Spotlight Thread for IwannaBanRN (Becky) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 06-25-2011, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is the Spotlight Thread for IwannaBanRN (Becky)

IwannaBanRN, please copy the questions below into a new post and bold them.  Answer them as you feel comfortable, adding any extra information you'd like to share.

DDC members, please feel free to comment and add your own questions to keep the conversation going!

1.  How did you choose your screen name?

2.  Where do you live?  Where were you born?

3.  What is one of your favorite books?

4.  What is the most interesting place you have ever visited and why?

5.  What vehicle do you drive?  What vehicle do you wish you drove and why?

6.  What is your favorite holiday and why?

7.  As of now, what are you most looking forward to regarding this baby?

8.  What is your current job?  What did you do pre-motherhood?

9.  What is one thing you like to do in your free time?

10. What have been your most and least favorite things with TTC and this pregnancy so far?

We look forward to getting to know you better!  smile.gif

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#2 of 13 Old 06-25-2011, 02:46 PM

Do you have any pets at home?

Do you garden?

How has your diet and or cooking habbits changed in this pregnancy?

How would you describe your parenting style?

What do you like/dislike about the area you live in?

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#3 of 13 Old 06-25-2011, 03:28 PM

1.  How did you choose your screen name? Because I want to be a nurse. lol After this little one comes, I'm going to be starting my pre-requisites for nursing.

2.  Where do you live?  Where were you born? I live in Great Falls, MT. I moved here to be with my fiance. I was born in Missoula, MT.

3.  What is one of your favorite books? Dearly Devoted Dexter. Based off of the television show "Dexter". I love reading the book series.

4.  What is the most interesting place you have ever visited and why? I guess it would only be interesting if you believed in the paranormal, but the place I lived in before I moved to Great Falls had alot of goings on in it. I lived there for almost 2 years, and stuff would happen upstairs in the kids' rooms. The doors opened and shut by themselves, there was a mist in one of the pictures I took in my daughter's nursery, my son played with a man named "Tardo" and dreamt about him. This man had no arms and mostly no face. Just eyes. He saw a man walk by his bedroom door one night while on the phone with mom but everyone else was downstairs. That all was pretty interesting. I have only really been to Disneyland and didn't find it that interesting.

5.  What vehicle do you drive?  What vehicle do you wish you drove and why? I drive a red 93 Subaru. I wish I drove at least an '05 Subaru Outback. I love Subarus!

6.  What is your favorite holiday and why? Christmas. It just feels like such a warm holiday.

7.  As of now, what are you most looking forward to regarding this baby? I am looking forward to finding out the sex in the next weeks or two, and also looking forward to labor and delivery. :)

8.  What is your current job?  What did you do pre-motherhood? I'm a stay-at-home mother and loving partner. Pre-motherhood, I worked as a hostess at IHOP.

9.  What is one thing you like to do in your free time? I am such a forum rat! lol I spend some time on here and posting on Facebook groups. But I love playing with my kids and being outside when the weather is nice.

10. What have been your most and least favorite things with TTC and this pregnancy so far?  Well, TTC wasn't an option for us. lol I was literally living here for 3 weeks when I got pregnant. But I had fun when it so happened that I became pregnant. We were okay with it, though, because we talked about TTC in a year from now. I had been on birth control(the patch. DO NOT use the Ortho Evra patch! I got pregnant twice on it now) My least favorite thing has been the pelvic pain and the weight gain.

#4 of 13 Old 06-25-2011, 03:35 PM

Do you have any pets at home? No pets. I want a dog, though.

Do you garden? WISHING I could have started a garden this year. Things have been so hectic. Next year.

How has your diet and or cooking habbits changed in this pregnancy? I have noticed that I have been drinking alot more cool liquids. Cooking habits have been the same. Thank goodness I haven't been more hungry.

How would you describe your parenting style? I feed on demand and am not against spanking as last resort for discipline. I plan on sending my children to school. Not sure what you would call my parenting style. lol Just whatever is needed at the time is done.

What do you like/dislike about the area you live in? I love where I live, except the winters are so cold, and in the early spring, it just looks dirty and depressing. It beautiful right now, though.

#5 of 13 Old 06-25-2011, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

I'm too afraid to watch Dexter!  What is it that you love about it?

