Baby Name Roll Call - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 51 Old 09-06-2011, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I love Silas Robert.....but DS1 is William Robert. My DH is Robert, too! I really like Vaughan, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuck22 View Post

Silas Robert Garfield

DH is Robert Garfield, the names go back quite a ways on his side so we kept it going.  DH and his brothers have very old fashioned and kind of southern middle names.  Vaughan, Dewey, Maynard, and Garfield.

I love John, it's so classic and goes with pretty much anything.

Mom to blahblah.gifDD (5/07), diaper.gifDS1 (02/10)h20homebirth.gif and babyboy.gif DS2 (11/11)h20homebirth.gif !

#32 of 51 Old 09-08-2011, 07:15 AM

Our son's name will be Enoch Noble Grandison. :)

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#33 of 51 Old 09-08-2011, 09:04 AM

I think we've settled on Cormac Alan or Lily Susan.  smile.gif

#34 of 51 Old 09-08-2011, 12:59 PM

Anya Kathryn

~Sarah

treehugger.gif  trekkie.gifcat.gifcarrot.gif
Mom to Vala ribboncesarean.gif 5/09, Anya hbac.gif 11/11, & one on the way 12/13

Check out my blog- http://healingcesareanscars.blogspot.com/

#35 of 51 Old 09-09-2011, 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdhappy85 View Post

We're naming our daughter Sora. It's Japanese for "sky" (hubby is 1/4 Japanese). It's also a type of bird, and I'm obsessed with birds, so we LOVE the meaning and sound of it! biggrinbounce.gif

Love the name Sora! Love that it plays to your husbands heritage as well! Very neat!

Spending my days with my precious son, the greatest blessing in my life - appropriatley born on Thanksgiving day

​looking forward to when I can sleep more than a 2 or 3 hour stretch on a consistent basis!

#36 of 51 Old 09-09-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meesh933 View Post

If you've decided on names, what are you going with? We are still undecided (and honestly, probably will be until we meet him) and I was looking for inspiration!

Meesh933

I agree with you on waiting until we meet the baby....I kinda wanna see his little face before we make it 100% official....plus it keeps us from having to hear people's opinions too much :)

So far the only name both my husband and I like it: Alexander Luca for now we refer to our baby boy as "Lele" its kinda a brazilian nick-name (I'm brazilian :)

I find myself very defensive though, I want him to be referred to by either, Alexander, Luca or Lele....not a big fan of Alex, Zander, etc.... But at the end of the day I want our son to have the name we like....regardless of what people will call him...I guess you can't really control that!

Spending my days with my precious son, the greatest blessing in my life - appropriatley born on Thanksgiving day

​looking forward to when I can sleep more than a 2 or 3 hour stretch on a consistent basis!

#37 of 51 Old 09-09-2011, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

For a girl we're going with Autumn.  Probably Autumn Rain.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Rain as a middle name!  I tried to convince DH to name our daughter Mikael Rain but he was set on Grace, so she ended up Grace Mikael.

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#38 of 51 Old 09-09-2011, 07:57 PM

I like the combo of Emma Catherine--but I think it sounds....kinda trendy.  Catherine is my very best friend who recently moved away, and Emma is my mom's name (who passed away the day of my LMP..)  However, my mom hated her name!  So I dunno.

My epic name that I've always loved but never gotten to use is Delilah.  Maybe this is the time to use it!  

I haven't given a lick of thought to boy names....!  See how much we run on intuition around here??  =)

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#39 of 51 Old 09-09-2011, 09:24 PM

hug2.gif Going off topic- but my dad's funeral was the day of my LMP.  He died 4 days prior.  Hugs, mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal323 View Post

I like the combo of Emma Catherine--but I think it sounds....kinda trendy.  Catherine is my very best friend who recently moved away, and Emma is my mom's name (who passed away the day of my LMP..)  However, my mom hated her name!  So I dunno.

My epic name that I've always loved but never gotten to use is Delilah.  Maybe this is the time to use it!  

I haven't given a lick of thought to boy names....!  See how much we run on intuition around here??  =)

#40 of 51 Old 09-11-2011, 11:27 AM

We are so far from deciding. 

If it's a girl, my latest favourites are Una and Juniper. I really like Lilah, which was my grandmother's name, but it's just too common for hubs. I also have been liking Anneli and Kaisa. 

For a boy, we were really set on Oren the first time around, but now we are going back and forth between Oren and Linus. 

Either way, the baby will have two middle names, one from each side of the family, like big sister Mirabel.  We're going to wait until we meet this one before deciding. 

Crafty, play-at-home mama to spirited 4 yo DD and zany 1 yo DS, living in an ecovillage in beautiful British Columbia. 
#41 of 51 Old 09-11-2011, 01:22 PM

I think Juniper sounds beautiful with Mirabel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayPea View Post

We are so far from deciding. 

