The ONE Thread- June chit chat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 107 Old 06-02-2011, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome to the November DDC ONE Thread

The one thread is a place to chit chat, share your fears, happiness, sadness, and so forth and so on.

To be added to the list, please tell me in bold your screen name, first name, due date, what number baby it is, and anything else you'd like to add.

End of October

Hykue-  Julie, 30, 10/30, Tried for 7 months or so, with an early loss in September of last year

Early November

meb2- 11/1 with #1

nmouse- 31, 11/2, it's my first child, I got pregnant after ramping up my BBT/OPK charting and taking various supplements plus progesterone cream.

BubbaGirl- Due 11/3.

herbmama3-7- Holly, 11/4.

Ratchet- I'm 30.  11/4

Lillysweets- Candace, 36, 11/4, expecting my 3rd

Summersquash- age 32, 11/5, pregnant with #2

ExpectantMama19- Krystal, 19, 11/5, my fiancé and I tried for 4 months with brokenheart.gif, followed by depression and tears on my part. Then when we decided that maybe it would be better to wait, the test came up positive!  This will be our first.

Mal85- Mallory: 11/6, Tried for 6 months before getting our BFP

cece- Christina, 11/6, #2

Abelmec- 31, 11/7 with #1

Seraf- 11/8, Expecting my third, I got lucky on my 4th try with frozen donor semen.  DP is also TTC now.

Paigekitten- Katie, 11/8, expecting our third baby

KayPea- 11/8, #2. We tried for 9 months (while still BFing DD)

TalkToMeNow- Amanda, 11/9, our fourth child but my third pregnancy.

Amberfawn- 11/9 with #1

2011Mama- 11/9, it's our first baby and we tried for 9 months (the last two were with a RE for PCOS).

Mid November

heket- 36, 11/8-12, This will be our third child and a total oops.

marybright1- 11/12, This will be our fourth kid, third pregnancy. I'm hoping for a HBAC.

TTCChloeOrConner- Nicole. 23. 11/12, TTC for 16 months naturally before getting my miracle BFP Stick, baby, stick!!!

AprilGlynn- 11/13, lost our son in October to SIDS and got pregnant on our first try with this baby

Miranda- 11/14, this is our fourth child.

anthiat123- Thia, 11/14, I will be just about 35 when newbie comes (bday Nov 10). Bfp after 2 months and 1 loss

Motivated Mama- Nina, mid November with #4

ajbaby- 11/16. This is baby # 2, we tried for three months.

Apmama210- Ang, 11/16

Carrieb26- Carrie, 11/16, #3, planning a home birth

Jbk21- 11/16-19th with second child.  A little bit of an unexpected pregnancy, though we were discussing having #2.

Late November

Rachel88- Rachel – 29, 11/20, One loss and one year of TTC #1. Praying for a sticky baby this time!

Cillian- 11/20

terrainthailand- Terra, 30, 11/21

abraisme- Abra.  11/21, We were ttc for about 6mo, but my cycle had been off because of breastfeeding.  This will be baby #3 for us.

Gemimi13- Dyanna, 35, 11/21, got my BFP our first month of TTC.  It's our first baby! 

IwannaBanRN-Becky-21, 11/21. #3, fifth pregnancy. This one was unplanned and I was on birth control. We are excited, nonetheless. :) 

mcacat- 11/22 with baby #2

crazykittymomma- Sarah, 11/23 with my second after 11 months of TTC with no PPAF due to extended breastfeeding.

mamabelle- 11/23, #2

albafan15- Alex, 11/23 with #1

howdeepistheocean- Kristie, 11/24, #4, Planned...we tried for 1 cycle and got the BFP.

sunshinemoma- Lindsey- 11/24, #2 biggrinbounce.gif  After hoping for 6 months wink1.gif 

ZoeJane'sMommy- 11/25, We tried for 11 months using clomid and progesterone. Our second child and pregnancy.

gardengrrrl- Em, 34, 11/25, 2 months TTC.  This is our first pregnancy and we are beyond happy!

