Movement.. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 07-27-2011, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Are we still at a stage where movement can be infrequent? I'm 24 weeks today and for weeks this baby has been a ninja and the past two days it's slowed down so much and become much more faint.. It was like jabs and now it's like feathers if that makes sense.. I'm trying to reassure myself the baby has hiccups so it's okay and he or she probably just faced my back.. Having some slight anxiety over it and could use some reassurance.

I always feel silly asking people when this is our fourth baby but there is so much I don't remember.. Thanks so much.

~Ang

#2 of 11 Old 07-27-2011, 10:12 AM

I had a minor freak out last night about the same thing.  I hadn't felt movement ALL day, except one faint movement in the morning.  When I realized it, I started to worry.  My husband tried to reassure me, and a few hours later I felt a huge movement that made it obvious that she was facing my back, and was probably moving and I just couldn't feel it. 

Breed210 likes this.

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#3 of 11 Old 07-27-2011, 10:35 AM

I was just mentioning this to my midwife at my appointment yesterday. I haven't been worried, but brought it up just the same. Baby will be moving everyday all day for like 10 days straight. Then I'll have a weird day where he barely moves. She said it is normal because he is still so small. He is probably just turned around facing my back. I really don't worry about it at this point. 

Btw, I am 25 weeks. :)

Breed210 likes this.

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#4 of 11 Old 07-27-2011, 11:06 AM

Well their movements are much smoother than they were a couple weeks ago, so there won't be so much jabbing with alot of babies. With my daughter, she didn't punch and kick like this little guy, she liked to stroke. lol

#5 of 11 Old 07-28-2011, 05:04 AM

I have a ninja too.. who up until the last week was head down ready to go! lol... my last ultra sounds tech was amazed she was sooo low.  But she has since shifted about... and went from pummeling my lower abdoment to my left hip area.  my whole belly seems to have shifted in that direction as well abit.  She goes on again off again...  I'll feel her for a few days... have one day I wanna start punching back from her over exhuberance... grumble about it... then have a few days of rest while I'm guessing she's resting up for the next ninja attack.  At first I thought I was haveing some gas issues when she started kick/punching me in the sides.  Then realized my lower abdomen was oddly quiet...  worst part was my sides up until this point wheren't in pain at all from stretching much... That changed.  I figure she's just makeing herself some room.

#6 of 11 Old 07-28-2011, 06:36 AM

Good question. I was wondering the same thing. I am 24 weeks also and all day Gem'maica was very active until 11 30 last night. Today .... she has slowed down. I am sill bring it up tomorrow, frm what I have read, it must be normal.

#7 of 11 Old 07-28-2011, 02:45 PM

I actually ended up in L&D this past Saturday because of contractions combined with a definite decrease in feeling her move and a couple of other symptoms.  I got a shot to stop the contractions and an ultrasound to check on baby.  During the ultrasound she was moving a ton and I wasn't able to feel any of it.  The midwife reassured me that at this early stage 23-24 weeks it is common to not feel movements for a time.  But with a previous loss, I'm not one to take chances. 

Jen - married to my superhero.gif, mama to DD (19), DD (17), DS (13), DSD (13), DS (8), forever missing my Hannah Grace candle.gif born still at 18 weeks, now on bedrest and expecting our miracle rainbow1284.gif in November.

#8 of 11 Old 07-29-2011, 01:34 PM

They're getting to the size now where they can't roll or flip as much as they could a few weeks ago, so the movements we feel now are not as grandiose. I'm not saying that they can't flip, but now it's not as likely. This is my fourth baby as well. I find the best way to reassure myself is to lay on my back and lightly touch my exposed abdomen. Usually this stimulates movement.

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
#9 of 11 Old 07-30-2011, 05:42 AM

I LOVE laying down and just taking the time to feel baby move. I'll show my kids' dad and he'll watch for like TWO seconds and say "I didn't see anything." lol Well, you didn't watch long enough. I'm perfectly content watching and feeling my belly for at least an hour or until I'm sure he's sleeping in there and has stopped moving.

#10 of 11 Old 08-08-2011, 12:47 PM

I felt my the baby move for the first time a week ago!

it was very exciting as my wife told me to put my hand just under the belly button and i felt the THUMP!

it was GREAT to feel it finally!!

#11 of 11 Old 08-10-2011, 10:48 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dashley111 View Post

I had a minor freak out last night about the same thing.  I hadn't felt movement ALL day, except one faint movement in the morning.  When I realized it, I started to worry.  My husband tried to reassure me, and a few hours later I felt a huge movement that made it obvious that she was facing my back, and was probably moving and I just couldn't feel it. 

I panicked the other night because I did not remember feeling any movement all day either.  So I poked and shook my stomach til he moved lol!  I think I am so used to feeling movement that I dont make a note of it and remember it.  I think that their positioning makes a difference too, as well as the fact that they are getting bigger.  There was a time that I thought that this baby did not sleep because he moved, kicked hard, ALL THE TIME, and now he does not.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page