Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   November 2011 (http://www.mothering.com/forum/16464-november-2011/)
-   -   Baby Name Roll Call (http://www.mothering.com/forum/16464-november-2011/1328367-baby-name-roll-call.html)

meesh933 09-03-2011 03:54 PM

If you've decided on names, what are you going with? We are still undecided (and honestly, probably will be until we meet him) and I was looking for inspiration!

Right now we are thinking about Silas, but not sure on a middle name. The only other boy names we like are Jack and Asher, but we don't love them. If he does come out a she, she will probably be Nora.

IwannaBanRN 09-03-2011 03:57 PM

I'm concrete on a first name. Dante, and I'm really debating using Grayson as a middle name, so Dante Grayson. :)

dashley111 09-03-2011 04:40 PM

I love the name Greyson! 

We are going with Bettie Grey.  Or Betty Grey...spelling not decided yet.

Abraisme 09-03-2011 05:00 PM

We've decided on Coralie Katherine.  My grandmother and my dh's grandmother are named Katherine (same spelling), so it's a good use of a family name. 

meesh933 09-03-2011 05:36 PM

I love Katherine! We would've probably used it as a middle name (spelled with a C) if this baby was a girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraisme View Post

We've decided on Coralie Katherine.  My grandmother and my dh's grandmother are named Katherine (same spelling), so it's a good use of a family name. 

IwannaBanRN 09-03-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashley111 View Post

I love the name Greyson! 

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep it as Grayson. At least I don't have to ask anyone's permission on a name. hehe

Lula's Mom 09-03-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashley111 View Post

I like Bettie, 'cause Bettie Page was awesome. winky.gif

jbk21 09-03-2011 08:24 PM

Dylan Timothy- Timothy was my father's name.  He passed away just before we got pregnant!

IwannaBanRN 09-04-2011 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbk21 View Post

Dylan Timothy- Timothy was my father's name.  He passed away just before we got pregnant!

hug2.gif

Mal85 09-04-2011 07:00 AM

We're going with Greta June. My top choice was Veda and DH chose the middle name. But Veda was the one name he begged me not to use and Greta was my favorite when we had Owyn, but DH chose Owyn. So, I went with that. June is DH's aunt's middle name. She never had any children of her own, so he wanted honor her in some way. 

If she happens to come out with a penis, the name would be Declan William.

BananaBreadGirl 09-04-2011 07:21 AM

I like all of those! I would love to use Asher, or Ezra but DH doesn't like those.

For a girl we've decided on Ada (with my middle name, which is also my mom's middle name, for her middle name).

We can't decide on a boy at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesh933 View Post

If you've decided on names, what are you going with? We are still undecided (and honestly, probably will be until we meet him) and I was looking for inspiration!

Right now we are thinking about Silas, but not sure on a middle name. The only other boy names we like are Jack and Asher, but we don't love them. If he does come out a she, she will probably be Nora.

dashley111 09-04-2011 09:12 AM

I love the name Veda!  That is awesome.

meesh933 09-04-2011 09:38 AM

I loooove Ezra! DH hates it. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaBreadGirl View Post

I like all of those! I would love to use Asher, or Ezra but DH doesn't like those.

For a girl we've decided on Ada (with my middle name, which is also my mom's middle name, for her middle name).

We can't decide on a boy at all!

birdhappy85 09-04-2011 09:39 AM

We're naming our daughter Sora. It's Japanese for "sky" (hubby is 1/4 Japanese). It's also a type of bird, and I'm obsessed with birds, so we LOVE the meaning and sound of it! biggrinbounce.gif

We're still deciding on a middle name, though. Here is what we're deciding between:

Meadow

Molly

Lee or Leigh

Angelina

Lux

We just came up with Meadow the other day and I think it might be our top choice! I never thought we'd go with such a nature/earth sounding name, but Sora Meadow just sounds so pretty and zen. smile.gif

I think we're going to keep our middle name choice to ourselves until the baby arrives so we have one surprise to tell our families. They keep asking us about middle names but every time I mention one to them, it loses it's luster and people kind of ruin it for us if they don't like it. So I'm happy to keep mum now!

LunaLady 09-04-2011 05:36 PM

We are set on a first name - Rhiko (pronounced Rye-ko). Not 100% on the spelling right now, but that spelling is our current favorite. We have a list of about 20 ways to spell it!

As for middle names we've really got no idea. Our short list includes Alistair, Alric, and Nolan (after my grandfather who died several years ago), but nothing really jumps out as perfect to us, yet. 

I do like the idea of keeping the middle name private until the little one arrives... I've already gotten so much flack for the 'weird' first name, so I'd like to avoid the grimaces with whatever middle name we pick.

meb2 09-04-2011 10:50 PM

Our baby is going to be Bryant the fourth... No middle name.

tank 09-05-2011 02:16 AM

Our little one is going to be Elliot Jackson.

