Who else is still transverse/breech? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 89 Old 09-08-2011, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

So much for being head down.. I had a midwife appointment today and my baby was totally transverse and upsidedown.  Ha ha..  Tuuuurrrn baby...  :)

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#62 of 89 Old 09-08-2011, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mine is now head down, facing my right. I don't remember whether it's best to have baby facing my right or my left, but i'm very glad for head down! Just hoping for facing my back by delivery time.

Rachel, massage therapist and single mom :to Keanu 7/29/04 and Juniper 11/18/11!  Lovingfemalesling.GIFcd.gifnamaste.giflactivist.gifgd.giffambedsingle1.gif

#63 of 89 Old 09-08-2011, 07:41 PM

This little one has been head down more often lately.  I'm pretty sure she spent the last 3-4 days head down, based on where I was getting kicked.  But, alas, her little feet have been tap dancing on my bladder all day today. Guess she's not ready to settle down yet.

#64 of 89 Old 09-09-2011, 05:56 AM

I'm starting to really stress out about this little guy wanting to come out breech. I'm making an OB appt for 32 weeks, so there's time to turn him if he's breech and hope that he stays. HOPEFULLY he'll get me an ultrasound to see for sure if he's breech.

#65 of 89 Old 09-09-2011, 07:24 AM

I talked to my doc not too long ago and he said he wont worry until 33-34 weeks, and that he has seen babies that didn't turn until hours before they were delivered.

Mine is head down.  Way down.  Like bowling ball in your vagina down..BUT, if yours isnt I wouldnt worry just yet!

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#66 of 89 Old 09-09-2011, 07:37 AM

Talked to my midwife and we're still a go for a home birth if this baby stays this way. Been about three weeks in the same position.. Butt down, feet over head, back against my back, and just chilling there.. I won't lie I'm nervous as heck about it. She said the protocol is to be hands off during a breech birth, no pulling, etc.. Now if just turn little baby...

#67 of 89 Old 09-09-2011, 09:51 AM

Perhaps some sifting would get him/her moving around?

#68 of 89 Old 09-09-2011, 10:38 AM

Sifting?

#69 of 89 Old 09-09-2011, 10:45 AM

#70 of 89 Old 09-10-2011, 11:59 AM

Almost 32 weeks now, and baby has been breech or transverse since the last time I posted, all the hiccups have been high and to the side, though no cervical kicks, thank goodness. My midwives palpated transverse just a few days ago. Getting a little nervous now, as my midwives will gladly deliver breech vaginally, but prefer to do so in the hospital. The women's hospital here is lovely, but I really want a homebirth this time! 

But, baby is still flipping around painfully, so I'll just hang out on hands and knees as much as I can in the next week. The midwives said they don't really start to worry about presentation until 33 weeks. And I know that baby knows how to get where he/she needs to be. Crossing my fingers. 

Crafty, play-at-home mama to spirited 4 yo DD and zany 1 yo DS, living in an ecovillage in beautiful British Columbia. 
#71 of 89 Old 09-12-2011, 05:46 PM

I will be 33 weeks tomorrow and my baby is transverse. I was so happy and enjoying all the little kicks and hiccups right up until I found out he'd switched from head down to transverse. I keep feeling frustrated with him, like I have put all this effort into the pregnancy and here he is balking me by picking the one position in which he just can't come out.  Of course I'm doing inversions, sifting, and a half dozen other things, but so far he's just not budging. I am really worried. 

First baby due Oct/Nov 2011. Slowly finding my way...

#72 of 89 Old 09-12-2011, 08:47 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

33 weeks is still very early to be worried about a transverse baby.  It's VERY rare for a baby to stay transverse (1/2500), so the odds are that he'll turn head down soon enough.  Also, transverse presentation usually occurs in women who have had many babies (ie stretched out uterus).  I'm 30 weeks and my baby is still doing somersaults and is often transverse as well.  I'm not nearly worried yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmouse View Post

I will be 33 weeks tomorrow and my baby is transverse. I was so happy and enjoying all the little kicks and hiccups right up until I found out he'd switched from head down to transverse. I keep feeling frustrated with him, like I have put all this effort into the pregnancy and here he is balking me by picking the one position in which he just can't come out.  Of course I'm doing inversions, sifting, and a half dozen other things, but so far he's just not budging. I am really worried. 

