Exhausted All the Time - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 08-09-2011, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is anyone else feeling exhausted all the time? I mean, I have a few good hours, but overall I just want to go home and curl up on my couch! I'm so tired of being at work but I'm only 27 weeks so it's WAY too early for maternity leave. My husband has been out of town w/my oldest son for the last couple weeks, and while I miss him, I'm totally ok with him being gone because it means less work for me - my three year old is happy to eat french toast for dinner and sit down and play or watch cartoons, which is much more my speed right now smile.gif   I'm actually contemplating eating some liver since sleep just doesn't seem to be doing it for me. What are other people doing to help w/the exhaustion?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 08-09-2011, 05:05 PM

I am definitely feeling tired with you girl! And what is worse is that I am a teacher on summer vacation....so I haven't been doing a whole lot. If you can somehow find the energy, I find going for a walk around the neighborhood or for a swim actually energizes me! flowersforyou.gif

belly.gifTeresa, wife of Chris, mom to be 11/11/2011.2ndtri.gif neg.gifFound out 03/20/11 and it was the best moment in our lives!  Always in our hearts, 01/01/2010angel.gif (8 weeks)rainbow1284.gif

dust.gifCounting down!!!***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif**baby.gif

#3 of 16 Old 08-09-2011, 06:36 PM

I have been thinking about this all day - the comfortable, energetic 2nd trimester is definitely over!!!

I am SO.  TIRED.  I slept in (as much as one can with a toddler), had an afternoon nap and I could still barely keep my eyes open at suppertime!  And all we did today was go to the library!

And my to-do list seems huge and impossible with this little energy!

It's going to be a long 10+ weeks before this baby arrives!

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#4 of 16 Old 08-09-2011, 06:51 PM

I am exhausted a lot too. I never get a full nights sleep anymore - at least one of my three older children wakes at some point during the night and I have to pee sometime at night, too, so that breaks up my sleep. Adding to that my youngest gets up around 5:30 every morning and my DH leaves early for work...so there is a daily early get up. And with three kids at home, even though I'm a SAHM there is no chance for a nap. That said, I went to bed last night at 9pm and although I was woken twice by my kids, I woke up at 5:30 with some energy. So maybe I just need to go to bed earlier! The other thing that helps me get through the first few hours of the day is a big, protein filled breakfast like a mushroom/cheese/sausage omelet. Sticks to your bones and keeps you going for hours!

Anyway, just wanted you to know you're not alone. I am really looking forward to having this babe so I can at least get my baseline of energy back! 

#5 of 16 Old 08-09-2011, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am so with you ladies.  I feel like I hit 27 weeks and became instantly exhausted almost 24/7.  And I'm on vacation with my family and not even working during the summer and don't have any other kids!  Like literally, I was still running my 2 miles most days till a day or 2 before 27 weeks, when the RLP and achy feet got out of hand.  I am definitely NOT in the 2nd tri anymore!  I had no idea it would change this fast!

Katie, married to my beloved Paddy

Catherine Anne "KJ" born November 10th, 2011

#6 of 16 Old 08-10-2011, 12:10 PM

I've given up on sleeping threw the night now.. this past week has been getting progressively worse.  But I found if I relax for an hour.. do stuff for 2.. I can muddle threw the day fairly easily.  granted DH is at work all day.. This is our first.  But my mom is retired, so we spend our days doing things.  She helps keep me motivated and reminds me to eat.  My brains been my worst casualty!  So remembering to stop and eat and snack threw-out the day has helped I think alot with me keeping up my energy level.. and the baby seems to be very happy... as I seem to have a rock concert in my stomach all night.

#7 of 16 Old 08-10-2011, 05:46 PM

I've been tired all the time too...it's hard to make it through the day with my two year old.  While she sleeps I have to get my housework and laundry done so I never get a nap in.  I just try to go to bed early and it seems to help a little bit.

#8 of 16 Old 08-10-2011, 08:41 PM

I've only really felt tired lately because of lack of sleep during the night. If I can get 6-8 hours at night, I feel great.

#9 of 16 Old 08-12-2011, 01:06 PM

I was thinking I JUST hit 24 weeks and was discouraged by the sudden tiredness. I just hit 25 weeks! My kids have been born between 36 and 38 weeks...so it makes sense that I'm tired! I theoretically have 11-13 weeks left if this baby follows the same path as their sisters!

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#10 of 16 Old 08-12-2011, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Glad to know I'm not alone! I kept wondering what was wrong with me! :) I've really noticed that if I take a half day a couple times a week mid-week that it makes it much more bearable. I feel like last pregnancy working 40hrs/wk was no big deal but this time it's just too much.

#11 of 16 Old 08-12-2011, 08:49 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Yep.  Tired.  But I wonder, for me, how much of it is pregnancy and how much of it is the physical and emotional stress of this freaking move.  But for those of you around 27 weeks, this is also prime time for anemia.  Upping your iron intake via foods might offer a little bit of help.  Or it could just be pregnancy, kids, kids, pregnancy.  Sigh...

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#12 of 16 Old 08-12-2011, 09:41 PM

I am struggling with determining the difference between normal and abnormal tiredness.

This pregnancy I am tired but I have a 2.5 yo to deal with, plus I have had the hardest time sleeping this pregnancy.  And it's been 100+ for weeks on end here.  My husband is nagging me to get my iron checked so I will at my appointment next week and then again right at the end. 

I highly recommend at least getting it checked if you are unsure. With my first I found out at delivery that I was anemic, and then looking back on the last few weeks of the pregnancy I could totally see it.  Like I would empty the top rack of the dishwasher and then have to rest for an hour before I did the bottom rack.  Got some Floradix and bounced back quickly, although the first few days postpartum were rough.

#13 of 16 Old 08-12-2011, 09:54 PM

Pure exhaustion! Coffee (double latte made at home) twice a day....and b complex vites on top of prenatals help, but still....
I have an 18 month old to run after, and have gained all the weight I did with her the entire pregnancy already. Sore hips, sore back, waking up to pee..the works.
I feel for ya mama!
#14 of 16 Old 08-13-2011, 09:21 PM

Ok, I know one day could be a fluke, but I ordered some chia seeds because of the energy benefits and mainly for the calcium, magnesium, and potassium. Anyway, I just added a spoonful to any of my water or tea today and I didn't hit a huge slump like I normally do and didn't have caffeine!!!! 

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#15 of 16 Old 08-14-2011, 06:21 AM

Chia seeds? Hmmm... Might have to look into that post partum.

#16 of 16 Old 08-14-2011, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

Yep.  Tired.  But I wonder, for me, how much of it is pregnancy and how much of it is the physical and emotional stress of this freaking move.  But for those of you around 27 weeks, this is also prime time for anemia.  Upping your iron intake via foods might offer a little bit of help.  Or it could just be pregnancy, kids, kids, pregnancy.  Sigh...

I was a bit more anemic a few months ago, my numbers were around 10.8 and 30 (I forget the names for each of those numbers) and then after eating more meat (totally grossed me out 1st tri, but was ok 2nd tri) and randomly taking iron supplements it went up to 11.1 and 33. How high is it supposed to be at this point in pregnancy? I know some anemia is normal to indicate blood volume expansion, but when should it bounce back? I could call my midwife and ask, but I'm too tired :) haha 

Actually it has been better the last few days. I'm taking an adrenal supplement and trying to eat WAY more protein. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page