Serious kicking going on! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 06-12-2011, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just started feeling my first movement of baby number 1 about two weeks ago, and I can already see the little guy kicking from the outside and various family members have been able to feel our little guy beating me up from the inside :) Can anyone else SEE their baby moving from the outside? It's amazing. I just want to watch him move in there all day long. Too bad he takes so many naps after his little workout and won't just keep doing it. :(

I love, love, LOVE this! I can't help but get so excited when it happens! :) 

Morgan. Single mama to DS (10/27/11) fambedsingle1.gif bfinfant.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

www.facebook.com/gnomegrowncreations

#2 of 29 Old 06-12-2011, 10:39 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Awww! Favorite part of pregnancy :) My kicks are still pretty gentle, so no feeling them with hands or seeing them yet! It'll be fun to see dd's reaction. She's chompin at the bit to feel some baby kicks. She likes to feel my tummy and I've shown her how she can feel where my uterus is

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#3 of 29 Old 06-13-2011, 03:51 AM

can't feel anything from outside yet. Just gentle movements from the inside. Love the feelings, though. Just magic.

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#4 of 29 Old 06-13-2011, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

The sono tech the other day said that my boyfriend should definitely start to feel them soon, based on the fact that he was seriously just going at it when we were watching him play in there...  She was totally right too! I can't wait for the rest of you all to be able to watch your little ones too! I sat there for like an hour last night just watching and waiting. :) It really is magical!

Morgan. Single mama to DS (10/27/11) fambedsingle1.gif bfinfant.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

#5 of 29 Old 06-14-2011, 08:04 AM

I've been feeling movement for a while, but just recently I've been able to feel it from the outside. Not always, the baby has to really get going to be able to feel it. This kid also seems to be pretty stubborn, it'll get going really good and as soon as I put my hand on my belly to feel it, it stops moving! I haven't been able to see it from the outside yet though.

Movement is definitely my favorite part! I remember with my first, when I was close to the end, I could feel her stretch her legs out and wiggle her little toes all the way over far on my right side, almost in my back! It was so special and then to see her stretch out like that after she was born, knowing that's what I was feeling all the time.... I can't wait for that again!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#6 of 29 Old 06-14-2011, 10:08 AM

Mal, my baby does the same thing- wiggles all around then the second I put my hand on my belly it stops.

I felt movement for the first time on the outside last night.  It was very light, because I have some extra padding there, haha.  My DH cant wait to feel her move, its his favorite part of pregnancy.  He has been asking for weeks if he could feel her yet.

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#7 of 29 Old 06-14-2011, 08:01 PM

I have felt movement now and again, but as of now, it's like two time a week that I really feel it moving. I'm only 17 weeks 1 day so in about 2-3 weeks I can feel it more. I can't wait!

#8 of 29 Old 06-14-2011, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

This is me too.  I love tiny baby kicks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwannaBanRN View Post

I have felt movement now and again, but as of now, it's like two time a week that I really feel it moving. I'm only 17 weeks 1 day so in about 2-3 weeks I can feel it more. I can't wait!

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#9 of 29 Old 06-15-2011, 05:34 AM

I even dreamt about feeling it kick last night. lol I dreamt it stuck its foot out of my tummy a little bit and everyone saw and were clamoring to touch me. haha Crazy preggo dreams.

#10 of 29 Old 06-18-2011, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

I don't think he has stopped once this evening! Since about 6 PM onward (it's now 6 hours later!), I can consistently put my hand on my belly and feel him wiggling. Is this normal?!? I feel like he's working out in there... I'm not complaining at all though! I love, love, love feeling him move. joy.gif

#11 of 29 Old 06-19-2011, 06:12 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

That's a lot of movement, Meb2!  Usually my babies will have active times and down times, generally corresponding with when I'm relaxing/laying down and when I'm active.   I've never felt kicking for that long, but sometimes if I'm watching TV or drifting off to sleep it will seem like they are squirming around off and on for an hour or so.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#12 of 29 Old 06-29-2011, 11:20 AM

How does anyone get sleep while their baby is moving around so much at night?! This is my first pregnancy and I'm at 20 weeks. I'm such a light sleeper and now I'm starting to really struggle to get any uninterrupted sleep. sleeping.gifI couldn't make it into work today because I was an emotional wreck after tossing/turning all night and waking up feeling so stressed out. Help!

