Does anyone journal? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-15-2011, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I believe this is what you would call a "froo-fee" thread... But: 

I've always been completely terribly at keeping a hard, physical copy of a journal. I really want to, but I have so much time setting aside time to do it and I tell myself I will do it before bed, but by the time I make it to bed, I just want to sleep and have no interest in writing, and if I do - it always ends up being a to-do list. I've been writing down big dates, like when we had our ultra sound and found out we were having a boy, when I first felt his movement and when DP first felt his movement... But I would like to write more. 

If anyone does journal, what encourages you to do it? Do you have a certain time of day that you sit down and write? Do you pretend you're writing to someone else? 

Morgan. Single mama to DS (10/27/11) fambedsingle1.gif bfinfant.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

www.facebook.com/gnomegrowncreations

#2 of 3 Old 07-15-2011, 08:28 AM

I used to. I normally journal when I am not is the chipperest mood. Helps me feel better. I guess I have been feelin really good lately.

#3 of 3 Old 07-15-2011, 09:01 AM

DDC crashing....
I journal every single day. Just little notes about what I did/ what I'm grateful for that day. I've been doing it for at least 10 years and it's so cool to be able to look back and see a snapshot of my life. I just use a black and white school type notebook.

It also makes me cherish every single day. I only write little snippets and those snippets bring back a rush of memories. (Also that way I don't have to worry if anyone ever reads them).

I like reading silly little things like, "DD lost her 3rd tooth today". "Such and such complimented me on ___ today." "I saw the most beautiful rainbow on the way home today."

And I also find that I don't lament DD growing up (she's 8). If I want I can go back to when she was 3 and read about her first ballet class. heartbeat.gif

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page