Maybe moving and so excited!!! (Houses, not baby!) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-13-2011, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have been living in a two bedroom trailer on a temporary basis for two years with four of us. FINALLY the house I have been eyeing everytime I drive to town is for rent!!!! YAY! I called about it today and we are going to look at it and put a deposit on it Saturday. Providing we like it! I AM SO EXCITED I COULD SCREAM!!! I have been so stressed about our living situation with adding a new baby and having ZERO storage or closet space. But recently I resolved to stay put until after the birth. Then, this happens! I am praising God because it's the exact price we said we'd pay, the exact space we wanted, and location! SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO THRILLED! So we'll be moving Labor Day weekend! YAY!!!! Just in time to get settled and welcome our new little blessing! Anyone else moving while preggers?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 07:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I know Jaimee is most likely moving. We're moving too. Within the month. :)

Old 07-13-2011, 08:44 PM

We're probably moving too - but more like the end of September. Cutting it a little close. The townhouse in the co-op we're in is very leaky, but they won't be fixing it for at least a year, so we've been offered a townhouse that has (hopefully) no leaks. This one has a basement, so we're pretty excited about it! Just nervous about having less than 6 weeks between move in date and due date. 

Crafty, play-at-home mama to spirited 4 yo DD and zany 1 yo DS, living in an ecovillage in beautiful British Columbia. 
Old 07-13-2011, 09:06 PM

we might have to move.  Our roof is leaking and basicly  caving in and falling apart and right now we have no heat.  Last year was alright with just a wood stove in an old spread out farmhouse but it woun't be okay with a newborn.  So we are giving our landlord until the end of july to fix these problems or we need to move.  I sort of hope we do but only if we find the right place.  I would hate to move somewhere that we will want to move again shortly after moving in. 

Thats awesome that a good place is opening up for you.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

Old 07-13-2011, 09:55 PM

JKseawell - we both live in NC :) and so close to boot! i'm right outside of Raleigh :) How exciting for you that you are *hopefully* getting the home that you want!

We just moved about two months ago, so I was only 3 months, but it was still stressful and hard work. :( Sorry about all of the ladies that are having housing issues... :( BUT, at least if you move soon, you will be all settled by the time that baby arrives. And you will also be sure to be unpacked pronto when nesting kicks in. :)

Morgan. Single mama to DS (10/27/11) fambedsingle1.gif bfinfant.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

www.facebook.com/gnomegrowncreations

Old 07-14-2011, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter

That is cool, meb2!!! We are pretty excited! My husband even said we could put the deposit down this weekend! YAY!

Sorry about all of the housing issues! I love moving to a new place because I purge junk and have a new place to make my own! I am real excited despite the stress of moving! DH said he would pack and move it all, told me to take the kids to the beach for the day :*) Thanks, DH! (He use to work for a moving company!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meb2 View Post

JKseawell - we both live in NC :) and so close to boot! i'm right outside of Raleigh :) How exciting for you that you are *hopefully* getting the home that you want!

Old 07-14-2011, 08:36 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Congrats, that's awesome!  Becky's right... we are moving in just 15 days!!!!!!!!!!  AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!   We have to PACK!  Dh got a new (and better) job so we're picking up yet again and moving half way across the country.  This will be our 4th move in 9 years, my second move while pregnant.  Seattle, WA to Tucson, AZ to Austin, TX to Baltimore, MD.  This stop: Urbana, IL.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Old 07-14-2011, 10:07 AM

My sister moved from NY to NC (11 hour drive in a car... 14 / 15 in a moving truck) while she was 8 1/2 months pregnant. Stresssssful, but you ladies can totally do it. :) Best wishes for your packing and move....Sending good vibes your way! goodvibes.gif

Morgan. Single mama to DS (10/27/11) fambedsingle1.gif bfinfant.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

www.facebook.com/gnomegrowncreations

Old 07-14-2011, 10:50 AM

We're buying our first house and we will be moving into it mid August. My husband is leaving the country w/our older son for three weeks prior to the move, so I'm going to take that opportunity to declutter and pack things up and then let him and my brothers handle the actual moving part. I'm really excited to have our own house and more space, and I'm trying not to let the house-buying drama get to me. 

Oh, and I'm really counting on that nesting instinct to help me get unpacked like someone mentioned above! smile.gif

Old 07-14-2011, 04:16 PM

Ugh, how stressful. I hope you guys can find a good place soon. It's so awful when basic needs like heat and protection from elements are not being met, especially when you are expecting. We saw the new place today, and while I'm not 100% sure it's not leaky, it is better than the place we're in now. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post

we might have to move.  Our roof is leaking and basicly  caving in and falling apart and right now we have no heat.  Last year was alright with just a wood stove in an old spread out farmhouse but it woun't be okay with a newborn.  So we are giving our landlord until the end of july to fix these problems or we need to move.  I sort of hope we do but only if we find the right place.  I would hate to move somewhere that we will want to move again shortly after moving in. 

Thats awesome that a good place is opening up for you.

Crafty, play-at-home mama to spirited 4 yo DD and zany 1 yo DS, living in an ecovillage in beautiful British Columbia. 
Old 07-14-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

Congrats, that's awesome!  Becky's right... we are moving in just 15 days!!!!!!!!!!  AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!   We have to PACK!  Dh got a new (and better) job so we're picking up yet again and moving half way across the country.  This will be our 4th move in 9 years, my second move while pregnant.  Seattle, WA to Tucson, AZ to Austin, TX to Baltimore, MD.  This stop: Urbana, IL.

Jaimee, this will be our 3rd move THIS pregnancy. lol Lucky us, right? And then about 2 months or so ago, I helped my ex move my kids' stuff that belongs with him to his new apartment. I'm looking forward to not moving for a long time after this!

Old 07-15-2011, 09:50 AM

Becky, third move in the last 5 months?  I assume local moves, but still... that's a lot of work!   I hope you can stay put for a while!  Moving cross country is simultaneously exciting and extremely stressful.  Not to mention expensive!   But we're looking forward to seeing some new states, meeting some new people, and exploring a new area.  Here's hoping Champaign-Urbana, IL is an awesome place that we'll want to stay for quite some time.   Peace.gif

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Old 07-15-2011, 05:23 PM

It wasn't that much work. The first place we were in together came furnished, so we didnt have furniture to move. Just clothes, computer and dishes. Same thing goes for the 2nd and 3rd time, cuz we had roommates. But this time, we're getting our VERY OWN place again! We're so excited! Moving cross country sounds exciting, but I'm too attached to family to move more than 6 hours away from them. lol I get emotional if I don't see them any longer than 3 months.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:18 AM

Moving the kitchen stuff is the worst.  We're in the midst of packing right now and I'm just dreading that part.  So far we're still working on non-essentials... extra books and toys, games, photo albums, random office supplies, dh's tool bench crap, etc.  I already want to lay down and take a nap.  Oh, maybe that's b/c ds decided to wake up at 4:30am....

Old 07-16-2011, 09:42 AM

Congrats! I know how you feel. We moved from an appartment and just bought a house. Moved! YAY!!! now the only thing that we need to do is unpack.

User Tag List