Woo-hoo! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 07-16-2011, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My boobies work! :) I experienced a few droplets coming out today while i was in the shower! DP was a little freaked out, but I am so excited! Yay! Anyone else have this happen to them yet? Maybe not... I am due the first day in November, so I could technically fall more in the October DDC... :) Anyone? Anyone? I know some of you are still breastfeeding your other little ones...

Morgan. Single mama to DS (10/27/11) fambedsingle1.gif bfinfant.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

www.facebook.com/gnomegrowncreations

#2 of 16 Old 07-16-2011, 07:03 PM

Not yet here. I'm really hoping I get colostrum sooner rather than later, because dry nursing is getting irritating, quick. I don't think I had any milk of any kind until at least early 3rd trimester with both of the other babies.

Mom to blahblah.gifDD (5/07), diaper.gifDS1 (02/10)h20homebirth.gif and babyboy.gif DS2 (11/11)h20homebirth.gif !

#3 of 16 Old 07-16-2011, 08:14 PM

Nope, nothing here. I'm due Nov. 14th with my first. So breasts can start to leak that early before the baby arrives?? I feel like such a newbie.

First came partners.gif then cat.gif then another cat.gif and then babygirl.gif (11/11)
#4 of 16 Old 07-16-2011, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Yup, colostrum can come in quite early in some women.  My sister was leaking by 20w with her first pregnancy.  I can express one or two tiny drops, but I think it's more leftover breastmilk than colostrum (I'm still nursing). 

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#5 of 16 Old 07-17-2011, 06:09 AM

I had colostrum in the very, very beginning for a few weeks. It was actually my first sign of pregnancy. It's been gone now for a while, but thanks to this thread I just checked and looks like it's starting to come back, just a few droplets. I'm due in the first week of November too if that means anything. With my first pregnancy, I got it at the beginning of the 3rd trimester and was regularly leaving wet spots in the bed at night I'd leak so much. 

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#6 of 16 Old 07-17-2011, 09:44 AM

It hasn't happened this time around yet, but I'm also 3 weeks behind you. I can tell I'm about to start lactating because my nipples are getting thicker at the tip and they are really tingly and tender. When I was pregnant with DD, I wasn't leaking until almost 6 months. It's rather embarrassing if you forget to put pads in your bra and go out in public and leak. lol

Okay, so I lied. After reading Mal 85's post I decided to try to get some out and of course! lol

#7 of 16 Old 07-17-2011, 09:49 AM

I was pretty surprised when I started leaking around 18 weeks.  My daughter quit nursing almost 3.5 years ago, so I thought it would take a bit longer...but then, my body knows what to do at this point, I can assume. 

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#8 of 16 Old 07-17-2011, 12:38 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

No leaking here, but I  haven't leaked in either of my previous pregnancies (though I sure do leak when I'm nursing for the first couple of months).   What I get is very small amounts of yellow, gooey or crusty discharge actually lodged in the nipple where the duct holes are, which I literally just noticed last time I took a shower. I'm due at the end of November.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#9 of 16 Old 07-17-2011, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I never leaked with my other two pregnancies. I kinda doubt i will with this one, but my poor boobs hurt and have felt full/engorged for weeks now. I've noticed  very small amounts of yellow, gooey or crusty discharge actually lodged in the nipple where the duct holes are for for a good couple of weeks now.  I'm due on the 9th.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#10 of 16 Old 07-18-2011, 10:17 AM

Nope, I dont see anything, however, I do feel that sensation when ou milk comes in. Nothing has came out. They are starting to get a little heavy.

#11 of 16 Old 07-18-2011, 11:48 AM

So is this the most crucial time to make sure you have a good supporting bra to ensure less "gravity taking its toll"?

#12 of 16 Old 07-18-2011, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Boobs sag with or without a bra.  Pregnancy and breastfeeding stretch them out, not gravity.  ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwannaBanRN View Post

So is this the most crucial time to make sure you have a good supporting bra to ensure less "gravity taking its toll"?

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#13 of 16 Old 07-18-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraisme View Post

Boobs sag with or without a bra.  Pregnancy and breastfeeding stretch them out, not gravity.  ;)

Boooooo! nono02.gif

#14 of 16 Old 07-19-2011, 10:06 AM

I have started leaking colostrum a ton at 5 months both times. Its funny, I love my cat so much that when I pick her up,worry about her or sometimes just think of her I suddenly leak like crazy!

mama to Fox Elijah 10/20/10-10/27/10 candle.gif and Raven Audrey 11/13/11

#15 of 16 Old 07-19-2011, 11:21 AM

I don't leak, not really even in the first weeks of nursing, but I do have colostrum, probably since two weeks ago. Due Nov 8. The weird thing is, I'm still nursing occasionally from the left breast only, and it still has breast milk, but the right breast, which hasn't been nursed out of for 18 months or more, has colostrum (milk = white, colostrum = yellowy-clear). I can only manually express a couple of drops from each breast, but it's definitely there. 

Crafty, play-at-home mama to spirited 4 yo DD and zany 1 yo DS, living in an ecovillage in beautiful British Columbia. 
#16 of 16 Old 07-19-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilGlynn View Post

I have started leaking colostrum a ton at 5 months both times. Its funny, I love my cat so much that when I pick her up,worry about her or sometimes just think of her I suddenly leak like crazy!

biglaugh.gifThis is actually how I was when I was pregnant with my daughter in the last trimester. If I heard a child or small infant crying, I would leak. lol

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page