Pain in the left knee - anyone experience this during pregnancy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-08-2011, 04:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Good morning Mommies!  2 weeks ago I started having pain in my left knee.  The pain comes and goes, but sometimes it becomes so painful to put any pressure on my left knee, which makes it difficult going up and down the stairs.  I did not have this pain before and definitely think it is pregnancy related because I did not injure my knee.

Anyone else experience this?  Do you think I should see a doctor or do think this is just a normal part of pregnancy?

Michelle - Mama to Sage treehugger.gif, Skye modifiedartist.gif and Stormbfinfant.gif11/15/11

winner.jpgcd.gif  nocirc.gif   2vbac.gif femalesling.GIF familybed1.gif goorganic.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 07-10-2011, 07:23 PM

It may be worth getting checked out. Doesn't sound like a blood clot (something dr's worry about during pg), but it could have been sprained from extra relaxin.

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#3 of 5 Old 07-10-2011, 07:45 PM

I had lots of joint issues with my first pregnancy (mostly hips, ankles and wrists, but knees too sometimes), and found they improved greatly when I drank buckets of water. You pee so darn much, but the joints were better. I'd still probably get it checked out though.

Crafty, play-at-home mama to spirited 4 yo DD and zany 1 yo DS, living in an ecovillage in beautiful British Columbia. 
#4 of 5 Old 07-12-2011, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Ladies - Thanks for your responses.

My knee pain has amazingly vanished.orngbiggrin.gif

Actually it is not so amazing...I think my shoes (they have a high wedge) were the source of the problem.

I have not worn them in days and the pain is gone.

Wish my work did not have a dress code and I could just go barefoot! 

Michelle - Mama to Sage treehugger.gif, Skye modifiedartist.gif and Stormbfinfant.gif11/15/11

winner.jpgcd.gif  nocirc.gif   2vbac.gif femalesling.GIF familybed1.gif goorganic.jpg

#5 of 5 Old 07-12-2011, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Maybe you could wear dress flats instead of heels?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page