Maria, 35, 11/25 with TWINS! after two losses (2/06 and 9/10) and 4 months of TTC in between our last loss and this pregnancy.

justamama- Dennie, late November with #4

dashley111- Ash, 11/26.

Code Name Mama- Dionna, 11/26, TTC for 18mos+; this will be our second baby.

EonJourney- 41, 11/27 with identical twins

mirami_bat_avraham-Julie, age 28, 11/28 with twins after 27 months of trying & 6 months of fertility treatments.

Jaimee,  31, 11/28, #3 and an oops! baby

Shane- 11/29

smallbrit- Emily, 11/29, #3

KaliShanti- 11/29, #3, 3rd homebirth :)

mama2mmj- Ashley 11/30, this is baby #4 and was a big surprise :)

hug.gif In Our Thoughts hug.gif

hildare

Sommer

purplefish

angelashn

Shannon

nearlyelated

marnica

DevaMajka

Xerxella

nj's_mom

Shauna

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#2 of 107 Old 06-02-2011, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

I wasn't sure if we wanted to keep the ONE thread going since it didn't get much action in May.  But I figured it's good to have a place to chit chat because it feels easier to get to know each other when the conversation goes back and forth in a single thread. 

So, ladies, how's it going today?  I feel a bit better today... a little more energy, a little less nausea.  The weather is a gorgeous 85 degrees, sunny, with a lovely breeze.  I got outside, walked, took the kids to the park, it was great.  The warmer weather also means I can bust out my stretchy top skirts and low riding shorts, which are much more comfortable than unbuttoned pants with a bella band.  Ahhh...   I'm also feeling more bumps and flutters, which is fun.    I stopped going to acupuncture for now as I found that the last few times I went I felt worse afterward so I don't want to mess it up if  I'm starting to finally feel better.  We'll see, I don't expect it will last based on my last two pregnancies, but I can always hope this one is different!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#3 of 107 Old 06-02-2011, 02:20 PM

Thanks for starting the thread!  I feel like this board is very, very slow compared to others I have been on.  There doesn't seem to be as much back-and-forth. 

Awesome that you are starting to feel better!  If your ticker is right, we are about the same as far as due date- I have been feeling better some days, but always bad at night.  I will take it!  WAY better than 10 weeks for sure.

I'm starting some Floradix Iron today.  Ive been feeling really lethargic and over tired for no reason, Im thinking low iron since I consume nothing but crap food still.

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#4 of 107 Old 06-02-2011, 02:36 PM

I like having a 'chat' thread as well!

The HG leaves me with good and bad days. More bad than good at the moment, but it can and does change from week to week. I'm still feeling very disconnected to this pregnancy, as the HG and maybe a very sporadic movement here and there are my only symptoms. It's hard to be positive when the only symptom makes you feel like a horrible mother to your other children. :(

I'm also dealing with the emotional aftermath of the whole CPS issue from last month. It was no big deal; we got informed someone called, they came out, saw immediately the claims were unfounded, case closed. Really, no big deal. But because we know it wasn't my MIL or BIL's, it had to be somebody that knows ME. Which has left me feeling very vulnerable and untrusting of even my most near and dear friends. I feel so isolated now, because I'm afraid to trust anybody around here anymore. I'm grateful things went as well as they did, but it could have gone VERY differently if the caseworker had wanted to find something wrong, and I can't overlook that. *sigh*

I'm trying, very hard, to get DH to move before this baby is born.

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#5 of 107 Old 06-02-2011, 02:49 PM

Sorry to hear about your stress, Dennie. 

I am feeling much more excited about this baby as time keeps flying by.  Sooo much faster than the first pregnancy!  Time is so relative : )  Last weekend I completed the Kinetic Sculpture Race (google it)- 42 miles on a tandem tricycle over road, sand, and water over 3 days.  I knew I could do it, but was worried during the first trimester exhaustion and nausea.  14 and a half weeks pregnant and I felt awesome!  That took a lot of my focus before though, so now I feel like I can really focus on my body and baby.  I miss my yoga classes!   I basically stopped exercising in the first trimester except for a few training bike rides because I was soo tired.

