The ONE Thread- July chit chat - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 78 Old 07-01-2011, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome to the November DDC ONE Thread

The one thread is a place to chit chat, share your fears, happiness, sadness, and so forth and so on.

To be added to the list, please tell me in bold your screen name, first name, due date, what number baby it is, and anything else you'd like to add.

End of October

Hykue-  Julie, 30, 10/30, Tried for 7 months or so, with an early loss in September of last year

Early November

meb2-Morgan, 11/1 with #1

nmouse- 31, 11/2, it's my first child, I got pregnant after ramping up my BBT/OPK charting and taking various supplements plus progesterone cream.

BubbaGirl- Due 11/3.

herbmama3-7- Holly, 11/4.

Ratchet- I'm 30.  11/4

Lillysweets- Candace, 36, 11/4, expecting my 3rd

Summersquash- age 32, 11/5, pregnant with #2

ExpectantMama19- Krystal, 19, 11/5, my fiancé and I tried for 4 months with brokenheart.gif, followed by depression and tears on my part. Then when we decided that maybe it would be better to wait, the test came up positive!  This will be our first.

Mal85- Mallory: 11/6, Tried for 6 months before getting our BFP

cece- Christina, 11/6, #2

Abelmec- 31, 11/7 with #1

Seraf- 11/8, Expecting my third, I got lucky on my 4th try with frozen donor semen.  DP is also TTC now.

Paigekitten- Katie, 11/8, expecting our third baby

KayPea- 11/8, #2. We tried for 9 months (while still BFing DD)

TalkToMeNow- Amanda, 11/9, our fourth child but my third pregnancy.

Amberfawn- 11/9 with #1

2011Mama- 11/9, it's our first baby and we tried for 9 months (the last two were with a RE for PCOS).

Mid November

heket- 36, 11/8-12, This will be our third child and a total oops.

marybright1- 11/12, This will be our fourth kid, third pregnancy. I'm hoping for a HBAC.

TTCChloeOrConner- Nicole. 23. 11/12, TTC for 16 months naturally before getting my miracle BFP Stick, baby, stick!!!

Sothisislove- 11/12, pregnancy #5 (2 early m/cs), baby #3.  Planning another home water birth.  Tandem nursing!  DS is 4, DD is 19 mo.

AprilGlynn- 11/13, lost our son in October to SIDS and got pregnant on our first try with this baby

Miranda- 11/14, this is our fourth child.

anthiat123- Thia, 11/14, I will be just about 35 when newbie comes (bday Nov 10). Bfp after 2 months and 1 loss

Motivated Mama- Nina, mid November with #4

ajbaby- 11/16. This is baby # 2, we tried for three months.

Apmama210- Ang, 11/16

Carrieb26- Carrie, 11/16, #3, planning a home birth

MommaFlanders- Teresa, 11/17-Excited, nervous, anxious!

Jbk21- 11/16-19th with second child.  A little bit of an unexpected pregnancy, though we were discussing having #2.

Late November

Rachel88- Rachel – 29, 11/20, One loss and one year of TTC #1. Praying for a sticky baby this time!

Cillian- 11/20

terrainthailand- Terra, 30, 11/21

abraisme- Abra.  11/21, We were ttc for about 6mo, but my cycle had been off because of breastfeeding.  This will be baby #3 for us.

Gemimi13- Dyanna, 35, 11/21, got my BFP our first month of TTC.  It's our first baby! 

IwannaBanRN-Becky- 21, 11/21. #3, fifth pregnancy. This one was unplanned and I was on birth control. We are excited, nonetheless. :) 

mcacat- 11/22 with baby #2

crazykittymomma- Sarah, 11/23 with my second after 11 months of TTC with no PPAF due to extended breastfeeding.

mamabelle- 11/23, #2

albafan15- Alex, 11/23 with #1

howdeepistheocean- Kristie, 11/24, #4, Planned...we tried for 1 cycle and got the BFP.

sunshinemoma- Lindsey- 11/24, #2  After hoping for 6 months

ZoeJane'sMommy- 11/25, We tried for 11 months using clomid and progesterone. Our second child and pregnancy.

gardengrrrl- Em, 34, 11/25, 2 months TTC.  This is our first pregnancy and we are beyond happy!

