Feeling Overly Sensitive? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-25-2011, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

During my 1st trimester, I didn't have any crazy emotional outbursts. In fact I felt so calm and extra loving towards my hubby, that it almost freaked him out. Over the last couple of weeks however, I am feeling slightly out of control. Last night I was really grumpy and my husband suggested it was because of family going away for a few weeks which I wasn't even that sad about, but the mention of it made me extremely sad. I proceeded to cry and also laugh hysterically about how ridiculous I am for a 30 minutes.....anyone else feeling like they are looking it?!nut.gif

belly.gifTeresa, wife of Chris, mom to be 11/11/2011.2ndtri.gif neg.gifFound out 03/20/11 and it was the best moment in our lives!  Always in our hearts, 01/01/2010angel.gif (8 weeks)rainbow1284.gif

dust.gifCounting down!!!***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif**baby.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2011, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yes! I am beyond losing it. I have lost it! I am hysterical all the time for no good reason, I'm very easily offended (poor hubby) and I snap at the kids. This is insane. I don't feel good enough for anyone or anything, I feel lonely even when I'm not alone and I can't figure out where any of these thoughts or feelings are coming from. Physically, I feel okay right now. Emotionally, I'm a disaster!

Old 07-25-2011, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

I totally get the feeling lonely even when you are not alone! I am a teacher and am off for the summer, so my days feel so long and solitary. I was on bed rest for a few weeks so that limited by outings, but even though I had visitors, I was and am still wanting human contact constantly!

belly.gifTeresa, wife of Chris, mom to be 11/11/2011.2ndtri.gif neg.gifFound out 03/20/11 and it was the best moment in our lives!  Always in our hearts, 01/01/2010angel.gif (8 weeks)rainbow1284.gif

dust.gifCounting down!!!***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif**baby.gif

Old 07-25-2011, 05:40 PM

I am a total basket case. A complete and utterly emotional mad house. redface.gif I couldn't fake mood swings like this if I tried. Glad to hear I'm not alone in the "overly sensitive" department. Thank goodness I have my husband here to provide me with a little stability from day to day. He is totally my rock right now.

First came partners.gif then cat.gif then another cat.gif and then babygirl.gif (11/11)
Old 07-25-2011, 08:36 PM

I have awesome days, and I have terrible days...my Naturopath has me taking the homeopathic remedy she lovingly referred to as the "angry housewife remedy"  ROTFLMAO.gif it's called "Sepia" and it is for mood swings.  It's something you can just grab over the counter, but you can also ask your midwife/naturopath/homeopath/etc about it as well.  I find that at the very least taking a couple of minutes while I'm sucking on those gives me a moment to remind myself to get it together.  I have a 5 year old and have had very little patience, especially when she's having friends over.  It's been a rather chilly "summer" over here in Seattle so there hasn't been as much outside play as I was hoping for...ah well, hang in there!

Old 07-26-2011, 07:53 AM

Hehehe... Not at all alone ladies. My poor DP gets yelled or cried at on a very regular basis for such very simple things. I normally just tell him I have to leave and then come back and apologize endlessly because I just want to be with him and feel awful about it. I also have a lot less patience lately... I have been very snappy at people. irked.gif Blahhh... 

Morgan. Single mama to DS (10/27/11) fambedsingle1.gif bfinfant.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

www.facebook.com/gnomegrowncreations

Old 07-26-2011, 01:36 PM

overly emotional... those small thigns that normally make you abit sad. or abit angy.. or abit happy.. now watch out!  I've gotten better as my pregnancy's progressed at controling my outbursts....  now when I tell DH " I'm angry right now at you... drop it"  he's learned to drop it so I can get myself back under control.  where before it ment him pokeing at me until I exploded.  or when I start crying to just "ignore it" while I recompose myself.  He's stopped takeing it all personal...and when I'm really sad.. he tries to throw chocolate at me or will go out of his way to bring me one of my favorite treats, because otherwise I'm depressed for the rest of the day.  But he knows just a tiny 'lil kindness on those days is enough to bring me around.  I thought I was a hormonal teen.... ain't got nothing on pregnancy.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:32 PM

Patience? What is that? I don't remember what it feels like. Sheepish.gif

The closer I get to November, the further away it feels. duh.gif

First came partners.gif then cat.gif then another cat.gif and then babygirl.gif (11/11)
Old 07-26-2011, 08:24 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Ugh, between this surprise pregnancy, moving AGAIN, and several trips to the ER for my ds earlier in the pregnancy I have definitely been emotional.  My kids get yelled out way too much b/c my patience is GONE.  My dh gets to comfort me while I'm crying yet again over something that ordinarily wouldn't be that big a deal.  And I'm feeling like I don't even want to say goodbye to any of my friends here and just leave quietly so that I don't have to deal with the emotion of it.  I'm exhausted from packing.  I can tell I'm overdoing it, but it has to get done.  My mw told me not to lift anything over 20 pounds.  Oh yeah right!  Ds is over 20 pounds!  My cast iron skillet is probably over 20 pounds, too.  But my body and my emotions are telling me I'm going off the deep end soon.  Thank goodness it will be over shortly.  Well, the move, not the pregnancy!  lol.gif

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Old 07-27-2011, 07:17 AM

I know how you feel. Except the crying and lonliness was more of a product of my situation. My hormones did not help me out one bit though. There WERE things I was overly dramatic about. If anything, it's AFTER the baby gets here is when you gotta watch out. I get severe post partum depression after I have my kids and it's always best if treated before I ever have the baby so as to avoid what i went through the first time.

