Spotlight on Tank - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-06-2011, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is the Spotlight Thread for Tank

Tank, please copy the questions below into a new post and bold them.  Answer them as you feel comfortable, adding any extra information you'd like to share.

DDC members, please feel free to comment and add your own questions to keep the conversation going!

1.  What is your first name?

2.  How did you choose your screen name?

3.  Where do you live?  Where were you born?

4.  What is one of your favorite books?

5.  What are your plans for the birth?

6.  Do you have any pets?

7.  Describe your dream vacation:

8.  What is your current job?  What did you do pre-motherhood?

9.  What are a few things you like to do in your free time?

10. What is one thing you are looking forward to doing differently with this baby?  What is one thing you want to do the same?

We look forward to getting to know you better!  smile.gif

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#2 of 9 Old 07-06-2011, 04:12 PM

1.  What is your first name? heidi

2.  How did you choose your screen name?   It all started when I was a preteen and obcessed with the comic book tank girl.  I then just became infatuated with tanks and when I started my art career painted tanks and my paintings all had tank imagiry in them.  People have been calling me tank girl ever since the movie came out too so it has just developed into my online name.

3.  Where do you live?  Where were you born? I live in western north carolina and I grew up in new hampshire

4.  What is one of your favorite books?  I love anything by bukowski.  I love his drunken ramblings.  I actually don't read much nonfiction.  I am the type of person who gets into something and really gets into it and reads all about it.  My other favorite books right now have to do with veganism and having babies.

5.  What are your plans for the birth?  I am going to have an all natural midwife assisted hospital birth if all goes as planned.  I always thought I would want a home birth and in fact did tons of research on homebirths while TTC.  Once I was actually pregnant I realised that I wasn't completely comfortable in my home (it's rented and a lot of the furnature belongs to my landlord,) and I am also not comfortable having a lot of people in my house.  I am sort of a private person.  I would probably get really anxious if I gave birth in my house so upon meeting my midwives I realised that the hospital around here is very natural birth friendly and that it would be my most comfortable option.  I also am very interested in having a water birth and there is many water birth rooms in the hospital as well.

6.  Do you have any pets? Yep.  I have 2 dogs Lucy (my avatar) a 3 year old american pit bull terrier whom I have had since a pup.  We are very in tune with each other.  Jake a 3 year old black in color blue heeler/ bully breed mix whom I adopted last summer who is a super cool chill dog.

7.  Describe your dream vacation: I have always wanted to spend time in the jungle.  I don't know where but somewhere hot and with places to explore and swim.

8.  What is your current job?  What did you do pre-motherhood?  I am a dog groomer.  I will hopefully continue to be once this babe is born but I don't have a definate plan on what I will do once that happens.  I absolutely LOVE my job.  I never thought I would.  I worked in a pet store for a long time taking care of the small animals and there was a grooming salon in the store.  I always helped the ladies out when they needed it but never thought it would be the career for me.  I didn't realise it until I got a job as a receptionist at a grooming salon and saw all that it was and wanted to learn.  I am still learning a few of the breed cuts but I caught on pretty quick and love spending my work day surrounded by dogs.  I also get to bring my 2 dogs to work with me everyday and they have their little beds in my room and just love it.

9.  What are a few things you like to do in your free time? I like to educate myself in the things I am interested in.  I knit.  I hike.  I swim. I teach my dogs new tricks. But lately I have just been sitting on the couch on the internet snuggling with my dogs.

10. What is one thing you are looking forward to doing differently with this baby?  What is one thing you want to do the same? This is my first so I can't really answer that question.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#3 of 9 Old 07-06-2011, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Oops!  I misread your siggy and thought you had a LO already!  LOL!  How about this one instead:

What is one thing you are looking forward to with your first child and one thing you still feel unprepared for?

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#4 of 9 Old 07-06-2011, 05:29 PM

I am really looking forward to breastfeeding.  How cool is it that i will be able to feed someone for free!

I am totally unprepared for all my money being gone due to working less and always needing but mostly wanting to buy stuff for baby.  Uncertinty in money situations makes me so nervous.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#5 of 9 Old 07-07-2011, 05:27 PM

anyone else?  I'll answer any question.

#6 of 9 Old 07-08-2011, 08:30 AM

What is your favorite part of being pregnant? Least favorite? 

How old are you? Did you go to college? If so, what did you study?

What is your favorite type(s) of music/ musicians?

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#7 of 9 Old 07-08-2011, 02:59 PM

What is your favorite part of being pregnant? Least favorite? My favorite part is feeling my little guy move around. I really feel connected to him and really grateful to have him with me every step I take right now.  I also really like having a belly.  I love preggo bellies.  My least favorite is the back pain I have been experiencing.  It is a combination of being pregnant and having to bend a lot during work.  I am having to go to the chiropracter 2 times a week for the past few months.  It helps but sometimes there is nothing I can do apart from not working that will help it.

How old are you? Did you go to college? If so, what did you study?  I am 29.  I have my BFA.  I studied art.  I took a lot of printmaking classes because I am obcessed with technique.  I ended up painting for my final year though and majored in fine arts.  I went to an art school so I didn't have to take a huge variety of classes.  The only ones that weren't specifically art classes where you created something were english classes, art history and only one science class.  I really miss being in college. I wish I could afford to stay in school forever. 

What is your favorite type(s) of music/ musicians?   I am a metal headI   I am a metal head.  I like all types of music though. My favorite musician isn't even metal (Tom Waits.)

#8 of 9 Old 07-08-2011, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry about the back pain... have you tried a maternity support belt?

#9 of 9 Old 07-08-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post

What is your favorite part of being pregnant? Least favorite? My favorite part is feeling my little guy move around. I really feel connected to him and really grateful to have him with me every step I take right now.  I also really like having a belly.  I love preggo bellies.  My least favorite is the back pain I have been experiencing.  It is a combination of being pregnant and having to bend a lot during work.  I am having to go to the chiropracter 2 times a week for the past few months.  It helps but sometimes there is nothing I can do apart from not working that will help it.

How old are you? Did you go to college? If so, what did you study?  I am 29.  I have my BFA.  I studied art.  I took a lot of printmaking classes because I am obcessed with technique.  I ended up painting for my final year though and majored in fine arts.  I went to an art school so I didn't have to take a huge variety of classes.  The only ones that weren't specifically art classes where you created something were english classes, art history and only one science class.  I really miss being in college. I wish I could afford to stay in school forever. 

What is your favorite type(s) of music/ musicians?   I am a metal headI   I am a metal head.  I like all types of music though. My favorite musician isn't even metal (Tom Waits.)

I love Tom Waits! No metal for me, though! I was a bather at one of those fancy dog places when I was pg with dd1. I remember lifting dogs into the tub over and over again. Hard work. Funny, though... I don't think my back hurt then as much as it does this time! I'm blaming that on being 21 at the time. I think it's all pretty easy when you're 21! winky.gif

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page