Great name choices so far!  A lot of the names mentioned were on my list but either DP didn't like or they are girls names.

mommy2sage 09-05-2011 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdhappy85 View Post

We're naming our daughter Sora. It's Japanese for "sky" (hubby is 1/4 Japanese). It's also a type of bird, and I'm obsessed with birds, so we LOVE the meaning and sound of it! biggrinbounce.gif

We're still deciding on a middle name, though. Here is what we're deciding between:

Meadow

Molly

Lee or Leigh

Angelina

Lux

We just came up with Meadow the other day and I think it might be our top choice! I never thought we'd go with such a nature/earth sounding name, but Sora Meadow just sounds so pretty and zen. smile.gif

I think we're going to keep our middle name choice to ourselves until the baby arrives so we have one surprise to tell our families. They keep asking us about middle names but every time I mention one to them, it loses it's luster and people kind of ruin it for us if they don't like it. So I'm happy to keep mum now!

I love Sora Meadow! Sounds beautiful.

We decided that we are naming our son Storm Noonday.  The name really fits nice with Sage and Skye (our 6 and 4 year old).

talktomenow 09-05-2011 09:33 AM

Mal, I loooove Greta! Awesome name!

Our little guy is Jasper Conley. All of us were having brunch after the gender ultrasound and I started flipping through names. When I said Jasper, everyone loved it immediately. So it stuck! It's great that the girls had a part in naming him. Conley was my grandfather's name. 

Mal85 09-05-2011 09:52 AM

Jasper was a favorite boys name of mine for years! DH never liked it though. Apparently there's a power tool company or something with the same name. Not sure why that made him not like it, but it did. shrug.gif

Someone above said Silas. Another favorite of mine that DH never would go for! A good friend of mine actually asked me a while back if I was okay with her using it when they were naming their son. I asked DH if it was a name he could ever be swayed to use and he said No way, not ever. So, I gave my blessing for our friends to use it. Just last week, they were over with their Silas and DH turns to me and says "Silas is a pretty cool name!" I could have slapped him!! Of course it's only because now he knows someone with the name, but I was so annoyed!

Jaimee 09-05-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdhappy85 View Post

Meadow

Molly

Lee or Leigh

Angelina

Lux

I love peaceful, nature-y names too!  But for Sora, I like a one syllable middle name.  I personally wouldn't pick Lee or Leigh b/c they are SO popular, but Sora Lee does roll off the tongue nicely.  Sora Lux sounds a bit harsh to me... do you have any other one syllable contenders?

SoCaliMommy 09-05-2011 12:55 PM

We have a name picked out and will share after he's born.

birdhappy85 09-05-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

I love peaceful, nature-y names too!  But for Sora, I like a one syllable middle name.  I personally wouldn't pick Lee or Leigh b/c they are SO popular, but Sora Lee does roll off the tongue nicely.  Sora Lux sounds a bit harsh to me... do you have any other one syllable contenders?

Nope. We went through a bazillion names. I liked a lot more one-syllable names too but hubby didn't like them. "Lynn" was another middle name we toyed with but again, it's so popular... Our last name is kinda long too, three syllables. We'll see what we end up with!

2011mama 09-05-2011 07:53 PM

Mal, I'd have wanted to slap him too!

I think we're going with Savannah for a girl and we're really on the fence for a boy - either Sebastian or Nicholas.

starbuck22 09-06-2011 07:49 AM

Loving all the names! 

Our little guy is Atticus John Henry.  DH picked it and it keeps growing on me.  Atticus is from To Kill a Mockingbird, his favorite book.  John is for John Wayne, Johnny Cash and some family members and Henry is for Henry rifles and the song "John Henry". 

DD would have been John Henry if she was a he.

Our other two also have two middle names so it's just a thing we do.

Our DS is Silas.  Good name!

meesh933 09-06-2011 11:56 AM

What is your Silas' middle name? Right now we're thinking John (DH's grandfather was John, and DS1 was named after my grandfather), but we're not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuck22 View Post

Loving all the names! 

Our little guy is Atticus John Henry.  DH picked it and it keeps growing on me.  Atticus is from To Kill a Mockingbird, his favorite book.  John is for John Wayne, Johnny Cash and some family members and Henry is for Henry rifles and the song "John Henry". 

DD would have been John Henry if she was a he.

Our other two also have two middle names so it's just a thing we do.

Our DS is Silas.  Good name!

Jaimee 09-06-2011 12:01 PM

For a girl we're going with Autumn.  Probably Autumn Rain.

For a boy... still no idea.  We considered Sebastian as we have fond memories of a little friend of dd's from Texas with that name.  But I'm still hung up on it being another "A" name.  ARgh!

birdhappy85 09-06-2011 12:37 PM

Aww I love Autumn Rain. smile.gif That's beautiful.

Jaimee 09-06-2011 12:49 PM

Thanks, Joanie!  love.gif

starbuck22 09-06-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesh933 View Post

What is your Silas' middle name? Right now we're thinking John (DH's grandfather was John, and DS1 was named after my grandfather), but we're not sure.

Silas Robert Garfield

DH is Robert Garfield, the names go back quite a ways on his side so we kept it going.  DH and his brothers have very old fashioned and kind of southern middle names.  Vaughan, Dewey, Maynard, and Garfield.

I love John, it's so classic and goes with pretty much anything.