Less movement? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-11-2011, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

For those of you that watch the Belly Photo Thread, you saw that my stomach shrunk from week 20 to week 22.

Baby 005.jpg

Week 20. ^^^

Baby 006.jpg

Week 22. ^^^

Besides the fact that THAT freaked me out really bad, I haven't been feeling my baby much the past couple of days, either. I read that he could have just dropped lower, so it's harder to feel him... ? I also keep getting random sharp pains in my lower abdomen, but they aren't cramps or anything. I'm not sure what they are. I have another appointment/ultrasound next Tuesday, but I don't know if I can wait that long.

Help? Should I be worried?

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#2 of 8 Old 07-11-2011, 07:11 PM

The size of your tummy can change drastically with position. Depending on where your placenta is, his legs might be pushign into that, decreasing your perception of movement.

But of course, if you are worried, call your HCP.

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

#3 of 8 Old 07-11-2011, 08:06 PM

I'll add that the size of your tummy can differ from morning to evening due to delightful things like gas and recently eating, etc. On the movement, if baby is facing your spine you won't feel the movements as much. Sharp pains in your lower abd: probably round ligament pains. But yeah, if you are worried it wouldn't hurt to call.

Wendy  Wife to my sweet husband, homeschooling mom to 4 little girls and a new blessing due in November! chicken3.gif
#4 of 8 Old 07-12-2011, 07:31 AM

The size of my belly totally depends on the time of day (and whether I'm bloated, have recently eaten etc).  Plus you are a little closer in the top picture.  Your purple star is bigger in that one too, for example, and you can see more booty! winky.gif

Also I would definitely say there are days when I feel a ton of movement, and other days when the baby seems quieter.  Do you have a fetoscope?  That's one of my favorite ways to connect with and check on the baby.

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

#5 of 8 Old 07-12-2011, 08:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yup, this is all true.

My belly photos from #2 are in the first post of the Belly Photo thread.   You can see in those pics that my belly would totally change shape and shift around from week to week.   I'm 21 weeks along now and some days I feel the baby move a bunch and other days hardly at all.  They still have plenty of room to roll and shift in there so the position changes a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octanebeetle27 View Post

I'll add that the size of your tummy can differ from morning to evening due to delightful things like gas and recently eating, etc. On the movement, if baby is facing your spine you won't feel the movements as much. Sharp pains in your lower abd: probably round ligament pains. But yeah, if you are worried it wouldn't hurt to call.

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11.  We are planning our next adventure to South America in April 2014!
#6 of 8 Old 07-12-2011, 08:33 AM

I had the same issue, I didn't feel babe for 2 days and yesterday had alot of discharge in the morning. I freaked out and called into work and seen my midwife and thankfully everything is fine.

mama to Fox Elijah 10/20/10-10/27/10 candle.gif and Raven Audrey 11/13/11

#7 of 8 Old 07-12-2011, 09:03 AM

I don't think I've changed size in a couple of weeks and most people say how small I am when they see me. However, baby is measuring big. So I think our tummys can be decieving.  Also, some days I feel tons of movement, others almost none. I think it depends on his position, how busy I am, etc. I find drinking some OJ and taking 30 mins or so to lie on my left side usually wakes him up and I feel better.

*However* there is nothing wrong with calling. If you are worried, call! It is always better to be safe, IMO. 

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#8 of 8 Old 07-12-2011, 11:25 AM

Joining the chorus to say bellies change day by day. I looked more pregnant from 14-16 weeks than from 18-20 -- suddenly flat belly because baby turned head down and was lying vertically instead of horizontally. Also time of day matters a lot. I find my belly protrudes more and more over the course of the day -- on the commute to work I don't look pregnant but on the way home people are always offering me seats! :lol

As for kicking, at 22 weeks the baby is still small enough that if it's facing your spine you'll feel much less movement. If you're lying down and concentrating, you should still feel the recoil from the kicks, but you wouldn't necessarily notice just going about your day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page