It was nice to be surrounded by family and friends for the race, and my toddler got to have a sleepover with each of his grandmas and did great!  I'm amazed at how much of a big kid he's becoming so fast and excited that our family is going to grow.

We are still debating whether or not we will find out the gender this time.  We didn't with #1 and really didn't care, but we are both much more curious this time and are leaning towards finding out.  I was soooo adamant about the surprise with #1 and definitely had to fight with hubby a bit about it, so if he really wants to find out with this one, I'm fine with it.  We LOVED the big announcement with the birth last time, but if we find out via ultrasound this time then I will know what each experience is like.  We still have a few weeks to decide.

We have been suffering a lot of rain recently and I'm looking forward to summer.  We're taking a week-long road trip next week doing some camping and visiting with friends on our way to a college graduation, looking forward to some time off with hubby and kiddo.

I hope everyone is starting to feel better than the first trimester!  Take care.

happily married since 2006 with toddler son (born August 2009) and baby girl (born November 2011).

#6 of 107 Old 06-02-2011, 03:29 PM

Thank you Jaimee for starting this thread again. I agree this board does seem slower compared to other due date clubs. Glad you both are feeling a bit better. I am too but I still have my super tired spells and feelings of I don't want to eat right now.

I wish it were 85F here too! I live in Montana and the temps have been hovering around 48 and super rainy most of the last month. In fact it even snowed here several inches a few days ago.

I am running and feeling good when I run but some days I feel more pelvic pressure then others.

My almost 3 yo is napping right now. I am going to miss these days when there is 3 hrs of peace and quiet. If anything I am a bit apprenhensive about caring for twins and giving the same attention to my 3 yo.

My next ob appt is Tuesday. Hopefully he wont try to scare me out of my vbac and unscheduled birth request. If he does, I am leaving him to find someone else.

Cheers

42 year old runnerjog.gif, hiker. Mom to DS(6/28/08) smile.gifand married to my best friend. Cloth diaper and plan to homeschool. Love my life in the mountains. Identical twin boys born 11/3/11 selectivevax.gifgoorganic.jpgbfolderchild.gifnocirc.giffambedsingle2.gif

#7 of 107 Old 06-02-2011, 03:53 PM

Dennie- that is terrible about the CPS situation.  Did you find out what the report was in regard to?  Perhaps it was just somebody you know casually, and not a really personal friend? 

I'm with most of you- out Northwest weather is in full force still, and it still rains most days.  Luckily the kids are adjusted to the rain since...well, if they didn't play outside in the rain there would really be no time to play outside!

I have my next OB appt on the 9th- plus an ultrasound performed by my doc to check my cervical length before I start progesterone suppositories.  Fingers crossed I find out the sex then!  I could really use a name for this baby- Im feeling a bit disconnected still, and I know that giving it a name would help.

#8 of 107 Old 06-02-2011, 06:00 PM

This is the first time I've posted in the chat thread, so hello! 17 weeks and I'm finally starting to feel... better? Less nauseous anyway, but still very tired. I think this rainy, cool weather is getting to me, I've felt very down the past couple of weeks, and unproductive. I feel bad for my 2yo, she's had to entertain herself for so long, and I thought I'd be more energetic by this time. Maybe I'll ask my midwives if I can have my iron tested. 

On the positive side, I felt the baby move lots today, which is the first time I can definitely say it was baby, and not gas! I'm pleased. Baby liked the half-cup of coffee I had this morning, hubs put a little too much sugar in there. My sister moved to this province from 4000 km away yesterday, and I'm going to see her this weekend, and my niece who is the same age as my daughter. Busy knitting a Baby Surprise Jacket and a stash-buster blanket for the new babe, and planning future projects. 

