Halloween Costumes!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 08-25-2011, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Alright, I know it's not quite that time yet, but with school starting I've got it on my mind!  Are you dressing up your bump for Halloween?!  If so, what are you doing? 

With my daughter I was only 3 months pregnant and didn't have anyone to trick-or-treat with so I didn't do anything, but I'm hoping to do something fun this year because I will be a whopping 37 weeks!  My daughter is thinking she wants to be a cat so I thought maybe it would be cute if I went as a fishbowl, ideally with belly painting if the weather permits (being that we are in Seattle)...  =)

#2 of 28 Old 08-25-2011, 08:52 PM

fishbowl! love that.  I hadn't thought of it but what a great idea.

The only halloween-ish thing I've been planning to do is Thrill Portland (a flash mob of sorts that performs MJ's Thriller).  I was a dancer for 14 years so I'm excited to "perform" again.... at 8.5 months pregnant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersbyjasmin View Post

Alright, I know it's not quite that time yet, but with school starting I've got it on my mind!  Are you dressing up your bump for Halloween?!  If so, what are you doing? 

With my daughter I was only 3 months pregnant and didn't have anyone to trick-or-treat with so I didn't do anything, but I'm hoping to do something fun this year because I will be a whopping 37 weeks!  My daughter is thinking she wants to be a cat so I thought maybe it would be cute if I went as a fishbowl, ideally with belly painting if the weather permits (being that we are in Seattle)...  =)

#3 of 28 Old 08-25-2011, 09:53 PM

I LOVE the fishbowl idea!  If I were ambitious I'd try to make a pea pod with my tummy in the middle.  Just typing that out makes me realize how difficult that would be headscratch.gif I'm due the day after Halloween! My plan B is to just dress up as a badass pregnant pirate captain.  Or if it's really last minute I'll be an umlaut Ö

om.gif married to my best friend guitar.gif; Proud mama of one fine boy! diaper.gif  ribboncesarean.gif;  stork-suprise.gif 4/14 Hoping for a vbac.gif

#4 of 28 Old 08-25-2011, 11:20 PM

Considering how difficult this pregnancy has been AND given the fact that with my birth history, a spontaneous labor at 36w5d isn't unheard of, whatever our plans are, they'll include staying close to home. Probably just trick-or-treating our neighborhood. I'll likely just wear a shirt with a jack-o-lantern face drawn on the belly. Or something equally as boring. I have to get my kids to narrow their costume choices down in the next week or so and start on their costumes. I can't even think about potentially dressing up until I have theirs figured out and made!

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#5 of 28 Old 08-26-2011, 05:27 AM

ddcc from october...due the 25th, but with both last ones I was 2 weeks over....lol

...so I may very well still be pregnant at Halloween :)

I loved seeing decorated bump pictures...we usually have snow here, but I might paint the belly for an indoor party ;)

love the fish bowl idea....too cute....and def too ambitious for me!

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#6 of 28 Old 08-26-2011, 05:43 AM

I'm REALLY wanting to be Juno for Halloween. lol It'll be fun.

#7 of 28 Old 08-26-2011, 06:33 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwannaBanRN View Post

I'm REALLY wanting to be Juno for Halloween. lol It'll be fun.

OMgosh!  I'm going to have to copy you!  I literally just watched this movie yesterday.  I could totally pull her off.  I just need some grunge clothing.  Too bad I got rid of all my Seattle independent rock gear in 1997.  lol.gif

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#8 of 28 Old 08-26-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

OMgosh!  I'm going to have to copy you!  I literally just watched this movie yesterday.  I could totally pull her off.  I just need some grunge clothing.  Too bad I got rid of all my Seattle independent rock gear in 1997.  lol.gif

LMAO You can get the costume online somewhere and if DH looks kinda tall and lanky, he can be her boyfriend Paulie. haha

#9 of 28 Old 08-26-2011, 06:50 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

With my first I was about 7 months pregnant and went as a pregnant PlayBoy Bunny.  Dh was Hugh Hefner.  With my second I was about 7.5 months pregnant and went as a pumpkin.  I just wore maternity pants and an orange shirt with a jack-o-lantern face on it.  People seemed more impressed by that costume than my much more creative Bunny costume.  Oh well. 