If it's a girl, my latest favourites are Una and Juniper. I really like Lilah, which was my grandmother's name, but it's just too common for hubs. I also have been liking Anneli and Kaisa. 

For a boy, we were really set on Oren the first time around, but now we are going back and forth between Oren and Linus. 

Either way, the baby will have two middle names, one from each side of the family, like big sister Mirabel.  We're going to wait until we meet this one before deciding. 

#42 of 51 Old 09-20-2011, 02:02 PM

I think we're going with Aria Sage for this little girls name. However I've had multiple people tell me that I look like I'm carrying a boy. And every single baby dream I've had has been with a boy. So who knows, ultrasounds can be wrong but I know I saw the 3 little lines on there! If it ended up being a boy, I do like Biblical names. Maybe Samson, Solomon or Josiah. But I would be using my husbands middle name (Zavala) because it's a unique family name we'd like to keep going.

I love all of the names you all have chosen smile.gif

treehugger.gif wife (30) to DH (30) and mother todust.gif Maia Solis  waterbirth.jpg (8-29-07) and hearts.gifAria Rain  (11-13-11). Expecting baby #3 at the beginning of May 2014.

lactivist.gif     bfinfant.gif    saynovax.gif    femalesling.GIF      cd.gif    toddler.gif  

#43 of 51 Old 09-21-2011, 09:24 AM

We are still very, very stuck. Coming up with a 4th boy, family name is impossible. What do you all think of Jensen? My others are William, Christopher and Jack. I don't think it really goes but hubby loves it and I like it okay. We have very few options that we could be happy with. :( But we won't decide for sure until we see the kid's face.

Mom to three crazy boys, a roly poly baby boy, and one on the way! stork-boy.gif

#44 of 51 Old 09-21-2011, 10:03 AM

I think Jensen sounds great with those other names as well.  

#45 of 51 Old 09-21-2011, 12:58 PM

Jensen is a great name! But yeah, coming up with a middle name that goes can sometimes be tricky.

treehugger.gif wife (30) to DH (30) and mother todust.gif Maia Solis  waterbirth.jpg (8-29-07) and hearts.gifAria Rain  (11-13-11). Expecting baby #3 at the beginning of May 2014.

lactivist.gif     bfinfant.gif    saynovax.gif    femalesling.GIF      cd.gif    toddler.gif  

#46 of 51 Old 09-22-2011, 10:16 AM

I just cut and pasted this thread into the Social Group, so now we can continue it over there. :) 

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1330565/baby-name-roll-call

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#47 of 51 Old 09-23-2011, 11:50 AM

If we have a girl, she will be Violet Elizabeth Mary....or Hayley. :) If we have a boy, he will be Emerson Peter. Boy names have been harder for us to come up with. I also like Jamie (sounds sweet and cute, or else I have watched too much One Tree Hill). I also liked Felix but got negative responses for that choice.

belly.gifTeresa, wife of Chris, mom to be 11/11/2011.2ndtri.gif neg.gifFound out 03/20/11 and it was the best moment in our lives!  Always in our hearts, 01/01/2010angel.gif (8 weeks)rainbow1284.gif

dust.gifCounting down!!!***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif**baby.gif

#48 of 51 Old 09-24-2011, 08:32 PM

Our moms don't even know and I'm telling you all :)

So far Clea Bee

Clea I think is just really pretty and I'm a Lawerence Durrell fan (has a book with that name). Bee is because I was trying to incorporate my aunt Linda Lee and DH's gma Beverly (both have passed). And I love bees.

#49 of 51 Old 09-24-2011, 08:48 PM

Clea Bee is so adorable!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flor View Post

Our moms don't even know and I'm telling you all :)

So far Clea Bee

Clea I think is just really pretty and I'm a Lawerence Durrell fan (has a book with that name). Bee is because I was trying to incorporate my aunt Linda Lee and DH's gma Beverly (both have passed). And I love bees.

Crafty, play-at-home mama to spirited 4 yo DD and zany 1 yo DS, living in an ecovillage in beautiful British Columbia. 
#50 of 51 Old 09-26-2011, 03:54 PM

Great names - I'm liking Jasper and Asher.

I guess I can reveal our baby name - we said we wouldn't tell anyone and we havn't....well DH doesn't know I told most of my best friends - whoops!

So her name will be Ocean Maria.

My husband text me Ocean before we even conceived and there was no debate. He is a huge water and ocean person and we both love to surf - done and done!

We have a surf tour business in Nicaragua, Central America and so I thought Maria was feminine with that perfect Latin twist.

#51 of 51 Old 09-28-2011, 07:57 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Hi ladies, please keep the conversation going over on the November DDC Social Group!  We will lose all these great threads when this forum closes shortly after the birth of our babies.  This thread has already been copied and pasted into a new thread on the social group, so come on over and join the conversation there!  And please post new threads on the group so we don't lose them!  Thanks!

Here's the link to join the social group: http://www.mothering.com/community/groups/show/2/november-2011-ddc

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page