Maria, 35, 11/25 with TWINS! after two losses (2/06 and 9/10) and 4 months of TTC in between our last loss and this pregnancy.

justamama- Dennie, late November with #4

dashley111- Ash, 11/26.

Code Name Mama- Dionna, 11/26, TTC for 18mos+; this will be our second baby.

EonJourney- 41, 11/27 with identical twins

miriam_bat_avraham-Julie, age 28, 11/28 with twins after 27 months of trying & 6 months of fertility treatments.

Jaimee,  31, 11/28, #3 and an oops! baby

Shane- 11/29

smallbrit- Emily, 11/29, #3

KaliShanti-Kali, 11/29, #3, 3rd homebirth :)

mama2mmj- Ashley 11/30, this is baby #4 and was a big surprise :)

hug.gif In Our Thoughts hug.gif

hildare

Sommer

purplefish

angelashn

Shannon

nearlyelated

marnica

DevaMajka

Xerxella

nj's_mom

Shauna

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#2 of 78 Old 07-01-2011, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Wow!  Can you all believe it's July?!  Time is flying by now!  How are you lovely ladies all doing today?  love.gif

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#3 of 78 Old 07-01-2011, 01:05 PM

It's SUNNY today!!!!!!!!!broc1.gif

I love Edward and we love our Libby (8/07) waterbirth.jpg and 'Nana' (05/09 )h20homebirth.gif and Eowyn (11/11) waterbirth.jpg  We are having a blast bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifcd.gif and homeschool.gif.

#4 of 78 Old 07-01-2011, 01:27 PM

I'm...surviving, lol! It's so hot. Another heat index of 105 or so today. All 3 kids have chickenpox, so we're having a pox party tomorrow. So far the only person that's responded I've never met, lol! So I'm cleaning up anyway.

The pox ruined my girls (the big ones anyway) going on vacation with my mom and getting a puppy while they were visiting family. Plus my mom's vacation time changed (increased) last minute and she was going to be gone 11 days and in NV (2 days away) versus OK (8 hrs away). And with her husband's family who I don't know instead of her family who I've known since I was born. So no vacation. But we still wanted to get them a puppy. Yesterday we were in the van for 8.5 hrs (with one bathroom/smoothie break) to get a puppy and get back home. But we're all in love, so I guess it was worth it. My legs and neck are just killing me today! DH worked so it was just me driving. *yawn*

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#5 of 78 Old 07-01-2011, 01:52 PM

Pox party!  I wish I lived close!  Haha.  Want to send a crusty T-shirt my way?  I'm desperate to get my kids pox- my son is 8 and I know he is fast approaching that age where pox starts to get horrendous.

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#6 of 78 Old 07-01-2011, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Wow!  Sympathies and congrats on the chicken pox!   We still have yet to cross that bridge.  Bummer about the vacation!  Sorry!

I'm being a single parent for a few days, which is always challenging.   Dh is in IL looking for a rental house for us.  Crossing my fingers a suitable one can be found!  Who knew it would be so hard to find a rental house in good condition with a fenced back yard?!  Argh.

#7 of 78 Old 07-01-2011, 04:19 PM

Loving wearing clothes. I feel so much better about myself when I don't have to look at my body.

#8 of 78 Old 07-01-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashley111 View Post

Pox party!  I wish I lived close!  Haha.  Want to send a crusty T-shirt my way?  I'm desperate to get my kids pox- my son is 8 and I know he is fast approaching that age where pox starts to get horrendous.

I know! I waited and waited... never did find anyone to share with us. Oh well!

Dennie, what kind of dog did you get? We want a golden retriever, but not right now. Soon, hopefully!  Oh, you should post cute pictures!!

Jaimee, I feel you on the rental thing. We are trying to find a house to rent right now. We can lease starting Aug 1. People do not want to talk to you if you don't want to move in tomorrow! It's crazy. Aug 1 is one month away. Sigh.

AFM, I'm 21 weeks, 2 days. Had my ultrasound today and Jasper is a big, healthy boy. That was great to find out. He kicks all the time now. I love it!!

