Where is your babe positioned mainly? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 07-22-2011, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ours seems to want to camp out on my left side most of the time.. During the night he/she slides back into a normal place but it's a little weird having all baby on one side! A photo.. lol..272680_106865159410765_100002618441475_42654_7787079_o.jpg

#2 of 20 Old 07-22-2011, 02:53 PM

Wow, that's so neat you can SEE what side he/she's hanging out on! lol

While at an ultrasound on Monday, our baby was centered and low with her head down and laying on her left side. I barely feel kicks these days because I think her feet are kind of free-floating in the center of my belly, lol. I'll occasionally feel some kicks on my right side but mostly I just feel her either headbutting or punching me at the lowest part of my belly and pubic area. I hope she moves somewhere else soon! I loved early on when I first started feeling movement and she was on one side of my belly one day and then another side the next. smile.gif

First came partners.gif then cat.gif then another cat.gif and then babygirl.gif (11/11)
#3 of 20 Old 07-22-2011, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My baby has been most breech and transverse with nearly all the kicks on the right. She is doing Olympic somersaults though, so her position often changes.

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11.  We are planning our next adventure to South America in April 2014!
#4 of 20 Old 07-22-2011, 03:29 PM

I love that picture! That is amazing how you can see the little one leaning to one side like that.....with mine I am just round! Lol and can't tell where he or she is. I have been feeling movement more on the right side however and higher up, like I am being kicked or punched in the ribs. My placenta is on the bottom so not sure if that effects baby's place in there!

belly.gifTeresa, wife of Chris, mom to be 11/11/2011.2ndtri.gif neg.gifFound out 03/20/11 and it was the best moment in our lives!  Always in our hearts, 01/01/2010angel.gif (8 weeks)rainbow1284.gif

dust.gifCounting down!!!***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif**baby.gif

#5 of 20 Old 07-22-2011, 03:50 PM

My babe seems to stay mostly transverse and low. I feel kicks on either side of my belly. It's very rare to feel anything in the middle or up higher.

My first used to sit to one side like that. Only when I was in public, though, never at home. I swear every time I left the house, my belly was all lop-sided like that, it was bizarre.

Mom to blahblah.gifDD (5/07), diaper.gifDS1 (02/10)h20homebirth.gif and babyboy.gif DS2 (11/11)h20homebirth.gif !

#6 of 20 Old 07-22-2011, 03:58 PM

My boy is head up, butt down. I like to say he's learning how to walk while in the womb. =) And I get kicked right in the belly button and right below the belly button.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#7 of 20 Old 07-22-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraisme View Post

My baby has been most breech and transverse with nearly all the kicks on the right. She is doing Olympic somersaults though, so her position often changes.

Same here!

Michelle - Mama to Sage treehugger.gif, Skye modifiedartist.gif and Stormbfinfant.gif11/15/11

winner.jpgcd.gif  nocirc.gif   2vbac.gif femalesling.GIF familybed1.gif goorganic.jpg

#8 of 20 Old 07-22-2011, 05:37 PM

headdown on every ultra sound... but she moves around quite abit.. the placenta is also very close to my cervixs.  so she's been very low.  I've been feeling kicks and punchs since about 14 weeks.  She's our lil' ninja in training.  she's now gotten pretty irate and jittery if my husband talks loud ( usually when he's on the phone) and I have to growl at him... since I"m usually stuck next to him getting my insides pummeled.

#9 of 20 Old 07-22-2011, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Oh that reminds me! I need to start playing videos to my stomach, lol!

#10 of 20 Old 07-22-2011, 09:32 PM

My baby is low, low, low!  He's always kicking way down low (sometimes I tell him to please remove his foot from my cervix).  I think he's transverse but he really moves a lot, so who knows.  My midwife says he is probably so low because my pelvis is roomier being a second-time mom.  I don't mind it, I sort of hope he stays low and engages well at the end of pregnancy so labor starts and moves quickly.  It is kind of weird not to feel kicks up toward my bellybutton though- he has so much space he isn't utilizing!  Silly baby.  At least he's cozy :)

#11 of 20 Old 07-23-2011, 09:33 AM

I think I have the roomiest uterus ever.  This baby moves around constantly, and changes position multiple times a day.  She is transverse right now, but spent a lot of yesterday breech- which always make me sure a foot is going to pop out of my vagina at any second.  On Wednesday at the doc she was head down.  She is seriously EVERYwhere.

I have noticed that she hangs out on my right side most, whether head down or feet down.

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#12 of 20 Old 07-23-2011, 08:07 PM

My babe is breech and mostly hangs out on my right side.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#13 of 20 Old 07-23-2011, 10:17 PM

Tooey likes to swim, though I think mostly head down as I feel most of the movement mid-belly left or right, and sometimes quite high. Any movement I feel down low is more subtle - feels like little fingers. But baby moves around, all over the place. 

Crafty, play-at-home mama to spirited 4 yo DD and zany 1 yo DS, living in an ecovillage in beautiful British Columbia. 
#14 of 20 Old 07-24-2011, 06:25 AM

Right side. All of my babies have LOVED my right side. 

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#15 of 20 Old 09-15-2011, 12:21 PM

I had my 31-week prenatal checkup today and apparently my baby is in the exact same position she's been in for weeks -- anterior and downward with her butt just a little to the right of my belly button. She's been downward for several months. She hasn't been traveling into different positions like I hear lots of babies do! My midwife said that my baby might engage early because I've been feeling her "burrowing" down lower and trying to optimally position herself apparently. I was hoping that meant she'd come a week or two early winky.gif hahaha. But alas, that's not how it works...... A girl can hope! love.gif

First came partners.gif then cat.gif then another cat.gif and then babygirl.gif (11/11)
#16 of 20 Old 09-15-2011, 10:42 PM

It's been chiilin' out on my left side for as long as I can remember.  Your photo is pretty darn close to what I see every night! I think it's still head down but lately I've been feeling the hiccups down low AND up high.  And I'm pretty sure I'm growing an octopus because kicks and jabs happen everywhere. dizzy.gif  

Is anyone feeling that lovely strain against their bellybutton?  It hurts!

om.gif married to my best friend guitar.gif; Proud mama of one fine boy! diaper.gif  ribboncesarean.gif;  stork-suprise.gif 4/14 Hoping for a vbac.gif

#17 of 20 Old 09-16-2011, 12:57 PM

wherever s/he is, I'm going to guess s/he's hanging out upside down.....with a foot almost permanently lodged way up in my ribs on the right side.  I'm about to hit 30 weeks and I definitely feel more of the "rolling" I felt towards the end of my first pregnancy.  I can't ever tell which body parts are hitting me, but this kiddo likes to stretch!

#18 of 20 Old 09-17-2011, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Breech, facing the world, exactly the same as me. Spine to spine. So weird. I've never really had this before. He hasn't moved from that position at all until I saw a chiropractor last week. Then he played around a bit it took him some time to settle back into his favorite position which gives me hope. I'm going to keep seeing her. I think it will help.

#19 of 20 Old 09-17-2011, 08:28 PM

I've had 4 ultrasounds in 2 weeks (non stress test) and babe has been in a different position each time-- transverse, head down, transverse, breech.

#20 of 20 Old 09-20-2011, 02:52 PM

My boy has been head-down, waaaay low, for several weeks now. My midwife was shocked at how low he is. In fact, I have yet to feel a kick above my belly button. Mostly stretches and punches and jabs on my sides or right on my bladder and cervix.

I'm pretty sure he's sunny-side-up, so he's got a little bit of turning to do eventually, but I keep joking that it's like he's hanging out right next to the elevator door, impatiently waiting for it to open.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page