I'm not sure what it means to be added to the list at the top, but... due 11/8, we tried for 9 months for this 2nd child (while still BFing DD)

Crafty, play-at-home mama to spirited 4 yo DD and zany 1 yo DS, living in an ecovillage in beautiful British Columbia. 
#9 of 107 Old 06-02-2011, 08:14 PM

Dashley- it mentioned the condition of our home (which has been messier thanks to the HG, some messes just have to wait for DH to clean them, I'm sure you know where I'm coming from!), and then said I slept all day while the kids fended for themselves in the house unattended. When DH doesn't work until the afternoon, yes, I SLEEP IN! But the kids are never unattended. Someone who didn't know us wouldn't hear me complain about a messy house or mentioning sleeping in, which I've done without explanation of the fact that DH is picking up my slack on both accounts. Unfortunately, except for 3-4 people, most of my local friends are casual. I've already cut a LOT of them out of my life since this and have maintained a wall around myself with the rest.

I'm so jealous of those of you who are hardcore exercising! Between my HG and asthma getting worse while pregnant, I'm limited to walks with the kids. But, it's certainly better than nothing.

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#10 of 107 Old 06-02-2011, 08:20 PM

I like having the chat thread, I do say we keep it around. It's a nice way to touch base.

Anyone else having any Braxton Hicks yet? I started getting them this week, I'll be 18 weeks this weekend. We've had really nice weather and one of my daycare kids just returned after being gone for a couple of weeks, so we've been very active this week. I assume that's why I'm getting them. I'm doing a lot of getting down on the floor and standing up with a kid in my arms, a lot of bending over to pick up toys, a lot of lifting heavy toddlers, etc. Yesterday, we went to the park, so I loaded and unloaded 2 toddlers and an 11 month old in my van several times. They actually got pretty painful last night and all I could do was lay on the couch and wait for them to stop, then my round ligament was still so sore, I wasn't good for much. I guess I need to start keeping my lifting in check. 

Maybe we could start some kind of spotlight thread? I see those in other DDC's. Each week we can spotlight a different DDC member, or a few at a time if that would be easier. We throw any questions out at the person on spotlight that week to get to know each other better. Anyone down?

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#11 of 107 Old 06-02-2011, 08:58 PM

Mal- I was going to ask about braxton-hicks too. I've started getting them off an on. Especially when dehydrated, stressed, or when I've been running around like crazy all day! Not constantly or super often, but I am noticing them more and more. I'm 15 weeks, which is early than I remember them with the other three.

#12 of 107 Old 06-03-2011, 05:15 AM

IwannaBanRN-Becky-21    11/21/11 Fifth pregnancy, third child. This one was unplanned and I was on birth control. We are excited, nonetheless. :)

#13 of 107 Old 06-03-2011, 06:31 AM

I'd like to join this month. I think that now that we're all out of our first tri, maybe we'll see some more action on this board. I know I just didn't want to do anything my first tri. I still feel pretty run-down most of the time, but I'm getting lots more accomplished like cooking, cleaning, and eating. smile.gif Looking forward to my ultrasound on the 22nd. We're going to find out what it is and I'm hoping for a boy, but of course would be happy either way smile.gif

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
#14 of 107 Old 06-03-2011, 06:34 AM

11/7/11 due with 1st, age 31.  I agree with the others that it's nice to have a place to chat.  I haven't done it with any of the others, but am glad to join this month.  This pregnancy hasn't been too tough until recently.  My work has been kicking my butt.  I'm a lawyer, and have been super busy lately, working around the clock.  I think my body just had enough this past week and started sending me strong signals to calm down.  Late last week I got really really bad cramps, went to see the mw and she said because there was no bleeding I shouldn't freak out.  This week the cramps have been worse and I've had the added feeling of a stabbing pain deep in my vagina.  The pain was so out-of-the-blue and powerful I literally jumped in my chair a few times.  Called the midwife on call who said it's very odd for me to be feeling that this early in pregnancy (it's my first, but apparently it's very common late in pregnancy when the baby is right on the cervix and is literally kicking the cervix, ow!).  But, she said not to freak out.  So I'm trying not to.  I've taken the day off work and am trying to just relax.