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#73 of 89 Old 09-13-2011, 08:23 AM

I'm sure this little guy is head down and there to stay. His butt has been stationed on my left side for the last few days. stay stay stay

#74 of 89 Old 09-14-2011, 01:10 PM

I'm 32 weeks and I've had 3 ultrasounds in the last week (nonstress tests) and she's been head down, head up and transverse. Today I can feel kicks again up under my ribs, so I guess she's flipped again.

#75 of 89 Old 09-20-2011, 09:48 AM

I had been having a lot of worry about transverse because I've read it is more common in women who have a septate uterus, which I have. However, at my most recent prenatal he was vertex and low in the pelvis. Yay! This is what they said at the 30 week ultrasound too before he changed back to transverse, but now I'm 34, so I hope he just stays. When I walk around he feels like a bowling ball in my low belly.

First baby due Oct/Nov 2011. Slowly finding my way...

#76 of 89 Old 09-20-2011, 11:41 AM

I can't believe some of us November DDC mamas are already 34 weeks!  But then I remember than I'm already 32 weeks.  Our babies will be here so soon!  

#77 of 89 Old 09-20-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmouse View Post

I had been having a lot of worry about transverse because I've read it is more common in women who have a septate uterus, which I have. However, at my most recent prenatal he was vertex and low in the pelvis. Yay! This is what they said at the 30 week ultrasound too before he changed back to transverse, but now I'm 34, so I hope he just stays. When I walk around he feels like a bowling ball in my low belly.

I want a bowling ball in my pelvis! He keeps flipping and it's stressing me out!

#78 of 89 Old 09-20-2011, 04:05 PM

I had though my baby flipped head down in the past week and midwife confirmed today that he had! He's been breech the whole time until now. 30 weeks here.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#79 of 89 Old 09-20-2011, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

we've been head down for a few weeks over here, but i'm starting to stress over OP!! when i was preg with ds, i kept close tabs on position and he would often switch between lying on my right or left side, and occasionally would feel straight up OP. When that happened I would try to encourage him to turn by getting on hands and knees and doing some cat/cows or something. And he would be pretty cooperative about spinning around even if he did go back a few minutes later. This one though, ugh! I can almost never palpate a nice firm back! I feel a butt up high and a head down low and limbs up front. Occasionally I think I feel a little bit of back on one side or the other but its fleeting :/ Stepping up webster to weekly, and going to see if I can find the pump for my birth ball. I'm sure sitting on that instead of a regular chair would help too! I've experienced OP labor and OA labor.. and OP is not something I wish to repeat EVER! I was laughing at the peak of a contraction at  7cm with my good positioned baby. OP though.. uggghh.. garden variety active labor feels worse than transition!

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#80 of 89 Old 09-20-2011, 09:14 PM

OP labor with DS1 and I totally hear you.  I feel his back and side a lot this time- no limbs, thank goodness- so I'm hoping he stays that way.  The way I figure, I experienced the worst of the worst when it comes to labor pain- I had pitocin w/epidural for hours (then I got the epi before turning it off so I could push) with OP and excruciating back labor.  I should be good to go this time if all goes well!  Fingers crossed!  I hope your baby gets cozy in a good position sooner than later, or at least turns at the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLStar View Post

we've been head down for a few weeks over here, but i'm starting to stress over OP!! when i was preg with ds, i kept close tabs on position and he would often switch between lying on my right or left side, and occasionally would feel straight up OP. When that happened I would try to encourage him to turn by getting on hands and knees and doing some cat/cows or something. And he would be pretty cooperative about spinning around even if he did go back a few minutes later. This one though, ugh! I can almost never palpate a nice firm back! I feel a butt up high and a head down low and limbs up front. Occasionally I think I feel a little bit of back on one side or the other but its fleeting :/ Stepping up webster to weekly, and going to see if I can find the pump for my birth ball. I'm sure sitting on that instead of a regular chair would help too! I've experienced OP labor and OA labor.. and OP is not something I wish to repeat EVER! I was laughing at the peak of a contraction at  7cm with my good positioned baby. OP though.. uggghh.. garden variety active labor feels worse than transition!