As for festivities, I went to a party the first time since I didn't have any kids.  The second time we went out trick-or-treating with my nearly 2.5 year old in a local neighborhood where we didn't have to walk far to get to houses.  Baltimore is great for that- rowhouses and all! 

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#10 of 28 Old 08-26-2011, 12:33 PM

ROTFLMAO.gif  An umlaut. Awesome.

My husband is dead set on dressing up as one of the characters from the show Sons of Anarchy. I'm going to be about 38 weeks along by then. So assuming I'm not otherwise indisposed...I'll maybe just slap on a couple temporary tattoos, tease my hair a bit, and be his "old lady."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caracol8 View Post

I LOVE the fishbowl idea!  If I were ambitious I'd try to make a pea pod with my tummy in the middle.  Just typing that out makes me realize how difficult that would be headscratch.gif I'm due the day after Halloween! My plan B is to just dress up as a badass pregnant pirate captain.  Or if it's really last minute I'll be an umlaut Ö

#11 of 28 Old 08-26-2011, 01:08 PM

What the hell is an umlaut? I tried googling images of an umlaut, and things popped up from midieval people to rock bands. lol

#12 of 28 Old 08-26-2011, 01:15 PM

the two dots over vowels in some languages (german, for instance.)  

1. Ä ä Ë ë Ï ï Ö ö Ü ü Ÿ ÿ

Quote:

What the hell is an umlaut? I tried googling images of an umlaut, and things popped up from midieval people to rock bands. lol

#13 of 28 Old 08-26-2011, 01:22 PM

Oh..........How do you go as that for halloween? headscratch.gif lol

#14 of 28 Old 08-26-2011, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Just wear a white shirt with a big black dot over each boob and a black circle around your belly  ;)

I am loving all of these ideas!  Halloween really brings out my creative side, although I rarely follow through....hoping to this year though!

#15 of 28 Old 08-26-2011, 01:35 PM

i've decided to be Quinn from Glee. I'm going to make a simple pleated skirt (i've done it before when I was a spartan cheerleader) and just decorate a white non-maternity sweatshirt to look like a cheerios uniform. I know she was kicked off the squad one she started showing, but I don't care. I even have some red and white striped socks to wear, like the ones the Cheerios wore at xmas.

I think I will be too pregnant to bother with trick-or-treating, so I think i'll have a little costume party the night before Halloween, then let someone else take my son on Halloween night.

Rachel, massage therapist and single mom :to Keanu 7/29/04 and Juniper 11/18/11!  Lovingfemalesling.GIFcd.gifnamaste.giflactivist.gifgd.giffambedsingle1.gif

#16 of 28 Old 08-26-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersbyjasmin View Post

Just wear a white shirt with a big black dot over each boob and a black circle around your belly  ;)

I am loving all of these ideas!  Halloween really brings out my creative side, although I rarely follow through....hoping to this year though!

PASTIES!!!!!! lol.gif

#17 of 28 Old 08-26-2011, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
PASTIES!!!!!! lol.gif

Haha!  Sure, if you live somewhere warm!!!  orngbiggrin.gif

#18 of 28 Old 08-26-2011, 10:11 PM

ROTFLMAO.gifYour responses cracked me up!  Yeah I was definitely thinking of the white shirt with a black circle around my belly and black dots on my boobs.  But pasties... hmmmm...  Maybe for DH at the end of the night Sheepish.gif

om.gif married to my best friend guitar.gif; Proud mama of one fine boy! diaper.gif  ribboncesarean.gif;  stork-suprise.gif 4/14 Hoping for a vbac.gif

#19 of 28 Old 08-27-2011, 06:19 PM

Providing I make it to Halloween, here's the costume I was thinking about...

http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/10/our-last-minute-adult-costumes.html

Jen - married to my superhero.gif, mama to DD (19), DD (17), DS (13), DSD (13), DS (8), forever missing my Hannah Grace candle.gif born still at 18 weeks, now on bedrest and expecting our miracle rainbow1284.gif in November.

