Dont Want To Go To Dr If This Is Nothing... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 07-13-2011, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am spotting, but baby is moving fine and there's no cramping, but I feel extremely nauseous. Could this be something? I really don't want to call my care provider or go in if this is nothing. Help?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 20 Old 07-13-2011, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hopefully it is nothing! But I am overly cautious, so I would call. I'm really "better safe than sorry" with this pregnancy.

Hoping for a good update!

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#3 of 20 Old 07-13-2011, 09:01 PM

Have you had sex recently?  Sometimes I bleed a LOT after sex... and then my midwife told me that sometimes blood can collect around the cervix and you can see spotting an entire day after sex.

Maybe this is totally obvious but I thought I'd throw it out there.  Keep us posted!

Katie, married to my beloved Paddy

Catherine Anne "KJ" born November 10th, 2011

#4 of 20 Old 07-13-2011, 09:19 PM

After the random back labor-ish pains you were having, I'd definitely be calling and/or going in.

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#5 of 20 Old 07-13-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamama View Post

After the random back labor-ish pains you were having, I'd definitely be calling and/or going in.

Agree.... At least call and check, they might be able to tell you not to worry about it over the phone, but if something IS potentially wrong, I would hate for you to just ignore it.

Morgan. Single mama to DS (10/27/11) fambedsingle1.gif bfinfant.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

www.facebook.com/gnomegrowncreations

#6 of 20 Old 07-13-2011, 09:32 PM

I'm DEFINITELY in the "better safe than sorry" camp.  I also second (or third?) the "did you have sex" question.  I've made one trip to Labor & Delivery this pregnancy and the nurse and midwife were so gracious.  Before I was released they reminded me that I was welcome back whenever needed if things didn't feel right.

Jen - married to my superhero.gif, mama to DD (19), DD (17), DS (13), DSD (13), DS (8), forever missing my Hannah Grace candle.gif born still at 18 weeks, now on bedrest and expecting our miracle rainbow1284.gif in November.

#7 of 20 Old 07-13-2011, 09:35 PM

I'd call, for sure.

Keep us updated hug.gif

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

#8 of 20 Old 07-13-2011, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Update: Still havent called, but I just threw up and when I do anything too quickly, I almost throw up. Anything to sooth my stomach?

ETA: Going in to be seen. I can't stop throwing up. I'll update when I'm released.

#9 of 20 Old 07-13-2011, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer B View Post

I'm DEFINITELY in the "better safe than sorry" camp.  I also second (or third?) the "did you have sex" question.  I've made one trip to Labor & Delivery this pregnancy and the nurse and midwife were so gracious.  Before I was released they reminded me that I was welcome back whenever needed if things didn't feel right.

I have sex twice a day. lol There hasn't been anymore spotting as of late, either.

#10 of 20 Old 07-13-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwannaBanRN View Post

Update: Still havent called, but I just threw up and when I do anything too quickly, I almost throw up. Anything to sooth my stomach?

ETA: Going in to be seen. I can't stop throwing up. I'll update when I'm released.

Thinking of you

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#11 of 20 Old 07-14-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamama View Post

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking when I read the post!  Good luck, hope to hear a good update soon!

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#12 of 20 Old 07-14-2011, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

I have an update with good news and bad news. lol The baby is fine, but I am so sick. I get gut cramps from not being able to keep anything down and it hurts so bad that I cry out. I went in last night and they said if I couldn't keep anything down to call my dr. so I could get IV fluids cuz I can't even keep water down at this point. My DP said I have a fever and I've been sleeping off and on all day, trying to eat crackers and drink water in between. If it's not getting better within the next couple hours I'm calling to go in again. I have a headache I'm so dehydrated.

#13 of 20 Old 07-14-2011, 04:46 PM

ddcc  sounds like you have a really bad intestinal bug.  a few people in our neighborhood had to stay in the hospital for 3-4 days hooked up to IV fluids cause they couldn't keep anything down.  Hope you start feeling better!

Love tocrochetsmilie.gifand have way to much yarn!   teapot2.GIF is always on at my place.  
Wife familybed1.gif, momma femalesling.GIF, teacher homeschool.gif and all that is inbetween to A b. 31/12/04,  W b. 27/10/06vbac.gif,  V b 17/01/09hbac.gif, and     G b. 09/09/11hbac.gif

#14 of 20 Old 07-14-2011, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae14 View Post

ddcc  sounds like you have a really bad intestinal bug.  a few people in our neighborhood had to stay in the hospital for 3-4 days hooked up to IV fluids cause they couldn't keep anything down.  Hope you start feeling better!

Have you heard of the Norovirus? I've had it before and this is what it seems like. Little to no fever, constant vomitting, diarrhea, dizziness, dehydration. It lasts up to 4 days and it's highly contagious. I hope I don't give it to my kids. :(

#15 of 20 Old 07-14-2011, 04:56 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

I'm so sorry you're going through this Becky!  I think that stomach issues are the worst!  I really hope you feel better soon.  Can they give you some IV Zofran or something?

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#16 of 20 Old 07-14-2011, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

ETA at 6:49: Just ate a tuna sandwich. Fingers crossed it will stay down.

I dont know, Jaimee, but i may go in soon and find out.

#17 of 20 Old 07-14-2011, 08:46 PM

Just throwing this out there, but do you think it could be a kidney infection? I had one during my last pregnancy and I was as sick as a dog. I had a terrible backache with lots of vomitting, dehydration, high fever, the shakes so awful I could barely get dressed and I was delirious. I didn't realize I was that sick. Because of that experience I will probably always think "kidney infection" when I hear of someone pregnant and very sick like you are--though it could be any number of things (hopefully not something serious but you sound like you are really ill!). Hope you feel better soon.

Wendy  Wife to my sweet husband, homeschooling mom to 4 little girls and a new blessing due in November! chicken3.gif
#18 of 20 Old 07-14-2011, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

My back actually hasnt hurt since when I posted about my back hurting. I honestly think it was a nasty 24 hour bug cuz after I ate a sandwich and drank 7 up and water, I feel almost all better except weakness and being tired from the whole ordeal.

#19 of 20 Old 07-15-2011, 09:30 AM

Knowing myself.... I would call.

#20 of 20 Old 07-15-2011, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Totally recovered now. No spotting, no nausea. Haven't quite gotten my appetite since my stomach shrunk from not being able to eat but that'll go away.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page