Anyone Suddenly Feel Huge? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 07-21-2011, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It seems like all of a sudden, I'm hugely pregnant! smile.gif I'm around 24 weeks now, and I feel like my belly just got way bigger. Also, my hip joints and lower back are bugging me so now I've got a bit of a waddle sometimes and going downstairs is getting tricky trying to see over my belly so I don't trip. How does this seem to happen overnight?! And how will I deal with growing for another 16 (to 18) weeks? This is my second baby so maybe that has something to do with it. Anyone else's belly go through a growth explosion?

#2 of 22 Old 07-21-2011, 06:04 PM

I don't only FEEL huge, I've felt too big for how far along I am for at least 10 weeks. lol But I KNOW that I've kind of exploded within the last 5 weeks. It sucks, but hey, I've only gained 10 lbs so I guess it doesn't matter as long as I'm at a healthy weight. It's awesome, though, cuz I can feel baby move all over and he makes my belly dance. love.gif

#3 of 22 Old 07-21-2011, 06:52 PM

I'm huge.. so much so that people keep asking me when I'm due and then gasping in horror or asking if there are two in there.. I normally don't show until after 6 months and then I pop but I've been showing decently for a month now. This is the first time I've had babies close in age. My last have been five and six years apart and then this baby I got pregnant when our youngest was nine months. My abdominal muscles just don't feel that strong.

Appointment with the Chiro in a week.. yes, please..

#4 of 22 Old 07-21-2011, 07:12 PM

haha That's how I was with my last. I didn't do any exercise after my first child, and my muscles were so weak that everything just popped. But thankfully this time, I am getting bigger a bit slower. No more after this one. Never.

#5 of 22 Old 07-21-2011, 07:12 PM

I feel like Im giant too!  Ive also only gained 10 pounds.

Ive resorted to not telling people when Im due- I say "In the fall" then change the subject.

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#6 of 22 Old 07-21-2011, 07:24 PM

You're a smart woman, Ash. lol You say fall and people assume September or something.

#7 of 22 Old 07-21-2011, 07:27 PM

I've decided the next person that makes some ridiculous comment that I am going to reply with a horrified look on my face and say.. WHAT?! I'm not pregnant! What do you mean?!?!

#8 of 22 Old 07-21-2011, 07:43 PM

I AM huge! We had some friends over tonight and it's only been about 2 weeks since I've seen most of them and all of them were like "Oh my God, you've gotten so big in the last two weeks!!" Thanks guys.  eyesroll.gif

I've also started getting random people asking me when I'm due, they all think it should be fairly soon. However, I'm only about 7 lbs up from my pre-pregnancy weight, so it's all baby you see!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#9 of 22 Old 07-22-2011, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal85 View Post

I AM huge! We had some friends over tonight and it's only been about 2 weeks since I've seen most of them and all of them were like "Oh my God, you've gotten so big in the last two weeks!!" Thanks guys.  eyesroll.gif

I've also started getting random people asking me when I'm due, they all think it should be fairly soon. However, I'm only about 7 lbs up from my pre-pregnancy weight, so it's all baby you see!

Okay, so a few days ago, I got PROOF that people actually think that saying how big you've gotten is a COMPLIMENT to you. When I first got to my ex-husband's house after leaving this baby's dad(only place I had to go. Long story, BLAH!) my ex-husband said "Oh my gosh! You've gotten so huge!" Well thanks, I know I look like a beached whale. Then he comes back with "what? It was a compliment!" SERIOUSLY?! haha

#10 of 22 Old 07-22-2011, 06:19 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Um yes.  I feel and look quite pregnant for only 21 weeks.  I gained 6 pounds in the last 5 weeks.  That's huge for me.   HUGE!   I have no more shorts that fit and now must wear the stretchy skirts all the time, which isn't the best for packing up the house and moving.  Spider veins popping up.  I'm hot, Hot, HOT at night.  But the heat won't last forever and I know I'll be sad when it's cold b/c I hate the winter.  I think it takes a few weeks to settle in to the new "big" feeling and then it gets better.  Somehow we all make it to the end!  I've often joked that if pregnancy didn't get uncomfortable you would never feel ready to go through labor.  lol.gif

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#11 of 22 Old 07-22-2011, 06:46 AM

This is true, Jaimee. lol I always feel hot too. It's not only the heat, it's the weight gain that makes it even hotter. I'm not looking forward to packing a whole house in about 10 weeks. I'll be huge!

