Where are you feeling baby's movements? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 08-15-2011, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I hope I'm not reposting a topic already covered here, I just wanted to ask other pg women at the same gestational point as me roughly, where you feel the majority of baby's movements?  I'm not one for perfect memory from one baby to the next (this is #8), I couldn't tell ya who kicked most where, but this one seems to kick low for the most part.  I do feel some movement higher up here or there, but mostly it's all below the belly button.  I'm 25 weeks tomorrow. 

How 'bout you guys?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 08-15-2011, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I feel a good portion of movement way up high on my stomach on each side and sometimes movement down low.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#3 of 17 Old 08-15-2011, 05:19 PM

I'm 28 weeks tomorrow and movement is strongest on the sides, more right than left and lots of little movements across the bottom. I didn't feel a flutter above my belly button before 24 weeks.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#4 of 17 Old 08-15-2011, 05:19 PM

I feel most movements low, too, and on my sides, because he really likes to hang out transverse. I feel the occasional movement down near my cervix or up in my ribs, but not often. I'm almost 26 weeks.

With my first, her feet were in my ribs from this point on. It was awful. My second tried desperately to get back to a breech position, and I could feel his head digging into my pelvis and the side of my uterus whenever he tried to flip, which was equally unpleasant. Hopefully this one flips, gets comfy, and stays that way without hurting me too badly!

Mom to blahblah.gifDD (5/07), diaper.gifDS1 (02/10)h20homebirth.gif and babyboy.gif DS2 (11/11)h20homebirth.gif !

#5 of 17 Old 08-15-2011, 06:10 PM

I feel most movements below the bellybutton too.  Last night when DH listened with our fetoscope, the baby's head was in my right pelvis and feet on the mid-left, butt about even with my navel. smile.gif

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

#6 of 17 Old 08-15-2011, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

This baby was transverse at the sono at 20 weeks, but that's the last I knew.  I've never been good at accessing where the baby is until closer to birth, but I've also never had a breech or transverse issue, babies were all head down anytime anyone checked, so...I'm just hoping this isn't an...issue. 

#7 of 17 Old 08-15-2011, 09:54 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I  feel it EVERYWHERE!  I swear this is the most active baby ever....  ha ha!  I dont think he has found a position that he likes yet, he has been breech, heads down, transverse, everywhere in there!  I hope he decides to stay heads down pretty soon here!

#8 of 17 Old 08-16-2011, 02:11 AM

All over! This one is still flipping all over the place in there, though! I know at one point I got kicked in my left ribs today, and also on my lower right side. I'm sure they were kicks vs punches because of the strength of them.

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#9 of 17 Old 08-16-2011, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Down low and in the middle(ish) mostly.  She's often moving around so sometimes I get kicked up high and sometimes in the bladder..

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#10 of 17 Old 08-22-2011, 05:50 AM

Until a couple of days ago, I felt almost all movement on either side, I think kicks on the left and everything else on the right.  Now, suddenly, I have a lot of (uncomfortable) movement against my cervix and big kicks etc happening high middle or ocasionally on the sides...I'd say she has turned head down...which is great, but yikes - 2 more months of this? I'm much more uncomfortable.  I have an ultrasound on Friday so we'll see for sure.  I'm 31 wks

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#11 of 17 Old 08-22-2011, 09:55 AM

I know this isn't a popular thing to say but baby movement is, IMO, the best and worst part of pregnancy.  I like feeling my babies move when I want to feel them move BUT I don't like the uncomfortable jabs... also kicks at night keep me awake so it bothers me Sheepish.gif Especially when baby gets bigger and the kicks are more powerful.  My DS1 moved like crazy right up until labor (he was ten days "late".... they say that movement slows down at the end when baby has less room but that was not at all the case with me.  He moved ALL NIGHT LONG the day before my induction greensad.gif ) 

I know some women miss feeling movement once baby is no longer in the womb... I'm not one of those women winky.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katico View Post

Until a couple of days ago, I felt almost all movement on either side, I think kicks on the left and everything else on the right.  Now, suddenly, I have a lot of (uncomfortable) movement against my cervix and big kicks etc happening high middle or ocasionally on the sides...I'd say she has turned head down...which is great, but yikes - 2 more months of this? I'm much more uncomfortable.  I have an ultrasound on Friday so we'll see for sure.  I'm 31 wks

#12 of 17 Old 08-22-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbk21 View Post

I know this isn't a popular thing to say but baby movement is, IMO, the best and worst part of pregnancy.  I like feeling my babies move when I want to feel them move BUT I don't like the uncomfortable jabs... also kicks at night keep me awake so it bothers me Sheepish.gif Especially when baby gets bigger and the kicks are more powerful.  My DS1 moved like crazy right up until labor (he was ten days "late".... they say that movement slows down at the end when baby has less room but that was not at all the case with me.  He moved ALL NIGHT LONG the day before my induction greensad.gif ) 

I know some women miss feeling movement once baby is no longer in the womb... I'm not one of those women winky.gif

Toooootally!

