delete - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 08-15-2011, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

d

#2 of 15 Old 08-16-2011, 02:12 AM

My asthma has had me not breathing well for a couple months now anyway. But since getting on the proper preventative meds for that, it's improved. Just getting harder to get those nice deep belly breaths in as my lungs are running out of room for sure!

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#3 of 15 Old 08-16-2011, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

d

#4 of 15 Old 08-16-2011, 07:05 PM

I get short of breath pretty easily now, especially if I'm hunching forward instead of sitting up straight or leaning back. I find myself leaning back a lot lately so I can take a deep breath. I really don't remember when it started with my first, but everything seems to happen sooner with this one than it did with her. Although it could just seem like that, time is just flying by this time!

I have a pretty short torso too, so I imagine that has a lot to do with it.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#5 of 15 Old 08-17-2011, 05:05 AM

Definitely!  30 wks, here, and the last week or so I have found it hard to climb the steps or even sing a song to DD sometimes! I am definitely not looking forward to this getting worse as baby grows!

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#6 of 15 Old 08-17-2011, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm going through the same thing, I'll be 29 weeks on Friday and I have the WORST time with stairs!  I feel like an invalid!

Katie, married to my beloved Paddy

Catherine Anne "KJ" born November 10th, 2011

#7 of 15 Old 08-17-2011, 11:38 AM

I started feeling short of breath around 20 weeks...kinda like I wasn't getting enough oxygen (a very disconcerting feeling when you are pregnant)....it still happens to me now and again, especially if I am under stress or rushed...sometimes after I eat too...

I guess its not gonna get any better! 

Spending my days with my precious son, the greatest blessing in my life - appropriatley born on Thanksgiving day

​looking forward to when I can sleep more than a 2 or 3 hour stretch on a consistent basis!

#8 of 15 Old 08-17-2011, 05:05 PM

I've been having problems with being winded very easily for about the past month.

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
#9 of 15 Old 08-17-2011, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

d

#10 of 15 Old 08-18-2011, 06:40 AM

Me! I can't walk up my stairs without breathing like a chain smoker. It's bad. Bending over does it, too.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#11 of 15 Old 08-18-2011, 06:02 PM

Same here.  I've been feeling so down on myself because I really want to get better about walking everyday now that I have 11 weeks (<--- Aaaah!) to go. I just can't walk for very long or at steep inclines. And the summer heat! Gah!  And now bending down or over leaves me winded.  faint.gif

om.gif married to my best friend guitar.gif; Proud mama of one fine boy! diaper.gif  ribboncesarean.gif;  stork-suprise.gif 4/14 Hoping for a vbac.gif

#12 of 15 Old 08-18-2011, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

d

#13 of 15 Old 08-19-2011, 10:30 PM

Thanks for the advice!

om.gif married to my best friend guitar.gif; Proud mama of one fine boy! diaper.gif  ribboncesarean.gif;  stork-suprise.gif 4/14 Hoping for a vbac.gif

#14 of 15 Old 08-23-2011, 11:14 PM

My midwives told me that the shortness of breath also has to do with your blood volume increasing - since your body makes plasma faster than it makes red blood cells, your blood can be more dilute at some times than others while it waits for the red blood cells to catch up. So your blood is less efficient and hence feeling short of breath. This seems to be my problem, since I've had shortness of breath almost from the very beginning (and I appear to have a roomy torso - when I lie on my back, it almost looks like I'm not pregnant!) 

I'm taking a blood-building iron supplement now (very low iron stores) but to be honest I haven't noticed a difference in the shortness of breath or energy levels. Otherwise, I just take it easy. 

Crafty, play-at-home mama to spirited 4 yo DD and zany 1 yo DS, living in an ecovillage in beautiful British Columbia. 
#15 of 15 Old 08-23-2011, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayPea View Post

My midwives told me that the shortness of breath also has to do with your blood volume increasing - since your body makes plasma faster than it makes red blood cells, your blood can be more dilute at some times than others while it waits for the red blood cells to catch up. So your blood is less efficient and hence feeling short of breath. This seems to be my problem, since I've had shortness of breath almost from the very beginning (and I appear to have a roomy torso - when I lie on my back, it almost looks like I'm not pregnant!) 

I'm taking a blood-building iron supplement now (very low iron stores) but to be honest I haven't noticed a difference in the shortness of breath or energy levels. Otherwise, I just take it easy. 

Thank you for sharing!  I did not know that!  But now that you say that, it does make sense!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page