#15 of 107 Old 06-03-2011, 08:03 AM

Girls with Braxton Hicks- have you guys thought about supplementing with and extra cal/mag supplement?  I take Floradix liquid cal/mag, plant based.  It works for me.  I get them bad in the mornings- I think it has a lot to do with how flat my stomach is when I wake up and how giant it is by the end of the day.  3 pregnancies and 2 abdominal surgeries do no justice to your core. 

Last night I freaked myself out.  Like Abelmec (your not the only one) I was having the worst cervical pain!  I could feel the baby kicking, literally, right on my cervix.  I have a tilted uterus so its impossible to tell if my cervix is being kicked from the inside, or if its being kicked from my uterus which hangs to the front of my cervix...I dont know why it creeps me out, but it does. 

I ended up talking to my husband about me seeking some therapy for my trust issues with my body.  Being pregnant is REALLY hard for me because it involves a lot of trusting your body- and my body let me down my first pregnancy, around 28 weeks.  I go into cycles of freaking myself out and actually giving myself contractions and false labor.  Im hoping to avoid that this time, but Im having a hard time managing by myself.

Dennie- if having a messy house is a crime somebody better come get my kids! HG is terrible, and leaves no room for doing dishes or taking out the garbage (smells? eugh).  Im so glad they dropped your case!

#16 of 107 Old 06-03-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashley111 View Post

Girls with Braxton Hicks- have you guys thought about supplementing with and extra cal/mag supplement?  I take Floradix liquid cal/mag, plant based.  It works for me.  I get them bad in the mornings- I think it has a lot to do with how flat my stomach is when I wake up and how giant it is by the end of the day.  3 pregnancies and 2 abdominal surgeries do no justice to your core. 

Last night I freaked myself out.  Like Abelmec (your not the only one) I was having the worst cervical pain!  I could feel the baby kicking, literally, right on my cervix.  I have a tilted uterus so its impossible to tell if my cervix is being kicked from the inside, or if its being kicked from my uterus which hangs to the front of my cervix...I dont know why it creeps me out, but it does. 

I ended up talking to my husband about me seeking some therapy for my trust issues with my body.  Being pregnant is REALLY hard for me because it involves a lot of trusting your body- and my body let me down my first pregnancy, around 28 weeks.  I go into cycles of freaking myself out and actually giving myself contractions and false labor.  Im hoping to avoid that this time, but Im having a hard time managing by myself.

Dennie- if having a messy house is a crime somebody better come get my kids! HG is terrible, and leaves no room for doing dishes or taking out the garbage (smells? eugh).  Im so glad they dropped your case!

I already take a calmag supplement because I've found it's the only thing that helps with my restless legs.  I've gotten them my whole post-pubescent life, but they are much much worse with the pregnancy.

#17 of 107 Old 06-03-2011, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Ash, yep you and have have very close due dates... you're the 26th and I'm the 28th.  You can always check the first post to see where everyone is at!  smile.gif  I'm so sorry to hear how difficult pregnancy has been for you. I know a couple  of people that say how much they hate being pregnant, but love giving birth.  I fall into this category as well.  I'm so jealous of all the women that sail by without m/s or sciatica or anything.

Welcome KayPea, Ablemec and Becky!  I'll add you to the first post!  It's just a way for us all to see each other's due dates, maybe learn our first names, etc.  Mallory I noticed the spotlight threads in the other DDC's too.  Is there interest in this? I don't mind getting it going.  I was also thinking of a birth story thread for previous births.  Any interest in that?

Ablemec, I'm not sure  if this is something similar or not, but in both my previous pregnancies I experienced what I assume to be sciatica.  It's a stabbing, crippling pain that makes me gasp and fall or at least sit down quickly.  As far as I know there isn't much that can be done for except avoiding behaviors that cause/exacerbate it.  I got it much earlier in my second pregnancy though so far so good with this one.