It's the sudden jabs to the cervix that take your breath away, and the dramatic turns and flips....uncomfortable!!!    

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#13 of 17 Old 08-22-2011, 01:09 PM

Ooooh my cervix.  The poor thing... This baby has been feet down most of the time and WOW does he ever like to dig a foot in my cervix.  Ouch :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katico View Post

Toooootally!

It's the sudden jabs to the cervix that take your breath away, and the dramatic turns and flips....uncomfortable!!!    

#14 of 17 Old 08-23-2011, 11:58 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Mostly on the sides right now, occasionally on my cervix.  I'm 26 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbk21 View Post

I know this isn't a popular thing to say but baby movement is, IMO, the best and worst part of pregnancy.  I like feeling my babies move when I want to feel them move BUT I don't like the uncomfortable jabs... also kicks at night keep me awake so it bothers me Sheepish.gif Especially when baby gets bigger and the kicks are more powerful.

This is totally me, too.  My SIL and MIL just ooo and ahhh about baby movements... "isn't it just the best feeling in the world?"  Um, no.  When they are tiny, it's okay if it's not keeping me up (which with this third pregnancy, nothing is keeping me up when I finally get to sleep).  But once they get strong and start jabbing and kicking at my ribs- no that's not fun. 

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#15 of 17 Old 08-23-2011, 06:01 PM

I know I'll be jinxing myself for saying this, but I'm at 30 wks and I haven't had any of those strong/painful kicks to my ribs and cervix... yet.  (Maybe my torso is long enough?)  Just a TON of those other-worldly rolls and kicks against my tummy and the occasional uncomfortable bump on my bladder. Today It did the longest gymnastics routine yet.  It (<--- who else votes for a better gender-neutral pronoun???) get's the most active when I lay on one side, like It's struggling to get back to the middle, poor baby.  And I have a feeling that it might still be head down, b/c I always feel Its hiccups down there.  I think I'm going to miss all this when it's over shy.gif

om.gif married to my best friend guitar.gif; Proud mama of one fine boy! diaper.gif  ribboncesarean.gif;  stork-suprise.gif 4/14 Hoping for a vbac.gif

#16 of 17 Old 08-23-2011, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

I'm 27 weeks and haven't gotten any painful kicks yet.  Really things didn't get too bad in my other pregnancies until the last few weeks (when it felt like a foot was under my ribs).  Mostly I just love the little kicks and rolls and enjoy each moment of it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caracol8 View Post

I know I'll be jinxing myself for saying this, but I'm at 30 wks and I haven't had any of those strong/painful kicks to my ribs and cervix... yet.  (Maybe my torso is long enough?)  Just a TON of those other-worldly rolls and kicks against my tummy and the occasional uncomfortable bump on my bladder. Today It did the longest gymnastics routine yet.  It (<--- who else votes for a better gender-neutral pronoun???) get's the most active when I lay on one side, like It's struggling to get back to the middle, poor baby.  And I have a feeling that it might still be head down, b/c I always feel Its hiccups down there.  I think I'm going to miss all this when it's over shy.gif

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#17 of 17 Old 08-23-2011, 11:01 PM

I often joke about our "octopus baby" who can seemingly kick in 9 places at once. Because I had an anterior placenta with my first baby. this one feels SO much more active. I'm feeling the same kinds of movements now, at 29 weeks, that I was at almost full term with DD. At last midwives appt, this baby was head down, but the other day I felt it flip around breech, but I'm pretty sure things have settled back to head down. Does anyone else get the butt-push? DD used to do it too - push her bum WAY out, stretching and distorting my tummy in a funny way. Usually on the left side for me. 

The bum-stretch was the worst of the movements for me with DD (that and the occasion cervix-clawing) so I'm a little concerned about this one - I have never experienced the painful rib-jabs or sleepless nights of movement, but with this tiny dancer inside, I'm sure I'm in for something more. 

Crafty, play-at-home mama to spirited 4 yo DD and zany 1 yo DS, living in an ecovillage in beautiful British Columbia. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page