Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

#122 of 127 Old 09-08-2011, 09:01 PM

Thanks, Julie hug2.gif

I think I've got GD, as well. I refused the test, but I've been monitoring my glucose levels with a monitor at home and if I eat any more than a few carbs my BG goes sky high. 

November can't come soon enough, I think!! lol.gif

#123 of 127 Old 09-08-2011, 09:57 PM

Oh dear, I feel for you!  GD testing is the WORST.  I've been doing it for a week and I still think it's painful (wimp- right here) and annoying.  I'm testing to nail down a diagnosis though- so hopefully by end of day tomorrow I'll know if I have GD or not....

Bed rest is terrible- I was only on it for a couple of days (preterm labor scare) with DS1, but ugh.  Boring.  At least you got to get out of the house?  Will you be on bedrest for the duration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam_bat_avraham View Post

Luna, I feel for you... I just found out I have "borderline BP" and protein in my urine, AND I have GD now, too :( So I'll probably be where you're at at some point. Please keep us updated on how you're doing and hang in there! stillheart.gif

So on that front... yup, that's what I've been up to for the past few days! "Bed rest," which apparently means "two doctor's appointments a day with absolutely no resting involved as you trek from office to office." Blah! But now, hopefully, that's over with for a while and we'll get my office visits streamlined.

I'm also doing a glucose monitor four times a day. Hate it, but getting better at it.

Otherwise, bed rest is boring. lol.

#124 of 127 Old 09-09-2011, 05:53 AM

Julie and Luna, I'm sorry about the GD. That's gotta be super stressful. Especially the bedrest. I drove myself insane when I was put on moderate bedrest with my first because my OB didn't like how low he was sitting at 35 weeks. In fact, I'm driving myself insane over this baby possibly being breech. I get so scared, thinking he'll be breech and I'll decide to birth at home anyway and he gets stuck when he's halfway out with no way to extract him. I want this time to be peaceful and enjoy it because it's the last time I'll be pregnant, and I'm spending all my time worrying wether or not his bum is gonna come out or his head.

#125 of 127 Old 09-09-2011, 08:01 AM

#126 of 127 Old 09-09-2011, 09:36 AM

Yes, Julie - are you on bedrest for the rest of your pregnancy? What are you doing to entertain yourself? I'm on moderate bedrest for the swelling and BP, but I'm also getting bored! And I don't have cable...!! greensad.gif

#127 of 127 Old 09-09-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam_bat_avraham View Post

Becky, that's a legit concern if you'll be birthing by yourself at home! <3

ETA: Clarification-- I originally read your comment as "and here I am, just worried about this." Then I re-read and saw how you meant it, and realized my comment probably sounds like "unassisted birth is dangerous!" which wasn't what I meant. Sorry about that!

lol Julie, no worries. I know snark or sarcasm or a condescending comment when I hear it and I heard nothing of the sort. :D

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page