First came partners.gif then cat.gif then another cat.gif and then babygirl.gif (11/11)
#13 of 29 Old 06-29-2011, 12:59 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Sorry it kept you up BirdHappy... I remember that from my first pregnancy too.  I eventually got used to it, found other positions or walked around a bit to get her to go back to sleep, but I do recall being frustrated for a while.  With my second I was always so exhausted that it never kept me up.  Same with this one.  Nothing like a few years of sleep deprivation from babies and toddlers that wake up all the time to train your body to sleep when it can! 

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#14 of 29 Old 06-29-2011, 02:31 PM

Yay for kicking! I could see little bumps from the outside yesterday if I held still. I am 20 weeks tomorrow. Haven't been able to get my husband to feel kicks yet b/c they're usually not that strong.

I have one wonderful husband and one wonderful little toddler boy!
#15 of 29 Old 06-29-2011, 05:28 PM

:( What is up with MY baby not moving much anymore? I felt it alot more 5 weeks ago than I do now. I haven't felt it move for about a week now. The baby is fine, I think cuz the heart tones are normal, but why would it move alot a few weeks ago and not anymore now?

#16 of 29 Old 06-29-2011, 06:54 PM

It's probably because the baby moved into a different position.  Perhaps you're getting kicked in the back where you can't feel it as much? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwannaBanRN View Post

:( What is up with MY baby not moving much anymore? I felt it alot more 5 weeks ago than I do now. I haven't felt it move for about a week now. The baby is fine, I think cuz the heart tones are normal, but why would it move alot a few weeks ago and not anymore now?

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#17 of 29 Old 06-30-2011, 05:53 PM

I don't know. I brought up the decrease in movement to my fiance and he had his hand on my stomach at the time and then the baby rolled over and kicked hard. lol

#18 of 29 Old 07-01-2011, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meb2 View Post

I don't think he has stopped once this evening! Since about 6 PM onward (it's now 6 hours later!), I can consistently put my hand on my belly and feel him wiggling. Is this normal?!? I feel like he's working out in there... I'm not complaining at all though! I love, love, love feeling him move. joy.gif

I don't think it's common, but my first was like that.  Everyone told me he should sleep for a while and then wake up and kick.  I worried that he would never sleep once he was born, but it turned out that he just moves a lot in his sleep.  

This one moves at least half an hour out of every hour.  (S)he will sometimes nap for 45 minutes to an hour and then kick for 2 hours straight.  I can see it from the outside, but I only just took time to look.  My family has been able to feel kicks for a few weeks.

BirdHappy, The kicks don't keep me awake, but I'm not sleeping either.  I think it's fairly common. 

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#19 of 29 Old 07-01-2011, 12:28 PM

--

#20 of 29 Old 07-09-2011, 05:51 AM

I'm approaching 22 weeks and the baby's movements are starting to feel more like solid kicks than the fluttering I felt starting at 16 weeks. I really enjoyed feeling the movements when the baby felt a lot higher, but for some reason the baby feels so low now - and that's pretty much all the time! This is my first pregnancy so it's all new to me; I have no idea what's common or not. Anybody else feel that halfway through the pregnancy the baby is a lot lower? I think my midwife said the baby will raise up higher in the uterus as she grows. I have pubic pain and pretty bad RLP, so she's not exactly in the best location while that's going on! Ouch. But, it's still exciting. biggrinbounce.gif My husband felt her kick a tiny bit the other day. It was so faint, he said it just felt like gas bubbles. haha. I wish the men could feel what we feel inside! It's so neat!