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#9 of 78 Old 07-01-2011, 06:52 PM

Amanda- We got a mini dachshund. We have a 10 year old one already, and I've owned at least one for each of the last 23 years. I am kind of dachshund obsessed.

P1018736.JPG

DD2 and the puppy. This is day 3 of her pox and her forehead and back are the worst areas. DD3 has it all over her face, in her hair, ears, and on her eyelids. :( Day 2 for DD1 and DD3...so we're looking at another 3 or so days before everybody starts to feel better. DD1 has lots of pox but it barely affects her...kid has an immune system of STEEL. We were unsure whether or not she would get them at all!

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#10 of 78 Old 07-02-2011, 09:33 AM

Now Im jealous of the pox AND the cute little puppy.

#11 of 78 Old 07-04-2011, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Happy 4th of July!  What is everyone doing with the holiday?  So far we've been to the local town parade, which was hot and exhausting.  Later we'll go see the local fireworks.

#12 of 78 Old 07-04-2011, 01:48 PM

We are just resting at home. The kids are just getting into the non-contagious part of the pox. And I am exhausted and on day 3 of a migraine, which is coming and going now. I can go from fine to barely moving from pain in a few seconds. We took a walk around the lake last night with DH and the dogs and got to see some fireworks.

#13 of 78 Old 07-04-2011, 04:30 PM

Ugh, I hate migraines. I have one right now. I just begged my husband to come home early if he could, which means it must be bad. greensad.gif And we're all out of milk, which means I have to try and choke down leftover coffee room temperature and black. Coffee is my most reliable remedy for migraines. 

But it's finally summery weather around here! We spent the morning at the park and it was lovely. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamama View Post

We are just resting at home. The kids are just getting into the non-contagious part of the pox. And I am exhausted and on day 3 of a migraine, which is coming and going now. I can go from fine to barely moving from pain in a few seconds. We took a walk around the lake last night with DH and the dogs and got to see some fireworks.

Crafty, play-at-home mama to spirited 4 yo DD and zany 1 yo DS, living in an ecovillage in beautiful British Columbia. 
#14 of 78 Old 07-05-2011, 08:25 AM

Oh pregnancy migraines are the worst :( No motrin, no too-hot shower...when your pregnant you kind of just have to suck it up.  Hope you girls can find a cure soon.  Mine usually peak about 3 days in and start to lessen.

So on Wednesday I have my level 2 ultrasound.  It was supposed to be thursday- so my husband took thursday off, then they switched it and now he cant get Wednesday off.   I was told the gender at 15 weeks, and I'm hoping that tomorrow Betty has not turned into a boy, haha.  I just had the strangest feeling when they told me it was a girl- not wishful thinking or anything, just a feeling like it wasn't right.  Could have totally been me psyching myself out, but I will feel better when we see again for sure!

#15 of 78 Old 07-06-2011, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

The family drama is starting again.  Why do I have to have babies around holidays?!  So my in-laws are Jewish (though dh is not) and they celebrate Hannukah.  My family is Catholic (though I am not) so they celebrate Christmas.  Last year and the year before my family came for Christmas (and for the birth of my son, too).  My in-laws would have come for Thanksgiving the past 2 years but instead came just after the birth and last year came in October for dh's 30th b-day.  Okay so this year I don't want any one coming for Thanksgiving because it's so close to the birth.  My parents want to come for Christmas.  I told them okay b/c I figured that would be fine.  Apparently b/c my in-laws missed out on a holiday visit the last 2 years and b/c of my no Thanksgiving rule this year they want to come for Christmas too!  What?! 

Now I'm stuck!  Dh is mad I told my parents they could come for Christmas without checking with him about his parents first.  My in-laws are mad that my parents seem to just do whatever they want.  And I'm mad b/c dh is trying to convince me that it would be okay to have his parents come for Thanksgiving (instead of Christmas) despite the proximity to my due date b/c it would be nice to have help.  He says they could watch the kids and would go to a hotel with them during the birth.  Some of you may have read my saga in a previous thread about what happened with my last birth and I promised myself I would NOT make any decisions about family or who was going to be in my house during the birth until I was much further along in the pregnancy.  I do not want to agree to this!   I'm just so frustrated with the fact that they can't all put their feelings aside and realize I'm having a freaking baby and they can come for a freaking holiday next year.  What's wrong with coming a week or so after the birth?  Why can't family do what is most helpful to us?

