Anyone know their baby's position? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-15-2011, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had my 26 week appt. last week and she felt the head at the bottom. He's not in the canal, or engaged, or what have you, his head is just down there. wondering if anyone else's mw/doctor has felt where there baby is positioned?

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2011, 03:08 AM

I doubt my doctor will palpate unless I specifically ask him to. He's very hands off, and knows I'm planning to birth at home. I'll likely ask as we get closer to term, though, because I am not comfortable planning an unassisted breech birth, and he's one of the few doctor's in the area that attends vaginal breech births in the hospital.

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
Old 08-16-2011, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

Sounds like a plan. My MW just happened to feel his head while she was measuring me. She wasn't rough at all, but just felt it when she placed the measuring tape down there. smile.gif

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

Old 08-16-2011, 08:04 AM

When my MW listens to heartbeat, she always checks position first. No need to be searching all over with the fetoscope or over exposing with doppler. He was head down last Tuesday but is all over the place. I almost always know what position he is in based on the shape of my belly and the feel. What I can't distinguish between body parts! Babies don't usually settle until 34-36 weeks in a birth position and even then, they still can flip around. I don't concern about position anymore! My first was posterior and ascynclitic, my second breech, who knows about this one! Either way, birthing at home is my plan! I did the others!

Old 08-16-2011, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

At my last appointment my midwife felt my stomach then put the doppler on a the spot for the heartbeat. Which was on the right side of my stomach.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 08-16-2011, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

My baby is pretty much breech and transverse.  I get kicked in the lower middle of my stomach (right above my pubic bone.  Sometimes I get kicked up high and sometimes in the bladder.  I think she's still doing many somersaults in there..  ;)

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!

User Tag List