#20 of 28 Old 08-27-2011, 07:16 PM

Hmmm.... my previous post is showing up blank for me.  headscratch.gif 

If I make it to Halloween, here's what I'm thinking about doing...

http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/10/our-last-minute-adult-costumes.html

Jen - married to my superhero.gif, mama to DD (19), DD (17), DS (13), DSD (13), DS (8), forever missing my Hannah Grace candle.gif born still at 18 weeks, now on bedrest and expecting our miracle rainbow1284.gif in November.

#21 of 28 Old 08-27-2011, 09:34 PM

Because we're moving in a few weeks, then unpacking and everything. I'm focusing on DDs costume and had to let the dream of a bump costume go, as much as I'd like to do it. I love costumes. DD insists that she's going to be a fairy, though I was hoping to get one more year where I got to choose her costume. Oh well. 

Crafty, play-at-home mama to spirited 4 yo DD and zany 1 yo DS, living in an ecovillage in beautiful British Columbia. 
#22 of 28 Old 08-28-2011, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I think that I might go as The Grinch this year.  My DD looks just like Cindy-Lou Who, so we might have a theme this year.  I figure that The Grinch has a big gut, so it'll work.  :)

Two years ago I was a martini glass, my dh was a vodka bottle and my DD was an olive (her name is Olivine).

Last year our whole family went as barn yard animals. 

We seem to like themes.  Ha ha.

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11.  We are planning our next adventure to South America in April 2014!
#23 of 28 Old 08-28-2011, 11:12 AM

we like themes, too, and we were barnyard animals last year as well!  

Hubby could pull off Dwight Shrute if he let his hair get a little shaggy, but if I'm pregnant it'd make more sense for him to be Jim and me to be Pam (if you watch The Office, did you see that Pam is coming back prego this season with baby #2? then DS1 could be their first child.... it'd be great....)  Sigh, I don't know...

I like the fishbowl idea, but does anyone have ideas for DS1 and DH then?  The only thing I thought of was like the Cat in the Hat with that fish but they can't be thing1 and thing2, right?  maybe hubbs could be the Cat and DS could be.... I don't know. :-/

These sites have some good ideas.  

http://www.pregnantchicken.com/pregnant-chicken-blog/2010/10/5/25-pregnancy-halloween-costume-ideas.html

http://www.mamablogga.com/pregnancy-and-maternity-costumes/

#24 of 28 Old 08-28-2011, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes.com/coolest-homemade-babys-first-halloween-costume-20.html

This one is great!  Ha ha.

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11.  We are planning our next adventure to South America in April 2014!
#25 of 28 Old 08-29-2011, 02:13 PM

I have RenFaire garb and bellydance stuff.  Guess I'll just have to abandon the corset--LOL!

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#26 of 28 Old 08-30-2011, 04:07 PM

:( These all crack me up and I wish I could plan to do one, but with a November 1st date, it's hard to plan that I will still be pregnant for Halloween. I actually bought two little onesie Halloween costumes in case Little B does decide to make an appearance before his due date.

Morgan. Single mama to DS (10/27/11) fambedsingle1.gif bfinfant.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

www.facebook.com/gnomegrowncreations

#27 of 28 Old 08-30-2011, 04:52 PM

I would plan on it!  It would give you something to look forward to doing, but if you don't get to dress up then at least you'll be holding your baby!  I'm a second-timer and I was just sitting around waiting for baby with my DS.... it was boring and aggravating.  I wish I had planned some date nights with hubby to keep me occupied.  Many first pregnancies last 8 days on average past the due date, so I'd plan something each day during those weeks around your EDD just in case ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meb2 View Post

:( These all crack me up and I wish I could plan to do one, but with a November 1st date, it's hard to plan that I will still be pregnant for Halloween. I actually bought two little onesie Halloween costumes in case Little B does decide to make an appearance before his due date.

#28 of 28 Old 09-01-2011, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbk21 View Post

I would plan on it!  It would give you something to look forward to doing, but if you don't get to dress up then at least you'll be holding your baby!  I'm a second-timer and I was just sitting around waiting for baby with my DS.... it was boring and aggravating.  I wish I had planned some date nights with hubby to keep me occupied.  Many first pregnancies last 8 days on average past the due date, so I'd plan something each day during those weeks around your EDD just in case ;-)

yeahthat.gif

Also, I loved the idea that was suggested about making it the fish in the fish bowl from the Cat in the Hat!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page