Dennie, so glad the CPS situation is over!  I've hung out in the UC forum often  enough to have read quite a few CPS stories.  They always sound so ridiculous... finger prints on the fridge, stinky diaper pails, dishes in the sink...  Doesn't CPS have more import issues to deal with? irked.gif

Today has been another good day!!  Yay!!!  My allergies are going nuts, but I'll take that over nausea any day!

#18 of 107 Old 06-03-2011, 02:17 PM

I have tried to be listed before in may- please list me here! :)

November 29th, 3rd child, 3rd homebirth :)

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#19 of 107 Old 06-04-2011, 05:21 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry KaliShanti, didn't see a post from you in May!  You're added now!

#20 of 107 Old 06-04-2011, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

Welcome KayPea, Ablemec and Becky!  I'll add you to the first post!  It's just a way for us all to see each other's due dates, maybe learn our first names, etc.  Mallory I noticed the spotlight threads in the other DDC's too.  Is there interest in this? I don't mind getting it going.  I was also thinking of a birth story thread for previous births.  Any interest in that?

Thank you! It's a pleasure to be here in the presence of knowledgeable and free women!

#21 of 107 Old 06-04-2011, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

I've been so excited about feeling better these last two days that I'm starting to deviate from my normal eating schedule and the results were not good today.  This morning I had waffles with strawberries that we picked yesterday at a local farm instead of my normal egg/bagel sandwich. Not a good idea to skimp on the protein and then get in the car for an hour.  Blargh....  Must remind myself to take it slow!

#22 of 107 Old 06-04-2011, 04:53 PM

I measured myself today and I'm measuring between 16-17 weeks. I'm 14. So funny how it's different from my last pregnancies. :)

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#23 of 107 Old 06-04-2011, 05:53 PM

Jaimee - will you do me a favor and change my username in the first post? I was mahnamahna, I've changed my username to Code Name Mama. Thanks mama!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashley111 View Post

Thanks for starting the thread!  I feel like this board is very, very slow compared to others I have been on.  There doesn't seem to be as much back-and-forth. 

Awesome that you are starting to feel better!  If your ticker is right, we are about the same as far as due date- I have been feeling better some days, but always bad at night.  I will take it!  WAY better than 10 weeks for sure.

I'm starting some Floradix Iron today.  Ive been feeling really lethargic and over tired for no reason, Im thinking low iron since I consume nothing but crap food still.

I have also wondered why our DDC seems so slow - but I agree with whoever said that maybe it was just the first trimester blahs. I absolutely loved my DDC with Kieran, and I still keep in contact with several of the mamas through FB (even though we're not as active on the MDC forums now that our little ones are preschoolers). I hope to make similar connections with some of you all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EonJourney View Post

Thank you Jaimee for starting this thread again. I agree this board does seem slower compared to other due date clubs. Glad you both are feeling a bit better. I am too but I still have my super tired spells and feelings of I don't want to eat right now.

I wish it were 85F here too! I live in Montana and the temps have been hovering around 48 and super rainy most of the last month. In fact it even snowed here several inches a few days ago.

I am running and feeling good when I run but some days I feel more pelvic pressure then others.

My almost 3 yo is napping right now. I am going to miss these days when there is 3 hrs of peace and quiet. If anything I am a bit apprenhensive about caring for twins and giving the same attention to my 3 yo.

My next ob appt is Tuesday. Hopefully he wont try to scare me out of my vbac and unscheduled birth request. If he does, I am leaving him to find someone else.

Cheers

Brrrr! We've been spending the past month with my sister & her family in Orlando, and I LOVE it. I'm much more inclined to warm weather, and this month has been beautiful.
re: twins & a 3yo - I would be apprehensive too! Do you have the resources to hire (or trade for) a mother's helper for a few months after you give birth? I am really hoping to get a mother's helper for a bit, just so my preschooler has someone who is dedicated to playing and having fun with him.

