Love my life in the mountains. Identical twin boys born 11/3/11 selectivevax.gifgoorganic.jpgbfolderchild.gifnocirc.giffambedsingle2.gif

#48 of 107 Old 06-08-2011, 04:22 PM

Eon that is awesome!  What do your Mom-feelers say about him?  Is your comfort level with his abilities high enough to make you want to stay?

#49 of 107 Old 06-08-2011, 05:08 PM

My mama feelers say he will work as long as I can find a good midwife too. Let us know how your appt goes-think positive thoughts!

42 year old runnerjog.gif, hiker. Mom to DS(6/28/08) smile.gifand married to my best friend. Cloth diaper and plan to homeschool. Love my life in the mountains. Identical twin boys born 11/3/11 selectivevax.gifgoorganic.jpgbfolderchild.gifnocirc.giffambedsingle2.gif

#50 of 107 Old 06-09-2011, 01:06 PM

My appt was awesome- my cervical length was great, I start my progesterone suppositories tonight, and I found out its a girl :)

#51 of 107 Old 06-09-2011, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Yay Eon and Ash!  I'm so happy that you both had encouraging appointments!  Congrats on a girl, too, Ash! 

#52 of 107 Old 06-11-2011, 07:43 PM

meb2 - first baby! due 11/1/11

Eon- I am so jealous of the fact that you're so full of energy... I feel like I could lay in bed alllll day long. And yay to Dashley for the appointment going well, and YAY for a girl!!

We just had our first sono yesterday and found out that we're having a boy! I'm so happy about this... We definitely felt like it was a boy before we knew too :) Which makes it so much more exciting!

Morgan. Single mama to DS (10/27/11) fambedsingle1.gif bfinfant.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

www.facebook.com/gnomegrowncreations

#53 of 107 Old 06-11-2011, 07:49 PM

Congrats on a boy!  We just found out we are having our third girl.  Now DH and I need to decide on a name!

I love Edward and we love our Libby (8/07) waterbirth.jpg and 'Nana' (05/09 )h20homebirth.gif and Eowyn (11/11) waterbirth.jpg  We are having a blast bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifcd.gif and homeschool.gif.

#54 of 107 Old 06-11-2011, 07:59 PM

Are you planning to stick with the "L" theme for baby girl number three? I'm one of three girls and my parents had two Ms and an A... 

Morgan. Single mama to DS (10/27/11) fambedsingle1.gif bfinfant.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

www.facebook.com/gnomegrowncreations

#55 of 107 Old 06-11-2011, 08:03 PM

Probably not,  Libby is short for Elisabeth, and Lily is actually Julianna. :)  If we had a boy we were going to name him William and call him Liam, but I am not feeling any L names for this one.

I love Edward and we love our Libby (8/07) waterbirth.jpg and 'Nana' (05/09 )h20homebirth.gif and Eowyn (11/11) waterbirth.jpg  We are having a blast bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifcd.gif and homeschool.gif.

#56 of 107 Old 06-14-2011, 08:00 PM

Well, I think DD3 self-weaned. I expected it, and imagine it would've happened early even if I weren't pregnant, since I do still have milk. She has never really been a comfort nurser, and nursing seemed to be more out of necessity than something she enjoyed (not surprising, we had a ton of nursing problems really until about 5 months ago). She doesn't take a pacifier either, so it's not that she's picking something else to comfort suck on...she just isn't interested. She wants cups like her sisters, and wants to run all around. Yesterday morning I got her to nurse for about a minute by sneaking it on her when she was half asleep. As soon as she realized she was nursing she stopped, flopped over (we co-sleep, but she doesn't like to sleep close to us, she wants her space!), and went back to sleep with her little back turned to me. :( I'm okay with having a break between these babies. I really wasn't sure I wanted to face 8 years of non-stop breastfeeding (if she nursed all through the pg and baby #4 nursed for at least 2 years)! And since she slowed way down, I have noticed the HG symptoms are a little better, which makes sense since bfing has made me nauseous in previous pregnancies. But it's still sad. My baby is getting too big too fast!

#57 of 107 Old 06-15-2011, 12:35 AM

listening to bullet for my valentine.

I'm eating like a lot because I haven't really ate allday or yesterday

what you guys doing up so late? What did you last eating?
#58 of 107 Old 06-15-2011, 05:44 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome Albafan15!  When are you due?  If you'd like to be added to the member roster at the beginning of the thread, let me know by typing in BOLD your username, first name, due date, age, what number baby this is, and anything  else you'd like to share.

Dennie- Sorry and congratulations about the weaning!  I know it can be bittersweet, but I bet you'll really enjoy the break.  I know I  immensely enjoyed the non-nursing time between my first two!  Ds is still latching on a few times a day, but mostly he rests on my bare breast and sucks his thumb when he needs comfort or is trying to fall asleep.  We'll see how these next few weeks go as my supply decreases even more.

I've got my second prenatal appointment on Thursday.  I requested a different midwife in the practice after the debacle with the last one so I hope this time goes better!  I've also been having a few good days, nausea-wise, this week, which is awesome!!

#59 of 107 Old 06-15-2011, 08:24 AM

I'm due nov. 23. My name's alex first and albafan15
#60 of 107 Old 06-15-2011, 08:42 AM

Welcome Alex!

Dennie- my daughter sounds a lot like yours.  I struggled to get her to keep nursing until a year, she just wasn't interested.  She is, to this day, incredibly independent.  She was a very early talker and had no problem expressing her feelings by about 7 months.  At 8 months old she was begging me and crying for me to LET her sleep in her crib, since we only co-slept.  It was hard for me to give her so much space, but its the child she is- she is independent, and a self learner and even taught herself to read just by looking at books.  I feel like she is better for me letting her choose to be so self sufficient, even though *I* struggle with the feeling that she wasn't my "baby" for very long.  Anyways, my point, take advantage of how independent she wants to be and let her go with it!  Its amazing to watch how even little ones can grow so fast just by what they learn from themselves.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page