#12 of 22 Old 07-22-2011, 07:20 AM

I'm starting to feel huge too. In the last few weeks, my ligaments have really been pulling in my groin. Then today I was measuring 4 weeks ahead. I'm fine with it though - I'm ready for a big healthy baby with a healthy appetite wink1.gif

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
#13 of 22 Old 07-22-2011, 08:31 AM

I just went through what I think was a growth spurt and my skin felt like it was going to explode and my organs felt like they were being crushed for about two days.  Then things seem to settle down again as my body got used to its new size.  Does this happen to anyone else?  Extreme discomfort for a couple of days and then things level out?

#14 of 22 Old 07-22-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcacat View Post

I just went through what I think was a growth spurt and my skin felt like it was going to explode and my organs felt like they were being crushed for about two days.  Then things seem to settle down again as my body got used to its new size.  Does this happen to anyone else?  Extreme discomfort for a couple of days and then things level out?

Yes!  It seems like every 5 weeks or so Ive been having this.  It freaks me out every time because to me it feels tight and crampy, but I try to remind myself my body is changing.  Ive noticed that taking extra Magnesium when this happens helps muscle and ligament pain.

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#15 of 22 Old 07-22-2011, 05:28 PM

I started waddleing awhile back.. but the past few weeks I've xploded in size.. I can barely see my feet and yesterday I had problems getting socks on!  I was under-weight at the beginning of the pregnancy so made sure to eat well.. now I'm on track.. but I'm also tall and thin in nature so it's all baby in the front.. I swear my hips are going to pop out of their sockets somedays.  and whats been the wrost lol has been my boobs.. I've always been small chested... not anymore.  darn things keep getting in my way -.-... and just in the past few days have they started leaking abit.  I'm only 24 weeks atm and I'm ready to be 40!

#16 of 22 Old 07-22-2011, 10:20 PM

Yes!  Suddenly and HUGE are the perfect words- thank you for this thread ladies, good to know I'm not alone!

happily married since 2006 with toddler son (born August 2009) and baby girl (born November 2011).

#17 of 22 Old 07-22-2011, 11:11 PM

uh huh...ginormous.  I thought I got big with my 1st pregnancy, but I just put away some pants b/c they were too tight....and I was wearing them up until the end with preggo #1.  Maybe things aren't bigger...maybe they just shifted around?!  lol

#18 of 22 Old 07-23-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sothisislove View Post

uh huh...ginormous.  I thought I got big with my 1st pregnancy, but I just put away some pants b/c they were too tight....and I was wearing them up until the end with preggo #1.  Maybe things aren't bigger...maybe they just shifted around?!  lol

LOL This is a good one. I'm not bigger this time! Things have just shifted around. lol

#19 of 22 Old 07-23-2011, 08:41 PM

I totally understand what you are feeling! Except I have felt huge from 16 weeks on. I have had people constantly asking if I am sure my due date is right or if I am having twins. :) Neither of those things! I am also having a hard time climbing stairs and this was a new one for me: we went to a movie last night and when I had to get up at the end, my pelvic bone was so sore! I might have to start bringing a cushion along for long car rides and movies. Oh well right? I haven't gained too much yet, so I guess baby is just having a good time stretching out my belly for me and I am okay with that.

belly.gifTeresa, wife of Chris, mom to be 11/11/2011.2ndtri.gif neg.gifFound out 03/20/11 and it was the best moment in our lives!  Always in our hearts, 01/01/2010angel.gif (8 weeks)rainbow1284.gif

dust.gifCounting down!!!***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif**baby.gif

#20 of 22 Old 07-23-2011, 09:09 PM

I was at the hospital seeing my BFF, her husband, and their new baby last Monday. I was 21w5d. We were talking about how I didn't look that big at all. 

Now? I'm 22w3d and look HUGE. I grew a LOT this week. And started waddling. 

Yay! LOL

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#21 of 22 Old 07-26-2011, 07:43 AM

I think it's fun to notice how much bigger my belly gets throughout the day.  It's one size in the morning, but noticibly bigger in the evenings.  And my waddle gets more pronounced as the day goes on as well!  :)

#22 of 22 Old 07-26-2011, 08:11 AM

No ma am. I dont feel that way yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page