What prenatal vitamins are you taking? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-07-2011, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm taking this liquid stuff I've taken forever, I can never remember the name of it, Source of Life, or Nature's something, it's green, in a yellow bottle from the health food store.  I like it because it's not a pill, and my experience with prenatals in pill form is that they're frickin' enormous.  I gag anytime I take them. 

My issue with my liquid one is the sugar in it.  Nine grams per serving.  It's not a whole lot, but if you're watching your sugars/carbs, I guess I'd rather have 9g of sugar in an ice cream cone than my prenatal, ya know?

I'd just like to hear suggestions/experience.  Maybe there's something on the market that I don't know about?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2011, 05:55 PM

I'm taking the same brand, but their pills. They're huge, and the dose is two a day, not just one. But once I got over the morning sickness, they haven't been so bad.

I didn't even know you could get prenatals in a liquid form - I wish I'd known that during morning sickness every time! Although I agree with you on the sugar, that kind of stinks.

Mom to blahblah.gifDD (5/07), diaper.gifDS1 (02/10)h20homebirth.gif and babyboy.gif DS2 (11/11)h20homebirth.gif !

Old 07-07-2011, 06:39 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Rainbow Light one a day prenatals.  They aren't much bigger than a normal multi vitamin and  they don't taste as bad IMO.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Old 07-07-2011, 08:52 PM

I'm also on the Rainbow Light one-a-days. I really like them. 

Old 07-07-2011, 09:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I take the Garden of Life Vitamin Code raw prenatals.  You take 3 a day so each pill isn't too big.  I also take vegan omegas.  I'm really happy with them!  Highly recommended for sure.

Katie, married to my beloved Paddy

Catherine Anne "KJ" born November 10th, 2011

Old 07-08-2011, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

I knew aboutt he Rainbow Light vitamins.  Never heard of the Garden of Life ones though.  Will be checking out everyone's recommendations, though.  Thanks!

User Tag List