PS I don't know if this is gender specific, but I found myself very sensitive and cranky only while carrying boys. With my daughter I was alot nicer, but my 4 year old and this little guy in my tummy.....watch out! They give me FIRE! lol

Old 07-28-2011, 07:47 AM

Girl who are you telling! I am right there with you. I get my feelings hurt over stuff that I shouldnt even care about. My ex is still my hubbys best friend. Needless to say the relastionship with the ex ended badly! The hubby and I just bought our 1st house. The ex keeps asking the hubby when can he come over to see the house. I told the hubby that I am not inviting the ex to any other get togethers because I invite him and his family to all over our events. The ex brings his kids, which are the ones the ex conceived when he and I were in a relationship, and his wife, the woman the ex cheated on me with, refuses to come. They will invite my hubby and my kids to the house but not invite me. Then in Feb. I knew the ex kids would have a b day and asked the hubby to see if we were invited. The ex told the hubby he wasnt doing anything. Guess what.... a after the ex kids b day they posted pic on Facebook of they party they had. So needless to say I said that if they can't invite me to events, I am not inviting him. SOOOOOOO I just got so hurt when the hubby keeps asking me, if the ex can come see our new house! I have really been hurt by this, I have already told the hubby how I feel, but he seems not to care. Sooooo.... I dont know. Sorry to rant on your post.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chena4 View Post

Girl who are you telling! I am right there with you. I get my feelings hurt over stuff that I shouldnt even care about. My ex is still my hubbys best friend. Needless to say the relastionship with the ex ended badly! The hubby and I just bought our 1st house. The ex keeps asking the hubby when can he come over to see the house. I told the hubby that I am not inviting the ex to any other get togethers because I invite him and his family to all over our events. The ex brings his kids, which are the ones the ex conceived when he and I were in a relationship, and his wife, the woman the ex cheated on me with, refuses to come. They will invite my hubby and my kids to the house but not invite me. Then in Feb. I knew the ex kids would have a b day and asked the hubby to see if we were invited. The ex told the hubby he wasnt doing anything. Guess what.... a after the ex kids b day they posted pic on Facebook of they party they had. So needless to say I said that if they can't invite me to events, I am not inviting him. SOOOOOOO I just got so hurt when the hubby keeps asking me, if the ex can come see our new house! I have really been hurt by this, I have already told the hubby how I feel, but he seems not to care. Sooooo.... I dont know. Sorry to rant on your post.

Hah. I don't think that anyone WOULDN'T be upset over that. At least I wouldn't be able to tolerate that... Ugh. Drama, drama, drama. I would hate for my DP / DH to even be around someone like that... There's so many people in the world. headscratch.gif Can't he find a new best friend? Maybe I'm being closed minded...

Morgan. Single mama to DS (10/27/11) fambedsingle1.gif bfinfant.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

www.facebook.com/gnomegrowncreations

Old 07-29-2011, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chena4 View Post

You poor girl! That is an awful predicament. Talk about adding more stress to an already stressful time! I don't think you are being unreasonable by any means and please feel free to rant anytime. This is what the thread is for.coolshine.gif

Old 07-29-2011, 02:24 PM

I am feeling overly "sensitive" to others sensitivity. In other words, I can't stand any emotional outbursts from my children. I want to shut myself in a room and put everybody on mute. I irritate easily, but I feel like I have it under control. I have an appointment in October with a shrink because I have had off and on depression since I started having children, but I'm not sure that I want to do anything preventatively. I'm not sure if my depressions were specifically postpartum depression or just recurrent major depression. And I don't feel depressed now. Basically, I'm just unsure.

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
Old 07-29-2011, 09:53 PM

OMG! Nina, I am so the same way! If someone is upset and ranting, I am upset right with them. I am a total stickler for sensing emotions and it reflects in my actions. I am most susceptible to an adult's outbursts. It's contagious to me, and I tend to own their feelings. It's a major downfall, because this means words affect me worse than an action would.

Tags
Lamaze Seemless Comfort Maternity Bra , Milk Nursingwear Braided Organic Cotton Nursing And Maternity Nightgown , Motherhood Maternity Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra , Expressiva Nursingwear Budget Softcup Maternity Nursing Bra , Maternity Vitamins Nutrition
User Tag List