I'm just so...  irked.gif

#16 of 78 Old 07-06-2011, 02:16 PM

Ugh, family drama. No fun. I know with many families it wouldn't fly, but last year we couldn't afford to go home for Christmas, so we went in January instead, when flights were cheaper. We just had Christmas in January, which was actually kind of fun. It's too bad Hanukkah is right at Christmas this year. You could celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving in October! winky.gif Or Chinese New Year in February. Sometimes it's nice to invent a holiday too. Also, since Chanukkah isn't actually a major Jewish holiday, maybe your in-laws would like to come and spend Passover with your family at the beginning of April. That way the baby would be a bit older, and more interactive. But I suppose if you had a flexible, open-minded family that might be into compromises like this, you'd have far less drama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

The family drama is starting again.  Why do I have to have babies around holidays?!  So my in-laws are Jewish (though dh is not) and they celebrate Hannukah.  My family is Catholic (though I am not) so they celebrate Christmas.  Last year and the year before my family came for Christmas (and for the birth of my son, too).  My in-laws would have come for Thanksgiving the past 2 years but instead came just after the birth and last year came in October for dh's 30th b-day.  Okay so this year I don't want any one coming for Thanksgiving because it's so close to the birth.  My parents want to come for Christmas.  I told them okay b/c I figured that would be fine.  Apparently b/c my in-laws missed out on a holiday visit the last 2 years and b/c of my no Thanksgiving rule this year they want to come for Christmas too!  What?! 

Now I'm stuck!  Dh is mad I told my parents they could come for Christmas without checking with him about his parents first.  My in-laws are mad that my parents seem to just do whatever they want.  And I'm mad b/c dh is trying to convince me that it would be okay to have his parents come for Thanksgiving (instead of Christmas) despite the proximity to my due date b/c it would be nice to have help.  He says they could watch the kids and would go to a hotel with them during the birth.  Some of you may have read my saga in a previous thread about what happened with my last birth and I promised myself I would NOT make any decisions about family or who was going to be in my house during the birth until I was much further along in the pregnancy.  I do not want to agree to this!   I'm just so frustrated with the fact that they can't all put their feelings aside and realize I'm having a freaking baby and they can come for a freaking holiday next year.  What's wrong with coming a week or so after the birth?  Why can't family do what is most helpful to us?

I'm just so...  irked.gif

Crafty, play-at-home mama to spirited 4 yo DD and zany 1 yo DS, living in an ecovillage in beautiful British Columbia. 
#17 of 78 Old 07-06-2011, 08:23 PM

Ok, so why can't your parents come for xmas Dec 22nd through the 25th, then your inlaws come the 26th through the 28th. That way they would BOTH be visiting, and they would see all of you for the same amount of time. Complete fairness AND your inlaws wouldnt have to be there while you were celebrating Christmas, since they are Jewish.

#18 of 78 Old 07-07-2011, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Oh you know... b/c my parents decided on coming on the 26th and will most likely not be flexible (I know... not even on the actual day of Christmas!).  I have to keep mulling over the Thanksgiving compromise.  I mean if my in-laws are truly willing to get up in the middle of the night and go to a hotel... well, it's something to think about. Having help right away the next day is definitely appealing.  I'm just afraid I'm being easily swayed now and that I'll feel differently once we move and I'm farther along.

#19 of 78 Old 07-09-2011, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Headed to the ocean tomorrow!!!  So excited!

4889530878_0db8441689_z.jpg

Avalon at Ocean City, MD last year.  I can't wait to see how much fun Austin will have this time...  he wasn't even crawling last time.

#20 of 78 Old 07-09-2011, 03:31 PM

You lucky dog! I haven't seen the ocean in 8 years! bawling.gif

#21 of 78 Old 07-09-2011, 03:39 PM

Have fun Jaimee!  We just went 2 weeks ago-  its so amazing and relaxing.  It was nice to have family time in a place with no cell phone reception and no distractions. 

