miracle cure for heartburn! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-15-2011, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Crashing your DDC because it made my last pregnancy – and now this one – so much more enjoyable, and I just had to share. Please spread the word as heartburn is so painful and unnecessary.

After trying just about every cure, a friend told me about the miracle cure: sour green apples! The under ripe ones are the best – the sourer, the better. It sounds weird (after all they are so acidic, why would they help cure too much stomach acid?), but it works. And that they’re packed with vitamins and all natural doesn’t hurt either.

They’re in season now. I’m going to pick a whole box to store up for the months ahead in our cellar so I can enjoy the holidays heartburn free when I get really big. If you can’t find a tree in your neighborhood (don’t be shy to ask strangers for their apples; you’re pregnant, and you have your cravings, darn it!), try buying some quality apple cider vinegar. I found that mixing a tablespoon or two in a small glass of water was almost as helpful.

Hope this helps some of you. Happy pregnancies!

(35) Teacher, mother to DD '08 + triplets (identical boys and a girl) born at 36 weeks gestation in ´11.  Passions: gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, wild food gathering, reading, kayaking and more.

#2 of 4 Old 08-15-2011, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Thanks, I might try that! A few days ago I had horrible heartburn and I NEVER get heartburn. Even in late pregnancy, I'm more likely to have more a feeling that my food is trying to walk back up my esophagus.. ew! like throwing up in slow motion. unpleasant itself, but not an acidic/burning feeling. I have a couple trees loaded with nice sour unripe apples, lol.

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#3 of 4 Old 08-15-2011, 06:44 PM

Thank you!  We have a bunch of Lodi apples in our kitchen right now because apples are one of the few fruits DS likes (along with bananas, pears, and raisins) and I refuse to buy fruit from New Zealand in August!  Lol!  I will crack one open the next time I get heartburn. :)

#4 of 4 Old 08-16-2011, 08:12 AM

Sour green apples were the only thing that tamed my morning or rather all day sickness too.  I use Tissue salts for Heartburn, the most effective is Number 5: Kali Mur.  Used it before I got pregnant and during my pregnancy when I do have it in the house (haven't had in the house for a few months because I keep forgetting to buy it!) been a lifesaver for us.  My husband suffered from chronic heartburn, and tried everything on the market, he was ready to go onto prescription drugs for the heartburn, until we stumbled across this!!  This is all natural and cleared up his heartburn to the point where he rarely ever has it, he used to have it every day!!

"Kali mur (potassium chloride) helps cleanse colds, coughs and sinuses troubled by white mucus, as well as thrush, pimples, blisters or eruptions with white discharge. When marked by white spots, white discharge or a white coated tongue, Kali mur’s cleansing applications extend to a range of congestions including sore throats and oral or vaginal thrush, as well as sluggish digestive complaints including heartburn, acidity, gas, diarrhea and sick headaches."

The Tissue Salts (or Cell Salts) are prepared in a very dilute form, making them non-toxic and completely safe to use during pregnancy.  I even checked with my midwife to make sure - she studied to become a homeopath and right before the end of her studies changed over to become a midwife :)

luxlove.gif

http://novelstudies.org - My hubby's website for affordable novel-studies for kids.

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page