First came partners.gif then cat.gif then another cat.gif and then babygirl.gif (11/11)
#21 of 29 Old 07-09-2011, 07:55 AM

This all sounds totally normal.  I mostly feel movement on my right side (I think my baby is transverse for now), but sometimes it's up and sometimes it's down.  Your baby probably rolled into a breech position for a while, so you're feeling the kicks down low.

I think the tiny little kicks are wonderful.  I think my DH would like THAT part, but seriously he couldn't hang with pelvic pain, sore hips, nausea etc for 9mo.  He'd die!  ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdhappy85 View Post

I'm approaching 22 weeks and the baby's movements are starting to feel more like solid kicks than the fluttering I felt starting at 16 weeks. I really enjoyed feeling the movements when the baby felt a lot higher, but for some reason the baby feels so low now - and that's pretty much all the time! This is my first pregnancy so it's all new to me; I have no idea what's common or not. Anybody else feel that halfway through the pregnancy the baby is a lot lower? I think my midwife said the baby will raise up higher in the uterus as she grows. I have pubic pain and pretty bad RLP, so she's not exactly in the best location while that's going on! Ouch. But, it's still exciting. biggrinbounce.gif My husband felt her kick a tiny bit the other day. It was so faint, he said it just felt like gas bubbles. haha. I wish the men could feel what we feel inside! It's so neat!

#22 of 29 Old 07-10-2011, 07:08 AM

--

#23 of 29 Old 07-10-2011, 05:28 PM

My DP still can't really feel our little RJ move. 22 weeks tomorrow. He felt him move the other day, but that's the only time. :(

#24 of 29 Old 07-16-2011, 08:49 AM

This is my 3rd pregnancy. I have been feeling the baby since about 10 weeks and family has been seeing and feeling baby since 19 weeks.

#25 of 29 Old 07-16-2011, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

I'm almost 25 weeks (monday) and DP can feel him move almost every night. We sleep so that his hand is on my stomach and he FREAKED out the other night when DS had a big stretch and the movement was very noticeable... Of course I had felt this several times before, but that was the first time that DP felt him move that much.

I am most shocked at how strong he is! He was weighing in at about 15 oz at 19 weeks when we had the ultrasound and the woman who was doing the ultrasound said that he has super long legs (my midwife was impressed as well by the length of them when we went last week and she was looking at the images)... But if I'm leaning forward and he starts to kick, I feel like he's about to break my lower ribs and several times I have been in pain from how hard he kicks / pushes / punches / shoves. I've begun to call him my little monster because that's how vicious he is.... Not that I mind while he's in utero though :)

#26 of 29 Old 07-20-2011, 12:26 PM

FINALLY! I'm 22 week and in the last week, I've been feeling some faint movement a few times a day. So today, when I felt him move some, I laid on my back and put the remote on my stomach and he made the remote dance on my stomach. LOL I had missed that. love.gif

#27 of 29 Old 07-24-2011, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

I honestly feel like this baby is a monster inside of me is trying to break my ribs... He's SOOOO strong. I haven't found anyone else that has experienced pain like this with their baby this early on... At 26 weeks tomorrow, I seriously can't imagine that I will make it the next 14 weeks without a broken rib (or 5)... I can lay on my back and just watch him punching and kicking around... Even DP is amazed at how hard he kicks when he gets to feel it... Anyone else experiencing this!!?!?!

#28 of 29 Old 07-25-2011, 04:01 AM

Wow, that's pretty dang strong! Nope, my little girl is a weakling at the moment! smile.gif (24 weeks along today) I hope in a few weeks I start seeing more of her movements! Hubby got to see a little bit one day but he doesn't have the attention span to sit around intently staring at my belly forever waiting for her to move again, so whenever he misses it, I think it discourages him. redface.gif But I'm optimistic he'll be able to feel her more now that she's finally traveling around my belly a little bit more and not camping out in my crotch, lol. I'm feeling movement on both sides again and up higher for once, yay!

#29 of 29 Old 07-25-2011, 08:20 AM

Birdyhappy85, that's how it is with my ex(who I'm living with at the moment). I know he would like to care more about this baby, but it's not his. I get him to watch my belly and feel and he says he missed doing that with our kids.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page