Mal85 & Ablemec & dashley111 - No BH here, but I have had some strange pains - last night I leaned up to turn off a light and felt a stabbing pain in my right side, and I've also had a couple sharp pains in my cervical area. Ouch! I've been surprised *not* to have BH yet with all of the walking around (and the lugging of my 36lb preschooler) in Orlando.

Ablemec, definitely try to relax. I was a practicing atty the first time around, and you don't want to push yourself too hard!

dashley111 - I have a tilted uterus as well, I never thought about how it would be affected by kicking!
I hope you can work through some of your body issues. I had a very hard labor with Kieran, and I have quite a few birth issues to work out myself. I'm hoping that the simple fact that we're doing a homebirth, plus I'll have the same midwife the whole pregnancy (last time we moved when I was 6 months pg) will help out. I'm also going to try hypnobabies this time - have you looked into that?

Off to put the little one to bed - hope to chat with you all soon smile.gif

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
#24 of 107 Old 06-04-2011, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Gotcha Code Name Mamathumb.gif

#25 of 107 Old 06-04-2011, 07:05 PM

I've been getting BH contractions too - since 14 weeks or so. It freaked me out, but my midwives didn't seem to be bothered by it. Been doing lots of walking with DD (we don't have a car) so I'm not surprised. I had a scary episode of painful contractions too, on a day when I did too much. It's hard to find that balance when you have a toddler to entertain!

Jaimee - I would definitely be interested in a thread of previous birth stories. I don't know about anyone else, but I've been creeping the April/May/June DDC boards to read their stories. 

Crafty, play-at-home mama to spirited 4 yo DD and zany 1 yo DS, living in an ecovillage in beautiful British Columbia. 
#26 of 107 Old 06-05-2011, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayPea View Post

Jaimee - I would definitely be interested in a thread of previous birth stories. I don't know about anyone else, but I've been creeping the April/May/June DDC boards to read their stories. 

Just started a thread for birth stories!  I can't wait to read them!

#27 of 107 Old 06-05-2011, 09:37 AM

Code Name Mama- I have a friend that does hypno-birthing and swears by it.  She has offered me her CD's, but I haven't even begun to think about birth yet.  I have enough feelings about pregnancy to work through...birth is pretty far back in my mind.

Im going to ask my doc at my next appt how the tilted uterus could effect feeling kicks an cervical pain- my tilted uterus is something new for me, that happened after the birth of my daughter.  I definitely feel more sharp stabbing pain around my cervix this time.

#28 of 107 Old 06-05-2011, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EonJourney View Post

Cheers

Ugh!  Good  luck!  Do you have  any hb mw's in your area that have twin experience?

#29 of 107 Old 06-06-2011, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Ugh! Good luck! Do you have any hb mw's in your area that have twin experience?

My previous midwife is not allowed to help with twins. I plan to call around if my ob disappoints me again. My plan is to explore hiring a midwife for hospital support.

Code Name Mama- I really enjoy your blog.

By the way,  I ran over 2 hrs on mountain trails yesterday. It is strange- my pregnancy with DS was a lot tougher to exercise. I am sure that will change but for now I am cherishing the days I can still run and feel good on the running up and down mountains.

It is supposed to be 75F today!

42 year old runnerjog.gif, hiker. Mom to DS(6/28/08) smile.gifand married to my best friend. Cloth diaper and plan to homeschool. Love my life in the mountains. Identical twin boys born 11/3/11 selectivevax.gifgoorganic.jpgbfolderchild.gifnocirc.giffambedsingle2.gif

#30 of 107 Old 06-06-2011, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

OMG!  A toddler  refusing to nap and just sucking incessantly on my sore nipples.  Flick, flick, flick of the tongue, grabbing at my nose, kneading my breast with his finger nails that need cutting...  Dh's phone gets two texts just as his eyes started to shut.  Now he's awake for sure and I'll have to go through all of this again in about half an hour.  Rrrrrrrrrrrrr.... feeling very annoyed right now!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page