Hi! New momma-to-be. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 07-28-2011, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi!!

I just joined because I was reading through posts yesterday and this seemed like a really awesome, really supportive place.

My name is Lindsey, and I'm due on November 10th with my first, a little boy. My husband, Collin, and I are both very excited and looking forward to meeting him. I am already MADLY in love with the little guy. He is an extremely active fella, kicking and squirming all the time. I feel him moving almost constantly and my husband has been able to feel his kicks almost as long as I have, even though I have an anterior placenta which should be dampening things a tad. I can't imagine how much stronger the kicks will be as he gets bigger, but I'm enjoying the heck out of them right now. :)

I am planning to (hopefully) have a natural hospital birth. Although the universe threw a wrench into those plans when I just barely failed my glucose test. So I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that everything will go smoothly from this point forward...both for the baby's sake and so that I can have the kind of birth I want. Up to now everything has been sort of perfect with this pregnancy. TOO perfect, I guess.

I am originally from Montana but moved to the San Francisco Bay Area about a year ago when my husband got a good job here. So I've been feeling a little lonely during this pregnancy. Especially missing my family!

Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

#2 of 16 Old 07-28-2011, 09:22 PM

Welcome! And congrats on your baby boy :)

Wendy  Wife to my sweet husband, homeschooling mom to 4 little girls and a new blessing due in November! chicken3.gif
#3 of 16 Old 07-28-2011, 11:15 PM

Welcome =) First time mom here too. 

#4 of 16 Old 07-29-2011, 10:28 AM

Welcome Lindsey! I am Teresa and I am also a first time mom. Wishing you a wonderful rest of your pregnancy! This site is awesome. Welcome.gif

belly.gifTeresa, wife of Chris, mom to be 11/11/2011.2ndtri.gif neg.gifFound out 03/20/11 and it was the best moment in our lives!  Always in our hearts, 01/01/2010angel.gif (8 weeks)rainbow1284.gif

dust.gifCounting down!!!***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif**baby.gif

#5 of 16 Old 07-30-2011, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the warm welcome! :) I'm glad to be here. Especially as a first timer. There's so much to learn! I finally understand why all my pregnant friends in the past were always reading books on it.

#6 of 16 Old 07-30-2011, 09:21 PM

Welcome! I'm also a Lindsey who's due with a boy on Nov. 10. And he's also my first. :)

#7 of 16 Old 07-31-2011, 06:23 AM

Hey! Another Montana momma here! :) Except, I'm still in Montana. lol I'm Becky. I live in Bozeman, and soon to relocate to Kalispell, which is my hometown. Congrats on your boy and welcome to November DDC!

#8 of 16 Old 07-31-2011, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Welcome! I'm also a Lindsey who's due with a boy on Nov. 10. And he's also my first. :)

Wow! Guess we have a lot in common, lol.

Quote:
Another Montana momma here!

I'd kind of rather still be in Montana. I'm not too crazy about the traffic, tons of people, sales tax, and high cost of living here in California. But my husband is in tech and there just aren't that many career options for him there. I lived in Billings most of my life, but spent four years in Bozeman while I went to MSU. I liked living there a lot. :)

#9 of 16 Old 08-01-2011, 08:41 PM

I love Bozeman and missed it alot when I left for Great Falls for a while.

#10 of 16 Old 08-07-2011, 09:02 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)

Hi!  I am in MT too!  Miles City:(   Due with a boy Nov 2 and having a home birth!  Wish there were more natural mamas in this area, around here I am considered crazy for my healthy lifestyle and how I treat my kid like a human and not an animal and all that....  Lol

#11 of 16 Old 08-07-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1love4ever View Post

Hi!  I am in MT too!  Miles City:(   Due with a boy Nov 2 and having a home birth!  Wish there were more natural mamas in this area, around here I am considered crazy for my healthy lifestyle and how I treat my kid like a human and not an animal and all that....  Lol

Awww! November 2nd is my b-day! hehe

#12 of 16 Old 08-08-2011, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

Supposedly, Montana has one of the highest home birth rates in the nation. But that's probably just a function of it being a very rural state. It absolutely would have been frowned upon by almost everyone I knew in Billings. And Miles City is probably even more conservative.

Quote:

#13 of 16 Old 08-08-2011, 08:08 PM

Actually, it has the highest rate of increase of homebirths than any other state in the US. I have not heard of anything homebirth geared in Kalispell, but I have heard alot stuff in and around Bozeman.

#14 of 16 Old 08-08-2011, 09:16 PM

That is true about the home births!  But, I am assuming that is for the western and central part of the state.  As for the eastern part, it is pretty much unheard of.  Everyone thinks I am insane and I will surely die lol!  We also have a VERY high circumcision rate, very few people breastfeed, especially longer than 6 months, and there is hardly a single organic food product to be found.  I would love to live in western MT, I love it and the people are completely opposite of here!  Anyway, MDC helps me connect with people who have similar values:)

#15 of 16 Old 08-09-2011, 02:12 AM

That's so sad! No longer than six months? I breastfed my DD until almost 8 months and I wanted to keep going but I was afraid of the teeth she was growing. lol This one will be a year or more, depending on if he decides to go longer. I don't know if you know this or not, but all across the US, there is a Big Latch On every August and women from all over Montana meet in a certain city or more than one city and breastfeed their little ones on and off for a few hours(in PUBLIC no less yikes2.gif) lol. It's a pretty cool movement. I would have gone this year, had I still been breastfeeding.

#16 of 16 Old 08-09-2011, 02:34 PM

I did not know that, thats awesome!  Yes, around here if you BF at birth you are considered a little strange but no big deal, but at 6 months if anyone knows your still going they think you are nuts!  I have a friend who moved here from Missoula and she is still in shock by peoples reactions to things like that, and she said it is the total opposite there, if you dont BF for a long time you are considered wierd!  I BF DD til 16 and a half months, and only weaned because I was not gaining any weight in my pregnancy and I was 21 weeks along(actually I had lost 10+lbs, and was down to 120lbs which I had not weighed since high school!).  Dont get me wrong, I totally believe in long term BFing even through pregnancy, but apparently I could not do it :(   As soon as I quit nursing I gained 6lbs in 2 weeks!  And now I am gaining fine:)  Dont worry about the babys teeth when BFing!!  They usually dont even bite at all, and if they do it is only a few times and they learn Very quick not to!  I have heard things about pulling them in closer to your breast if they bite because sometimes it is because they are biting because they are trying to stay on the boob, and then it makes it harder for them to bite as well.  I never had any issues, but my friend said that worked for her.

Anyway, I just keep to myself for the most part, then people dont have too much to say, but man when I take walks and have my baby in a carrier, do I ever get bad looks!  Lol!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page