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#6 of 13 Old 06-25-2011, 05:48 PM

Oh! Good question. I think I relate to the fact that he feels so damaged as a human that he doesn't like to feel like a human. No emotions, no worries, except getting caught. And most of us have what he calls The Dark Passenger. A vigilante side of humanity. You know how you have seen cases where a parent kills their child or someone gets beaten and raped or molested and it just makes your blood boil, and you almost wish harm on them? This is what Dexter is about, only he takes it a step further and gives those people that justice. I like that. Justice without the politics.

#7 of 13 Old 06-26-2011, 05:29 AM - Thread Starter

I've just gotten so sensitive since becoming a mother that I cannot handle the violent movies and shows I used to watch.  It's sort of odd. Dh makes fun of me.

So here's another question... what draws you to nursing?  At one point I did consider becoming a naturopathic doctor and several people have told me I should be a midwife, BUT then I think of all things I disagree with regarding the medical profession and medicine in general that I know I couldn't handle it.   We do need more great nurses in this country!

#8 of 13 Old 06-26-2011, 04:28 PM

When I was 18 and working in medical records for a heart and lung clinic, I saw how caring, empathetic and compassionate the nurses were with the patients and I totally saw myself doing that. I love helping people & I find the human body fascinating. I want to be one of the few nurses that actually relax the patients, instead of putting them in an even more sour mood. The patient does not want to be there anyway, and a nurses job is to help them cope with that as well. I have been pondering going into midwifery after nursing, but I don't know of any midwifery schools here in Montana.

#9 of 13 Old 06-27-2011, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

My DH and I tried to watch Dexter...  HE is the one that has gotten more sensitive after becoming a parent.  Needless-to-say, we only watched about 5 episodes before he called it off, it was keeping him up at night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

I've just gotten so sensitive since becoming a mother that I cannot handle the violent movies and shows I used to watch.  It's sort of odd. Dh makes fun of me.

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#10 of 13 Old 06-27-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraisme View Post

My DH and I tried to watch Dexter...  HE is the one that has gotten more sensitive after becoming a parent.  Needless-to-say, we only watched about 5 episodes before he called it off, it was keeping him up at night!

We love Dexter here! I didn't start watching it until after I'd had DD, but it hasn't really gotten to me too much. The season finale of Season 4 was pretty disturbing. That was the only time it got to me just because the end of the episode was something pretty traumatic with Dexter's son there. I kept watching though, I love it!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#11 of 13 Old 06-28-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal85 View Post

We love Dexter here! I didn't start watching it until after I'd had DD, but it hasn't really gotten to me too much. The season finale of Season 4 was pretty disturbing. That was the only time it got to me just because the end of the episode was something pretty traumatic with Dexter's son there. I kept watching though, I love it!

THIS! When I watched the end of season four, I was bawling cuz Casey was around the same age as Dexter's little boy, and I had been with my ex when I watched it. He says "Why are you crying? You hated Rita." I answered ya but that poor little baby! And continued to cry. lol Wow. I still watch and can't wait for another season to start. Woot!

#12 of 13 Old 07-02-2011, 12:26 PM

Do you like any outdoor activities? If so what?

Where is your dream vacation?

What's your favorite season? Why?

Who (real, fictional) has been most influential on you has a parent?

Any weird phobias?

What are your wishes for this labor and birth?

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#13 of 13 Old 07-02-2011, 03:47 PM

Do you like any outdoor activities? If so what?

I LOVE camping, swimming, hiking, running, fishing and hunting.

Where is your dream vacation?

Anywhere that is warm, sunny with ocean and a sandy beach. :)

What's your favorite season? Why?

My favorite season is fall. I love that everything is turning different colors and around here in early fall, it gets kinda crisp but stays sunny. I love it!

Who (real, fictional) has been most influential on you has a parent?

I would have to say my mom and her ex were most influential. My mom taught me about honesty and the importance of respecting my body, and her ex taught me to work hard for the things that I want. Because of that influence, I know I'm a better parent. My kids will not have anything handed to them ever. They will work hard for an allowance, they will learn to respect their bodies, their elders and any partners that they have in the future. Wether they use those tools is up to them, but I will be passing those life lessons to them.

Any weird phobias?

I do not like taking a shower or blow drying my hair unless someone else is in the house. I always feel like I'm being watched if someone else isn't there with me.

What are your wishes for this labor and birth? 

I am really hoping for an uncomplicated, unassisted at home labor and delivery.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page