OMG! WHY DO I PASS GAS AND HAVE BH ALL DAY!!!!!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-06-2011, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have been having BH dailly for the last 2 weeks and it's mainly when I'm sitting up. Not when I walk, cleaning moving, or laying down? Now this is my 3 pregnancy I didn have this with the other two. The midwife just looks at me like "And?" when I ask her about it. I have them every hour. Now more that 2 or 3 though. I just want to know why. I drink water, ok ok I drink Kool Aid all day. I work at home on the phone. So I dont know.

On top of that I pass gas all day long. I have been watching what I eat. I learn that garlic gives me bad gas, I love that , well I used to not eat garlic. So I stopped eating garlic. Every time I take like 5 step or breath 5 breaths I pass gas! It's really bad. It's all day and all night! I didn't have this before either. What is going on with my body?!?

Does this happen to anyone else?

#2 of 5 Old 08-06-2011, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Both are totally normal.  My BH get more pronounced with each pregnancy.  I'll often get several an hour while doing nothing at all.

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#3 of 5 Old 08-07-2011, 10:15 PM

I have been having both, too. The gas in my case has been from too much caffeine, dairy, and meat. I've been changing my diet a lot over the last couple weeks to help combat that and it has gotten better. 

Braxton-hicks are a pain, too. The heat seems to be making mine worse that they were at this point in other pregnancies. If they get too frequent or painful, I'll have a small glass of wine and that calms them right down. 

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#4 of 5 Old 08-08-2011, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

So does they baby move around a lot too after the BH?

#5 of 5 Old 08-08-2011, 08:29 AM

Sometimes, but this baby if awake is constantly moving anyway. I swear the other day I simultaneously got kicked under my left rib, in my bladder, and on my cervix. O_O It's insanity.

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page