How do you delete your account? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-02-2011, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I realized that if my clients google my business name they'll also see these forums which feels a little invasive, I hadn't considered that before...anyone have any idea how to delete the account?  I know that if it is deleted it changes all of my previous posts to "a former member"....help!

#2 of 7 Old 09-02-2011, 08:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

There used to be a way to pay for a name change, but I'm not sure if that is still possible, or involves money.  And I don't know if you can still go in and delete sensitive details, but that might be your best bet.   I googled your user name and in the first 3 pages I didn't see any MDC posts.  If I google your username and MDC I do see them on the first page.  

I found this in another thread:

[quote]Username Changes
If you later wish to change your username you may do so for a fee of $2.50 and which can be paid through Paypal tomdcadvertising@mothering.com In the Notes section of the Paypal payment window please include your current username and your requested new username. Your posts, post count, and iTrader reviews do not change. The only thing that changes is your display name.[/quote]

jasmin85 likes this.
#3 of 7 Old 09-02-2011, 08:38 PM

It seems that if it doesn't delete your posts, then it's not worth it, right?  I'd just leave it, since it doesn't come up immediately in a google search.  

#4 of 7 Old 09-02-2011, 09:08 PM

if you wanting more info on your options i suggest PMing a moderator. i understand wanting to keep MDC separate from your work

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#5 of 7 Old 09-03-2011, 12:20 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Email Cynthia Mosher (cynthiam@mothering.com).  She can change your name for you if it is deemed a good enough reason and she responds to messages very quickly.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#6 of 7 Old 09-03-2011, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone!

#7 of 7 Old 09-04-2011, 11:12 AM

Yay it must have worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmin85 View Post

Thanks everyone!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page