Had A Dream...... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-15-2011, 06:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Of the most perfect water birth ever. I wasn't planning on buying a birth pool or even one of those small kiddie pools to birth in, but last night I had a dream that I'd been in labor for 4 hours, with great support from DH, the kids were calm in the background. All their needs were taken care of, and the birth pool was ready and warm. I climb in, and the contractions change and I know it's transition and can feel his head slipping further down the canal. Some other woman was there; I'm assuming she was a doula, and she was talking to my DH when I started feeling pushy. I pushed through one long contraction and he came right out and floated to the top with my hand right underneath him, guiding him up. He immediately coughs and wails and cuddles his face into my neck and we go to bed. And then I woke up. It was the best dream I've ever had. The most peaceful, beautiful thing ever. I thought for a second that it was real and had to check that I was still pregnant. lol I hope I keep having dreams like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2011, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

<3

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
Old 08-15-2011, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

I love dreams like that!! I once had a dream (not pregnant, before I was pregnant with ds) that I was pushing, and I couldn't get the baby to move, and I was just getting SO frustrated and was thinking I'd NEVER get the baby out. I was really upset and ran out the front door into the driveway. It was pouring down rain. I got into the yoga "goddess" pose, let out a huge roar, pushed with everything I had, and the baby slid out into my own hands. I lifted the baby to my chest and walked triumphantly back into the house with the umbilical cord swaying back and forth between my legs. SO AWESOME! 

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
Old 08-15-2011, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

Now THAT is empowering! lol I love reading about women's birth stories, how they describe almost a primal roaring sound when they are pushing.

Old 08-16-2011, 03:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwannaBanRN View Post

Now THAT is empowering! lol I love reading about women's birth stories, how they describe almost a primal roaring sound when they are pushing.

Shortly after DD3 was born, DD1 (who woke up while I was in labor) said "Mama, I woke up a while before I came out of your room. I knew you were having the baby, though, because you sounded like an angry bear!" :lol

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

hahahaha How cute! Out of the mouths of babes!

User Tag List