Peeing ALL The Time Anyone? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 08-10-2011, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I already had a light bladder to begin with, but now it is out of control! I had a UTI when I first got pregnant but it was very mild so was told to just drink the "real" cranberry juice and tons of water. Lately I have noticed that I am literally, ahem, leaking when I least expect it. Anyone else experiencing this? My doctor is sending me for a lab to make sure it isn't another UTI, but I have been continuing to drink my water and cranberry juice. Any ideas or shared experiences?

belly.gifTeresa, wife of Chris, mom to be 11/11/2011.2ndtri.gif neg.gifFound out 03/20/11 and it was the best moment in our lives!  Always in our hearts, 01/01/2010angel.gif (8 weeks)rainbow1284.gif

dust.gifCounting down!!!***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif**baby.gif

#2 of 11 Old 08-10-2011, 11:59 AM

Yes! I've been peeing nonstop the past couple of days. And actually just got back from the lab to get checked for a UTI. Honestly, I sort of hope that it's an infection and not a normal pregnancy thing. Because having to go all the time like this sucks. And I'd rather be able to make it go away with a course of antibiotics than spend the next three months in the bathroom.

I seriously haven't had a UTI since elementary school. Pregnancy is full of fun times. eyesroll.gif

#3 of 11 Old 08-10-2011, 12:10 PM

I actually found the more water I drink.. the less I need to go... but when I do it's a "normal" amount.  a few weeks ago I was haveing some issues.. and turned out I was dehydrated and at risk for UTI's and was peeing left 'n right. but knock on wood I haven't had one during my pregnancy.  I use to get them regularly in past years ( due to birth control)  and I absolutely detest cranberry... so I use to drink white grape juice instead, and that seemed to work just as well.

#4 of 11 Old 08-10-2011, 10:19 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)

The last few days I have been going all the time!!  I know it is not a UTI.  I also am leaking more, even when I only have to go a little bit!!  Today I had to stop at my house half way through my evening  walk to go pee and before I could sit on the toilet I leaked!  Thank goodness I have never leaked enough to overflow my pantyliner though!!

#5 of 11 Old 08-11-2011, 08:00 AM

Yeah. I do. I pee all the time, and I leak if I run, sneeze, wait too long before getting to a bathroom, sometimes if I squat, etc.  I do have prolapse issues from my previous pregnancies, and this is #4 for me.  Pantyliners are a must when I exercise but I don't like wearing them all the time.  Because you need undies to wear them, and undies hurt me because of the horrendous varicose vein on my crotch... omg, these are just some of the reasons this is my LAST child!

Last time I was pregnant, I accidentally fell off a chair and when I hit the floor, my bladder just let go.  My shorts were totally soaked. I was so embarrassed, and I was out of the house for the day.  I actually ended up going to WalMart in my pee clothes and buying the ugliest damn maternity shorts I have ever seen.  But they were on clearance for $3, and they were drylol.gif

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

#6 of 11 Old 08-11-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
I actually found the more water I drink.. the less I need to go... but when I do it's a "normal" amount.

I've found the same thing! I started drinking a lot of water as part of treating my UTI while waiting to get labs done and hear back from my doctor. They came back normal, but the extra water actually did make me feel quite a lot better. And I'm peeing a lot less frequently today. So maybe it is partly a dehydration issue. Or maybe I just flushed out my system.

#7 of 11 Old 08-11-2011, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for sharing stories and ideas! It is nice to know I am not alone....I did end up to go to the hospital this morning. It turns out I did have a severe UTI and I was in a ton of pain and had some mild spotting. I am on medication which I wasn't happy about, but at this point I had to outweigh the pros and cons. After one dose, I am already feeling a little bit more at ease. I am going to give the grape juice a try!!

belly.gifTeresa, wife of Chris, mom to be 11/11/2011.2ndtri.gif neg.gifFound out 03/20/11 and it was the best moment in our lives!  Always in our hearts, 01/01/2010angel.gif (8 weeks)rainbow1284.gif

dust.gifCounting down!!!***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif**baby.gif

#8 of 11 Old 08-12-2011, 09:55 AM

I've been peeing at least 4 or 5 times during the night for the past week or so.  During the day,  it's been non stop too.  It's only going to get worse as our babies grow larger! 

#9 of 11 Old 08-13-2011, 07:58 PM

I have to shift around on the toilet seat, otherwise if the uterus is sitting just right on my bladder, it doesn't empty and I have to go more frequently.

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#10 of 11 Old 08-15-2011, 02:07 PM

I pee 3-4 times a night and its SO annoying. Ive always had a light bladder, but I miss a FULL night of sleep without getting up. One day.. lol Not for 18 years now. ha

#11 of 11 Old 08-25-2011, 06:53 PM

I hit 28 weeks pregnant on Monday and I'm suddenly peeing a whole lot more. This 3rd trimester is no joke, and I just entered it! duh.gif I literally went to the bathroom at least 8 times today. I'm not looking forward to even more sleepless nights. Gah!

First came partners.gif then cat.gif then another cat.gif and then babygirl.gif (11/11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page