#81 of 89 Old 09-27-2011, 10:05 PM

Baby turned a few days ago - had some very painful acrobatics going on inside then suddenly the hiccups were down low. Relieved. Baby's hanging out to the side and slightly anterior, but I sometimes feel feet too, so it seems baby likes to do the twist. DD did this too, and came out a model OA baby, so I'm not going to fret about that just yet. I'm just so happy we've got the head down. Though the midwives warned me that I have a "pendulous uterus" which means extra roomy, so that means it is possible for baby to turn back at this point. So I'm under strict orders to not do any kind of inversions at all in the next 6 weeks!

Crafty, play-at-home mama to spirited 4 yo DD and zany 1 yo DS, living in an ecovillage in beautiful British Columbia. 
#82 of 89 Old 09-28-2011, 07:52 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Hi ladies, please keep the conversation going over on the November DDC Social Group!  We will lose all these great threads when this forum closes shortly after the birth of our babies.  You can copy and paste the entire thread into a new post on the social group and pick up where you left off.  And please post new threads on the group so we don't lose them!  Thanks!

Here's the link to join the social group: http://www.mothering.com/community/groups/show/2/november-2011-ddc

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#83 of 89 Old 09-28-2011, 06:53 PM

I just C&Ped this whole thread over to the social group. Here is the link:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1331318/the-new-baby-position-thread

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#84 of 89 Old 09-30-2011, 06:31 PM

Im joining this thread. 

Im SUPER stressed about this babies position.  She was head down for 2 months, then a few days ago flipped over to breech.  I thought she had flipped back, but a visit to the chiro today proved that she is actually just keeping her feet higher- she is still very breech, and completely comfortable that way.

I had an adjustment today, and another on Wednesday.  The chiropractor i see specializes in pregnancy, and everyone I know swears she if anyone can help get this baby in position its her. 

She had a great point, that made me nervous- babies that don't flip, usually don't flip for a reason.  A reason that deserves to be listened to.  It is not a "norm".

Its been good food for thought.  But Im really just trying to relax for a few more weeks before I worry.

#85 of 89 Old 09-30-2011, 09:47 PM

I might be kind of a dunce asking this question, but when she says  that it's not normal for babies not to flip, does she just mean that when a baby doesn't flip head-down?  Or babies that don't flip around a lot in general?  My baby has been head down for weeks, no flipping, so I'm just curious if you could elaborate.  I'm thinking you mean if they don't flip head-down at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashley111 View Post

Im joining this thread. 

Im SUPER stressed about this babies position.  She was head down for 2 months, then a few days ago flipped over to breech.  I thought she had flipped back, but a visit to the chiro today proved that she is actually just keeping her feet higher- she is still very breech, and completely comfortable that way.

I had an adjustment today, and another on Wednesday.  The chiropractor i see specializes in pregnancy, and everyone I know swears she if anyone can help get this baby in position its her. 

She had a great point, that made me nervous- babies that don't flip, usually don't flip for a reason.  A reason that deserves to be listened to.  It is not a "norm".

Its been good food for thought.  But Im really just trying to relax for a few more weeks before I worry.

#86 of 89 Old 10-01-2011, 08:10 PM

I think what she meant was that its not "normal" for babies to not flip into the correct position before delivery time- and that usually if they are breech there is some sort of reason, whether it is one we understand or not.  It made sense to me- just understanding, and thinking about the fact that my body KNOWS what to do, so there must be a reason it is not doing it correctly at this point.  I try to believe that our bodies don't "fail" us even if we sometimes don't understand why things happen.  I think that is the point she as trying to make.

#87 of 89 Old 10-01-2011, 09:03 PM

I thought so, but thanks for clarifying!  Interesting way of thinking of it.  I like it :-)

#88 of 89 Old 10-04-2011, 08:06 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Three weeks with my chiropractor and my babe's head down! Woohoo! I would definitely recommend giving a chiro a try for those stubborn babies.

#89 of 89 Old 10-04-2011, 10:35 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

This thread is continued on the group... come on over!!!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page