#22 of 78 Old 07-09-2011, 03:48 PM

Have fun!!!

I am bored, waiting for hubby and the big girls to get home. He is fixing a friend's brakes to fund the camera lens I wanted for my birthday present. :D I usually do nothing for my birthday, and so this was a nice surprise on his part. But the little one is napping and I'm going nuts. Waiting for diapers to finish washing and then for them to get home. I want to get Auntie Anne's if we have enough...yum!

#23 of 78 Old 07-10-2011, 11:01 AM

Jaimee, we always have huge family drama around the holidays too.  One year I even said NO family is coming for Christmas, nor will we be visiting anyone from November-January.  It didn't go over well, but it was the nicest holiday season I've had since getting married!

I love Edward and we love our Libby (8/07) waterbirth.jpg and 'Nana' (05/09 )h20homebirth.gif and Eowyn (11/11) waterbirth.jpg  We are having a blast bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifcd.gif and homeschool.gif.

#24 of 78 Old 07-11-2011, 07:34 PM

Whewwwie. July has been so busy for me thus far. :( My parents were here for over a week, and my other sister came down for a few days which was really nice, but also hectic and busy, busy, BUSY. I also somehow ended up with a sinus infection yesterday, so today has been miserable. I can't stop blowing my nose and I tried netty potting, but I don't like that sensation. :( 

Dennie - How's the chicken pox going? Your puppy is PRECIOUS. :( I want a little teeny tiny puppy. :(

Jaimee - I'm so envious of your beach trip :( And sympathetic about your family drama. :( 

Morgan. Single mama to DS (10/27/11) fambedsingle1.gif bfinfant.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

www.facebook.com/gnomegrowncreations

#25 of 78 Old 07-12-2011, 03:32 PM

Only another pregnant woman could understand this-

There is a smell in my living room.  Nobody can smell it but me.  I have cleaned everything and it hasnt gone away.  I even bleached my floors! 

...I cant even go in there.  Its making me sick.

#26 of 78 Old 07-12-2011, 04:27 PM

Ash, I feel ya. lol I can smell a BBQ from a mile away. The other day, I smelled BBQ, got to the stop light 12 blocks away and sure enough! lol Luckily, there's no bad odor here. One day I smelled something that no one else could and it ended up being my breath. LOL

#27 of 78 Old 07-12-2011, 06:57 PM

For some reason, I smell rotten eggs when I use our shower. DH says he doesn't smell it and it's not a strong odor of rotten eggs, but I certainly smell it. Also? I can walk into a room a good half hour after DH has farted in there and still smell it. 

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#28 of 78 Old 07-13-2011, 08:57 AM

Isn't it IRRITATING?  The smell has lessened today- but my husband, kids, and cousins were all in the living room and didn't smell a thing! 

Mallory- do you have a well or city water?  Sometimes when you have a well, the smell of rotten eggs comes up for some reason....a mineral needing to be added or something...I dont remember, but it happened to us once.

#29 of 78 Old 07-13-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashley111 View Post

Isn't it IRRITATING?  The smell has lessened today- but my husband, kids, and cousins were all in the living room and didn't smell a thing! 

Mallory- do you have a well or city water?  Sometimes when you have a well, the smell of rotten eggs comes up for some reason....a mineral needing to be added or something...I dont remember, but it happened to us once.

We don't have well water, but DH recently messed with the drain in the shower. It had been leaking underneath the shower floor and he fixed it, I've smelled it ever since. I'm the only one in the house that smells it though. 

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#30 of 78 Old 07-13-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal85 View Post

We don't have well water, but DH recently messed with the drain in the shower. It had been leaking underneath the shower floor and he fixed it, I've smelled it ever since. I'm the only one in the house that smells it though. 

Oh my gosh YES.  We had a clog in the shower drain, only our washing machine ran to the same spot and I had been washing cloth diapers.  The contractor who helped us fix it said to just let all the water soak into the dirt in the crawl space, but um, yeah, my pregnant nose was miserable for like a month!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page