This Baby Moves A LOT - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 09-07-2011, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

As a FTM every stage of pregnancy is very new to me. Now that I am in my 3rd trimester (currently 28 weeks) this baby is starting to move a lot! So much so that sometimes its almost a little startling! I am so used on only feeling him move here and there. Now I guess he is big enough to where I feel him more.

It's a very sweet sensation, but it takes some getting used to. Part of me is like....woah...is this normal... lol. I know it is, but still...

Is it going to get to the point where he moves all day long?

:)

Spending my days with my precious son, the greatest blessing in my life - appropriatley born on Thanksgiving day

​looking forward to when I can sleep more than a 2 or 3 hour stretch on a consistent basis!

#2 of 11 Old 09-07-2011, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Some babies move more than others.  Some move all the time, others have long rest periods.   It varies from pregnancy to pregnancy.  I'm 29w and my baby sleeps for a good amount of the day, but likes to wiggle all night long.  My last baby slept all night, but was very responsive during the day..  Anyway, yes, it's normal. 

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#3 of 11 Old 09-07-2011, 08:24 AM

Every stage of pregnancy is new to me too :) I am almost at 31 weeks, I love feeling the babe move ... it is very sweet!  I can even track the sleeping/waking stages of this little one :)  The newest phase was having a huge party at 2am in my tummy that actually woke me up ROTFLMAO.gif  The baby also loves the sound of his/her daddy's voice - he is reading us the new book (fiction) he is working on with his dad and the little one moves so much during that time!  I am being kicked in the ribs a lot though and it is at the point where it is hurting!  I love sitting on the couch watching the movements on the surface of my tummy ... so funny :)

luxlove.gif

http://novelstudies.org - My hubby's website for affordable novel-studies for kids.

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

#4 of 11 Old 09-07-2011, 09:19 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Yep, this is the crazy active movement period of pregnancy.  In a few weeks the baby's movements will be less though stronger as it gets bigger and has less room to move.  This baby goes in fits and spurts.  Last night during the 2.5 hours I was awake with ds who could not settle down for some reason, the baby went into hyper drive such that when I finally got to fall asleep again, it was keeping me awake.  Ugh.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#5 of 11 Old 09-07-2011, 09:24 AM

I'm 30 weeks along and my baby is on a pretty regular sleep/wake schedule. She'll move from time to time throughout the day, but her really active times are early in the morning and then in the late afternoon/evening around dinner time. Her movements are getting a lot stronger as she gets bigger and there's less room in my uterus, though! That's for sure. She stretched out diagonally across my belly the other day and I saw movement coming out both of my sides. I was like yikes2.gif very startled for a little bit. It felt so awkward. LOL.

Thankfully I haven't been getting kicks to my ribs and I'm starting to think I won't ever have to worry about that. She has been head down for a while with her feet always towards the upper right of my belly button. I'm on the taller side at 5'9" and I think my torso is just so long that she'll never reach my ribs, lol. I'm carrying her low. But I might be eating my words as she gets bigger! Maybe she'll surprise me and get tall herself and then give me a super jab to the ribs. Wouldn't that be a shocker! shy.gif

I'm with you, Butter is Better... I'm wondering if the movement starts getting so constant and strong that we never get a break as we get further along? I can't imagine waking up all night with the baby kicking! I'm such a light sleeper already as is. I'll never sleep!

First came partners.gif then cat.gif then another cat.gif and then babygirl.gif (11/11)
#6 of 11 Old 09-07-2011, 09:49 AM

I've been wondering about this too!  This is my second and this baby seems much more active, with MUCH stronger movements than my first.  I'm a little intimidated because my first has been such a sweet, mellow guy... what am I in for with #2? 

happily married since 2006 with toddler son (born August 2009) and baby girl (born November 2011).

#7 of 11 Old 09-07-2011, 10:20 AM

This is my 2nd pregnancy, and either I don't remember the 1st one well, or this baby is a LOT more active than big brother.  I've had moments with this baby where I wondered if s/he was trying to break out early (I'm currently only 28 weeks).  I've also had huge kicks that I felt would've taken me to my knees were I not already sitting!  And I was sitting on the couch one day last week and I swear s/he kicked so hard high up in my ribs that one of my boobs moved!

This baby feels way stronger than big brother and seems to move more.  I can detect patterns too - 10pm is usually the busiest time, and that's when I generally settle down for the night.  S/he also loves DP's voice, which is the sweetest thing in the world - our son was that way - always responded to her as soon as she came home, read him stories, etc.

#8 of 11 Old 09-07-2011, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdhappy85 View Post

I'm with you, Butter is Better... I'm wondering if the movement starts getting so constant and strong that we never get a break as we get further along? I can't imagine waking up all night with the baby kicking! I'm such a light sleeper already as is. I'll never sleep!

birdhappy85 I am a light sleeper too! I swear when I wake up at night to pee I end up waking the baby up too! He must be a light sleeper like his momma! hehe I just hope he likes to sleep as much as I do once he is born. My mom told me that when I was a baby she took me to the ped concerned bc I slept so much....he was like...nothing to worry about (since I was gaining weight and all that)....he was like enjoy it! I am hoping my little one will take after me in that sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy55 View Post

This is my 2nd pregnancy, and either I don't remember the 1st one well, or this baby is a LOT more active than big brother.  I've had moments with this baby where I wondered if s/he was trying to break out early (I'm currently only 28 weeks).  I've also had huge kicks that I felt would've taken me to my knees were I not already sitting!  And I was sitting on the couch one day last week and I swear s/he kicked so hard high up in my ribs that one of my boobs moved!

Mommy 55 you are CRACKIN me up with you comment of how the baby kicked your boob! Makes me feel like I am not crazy I swear that happened to me too! lol

Spending my days with my precious son, the greatest blessing in my life - appropriatley born on Thanksgiving day

​looking forward to when I can sleep more than a 2 or 3 hour stretch on a consistent basis!

#9 of 11 Old 09-07-2011, 02:27 PM

This baby is quite the mover too. I don't remember DD1 ever moving this much in the womb. And by now, her movements were very fluid and slow. This one is all. over. the place. There are times I feel like she's literally trying to claw her way through my cervix. She thinks she can still move a lot more than she has room for and it can be quite uncomfortable. I love feeling her move, but her over-activeness puts me in some pain! 

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#10 of 11 Old 09-07-2011, 02:43 PM

For the past couple mornings my DH will reach over and put his hand on my belly and the baby will move in response.  So sweet!  This morning I wasn't even aware that it happened at all - it's like he and the baby had a special moment just the two of them.

om.gif married to my best friend guitar.gif; Proud mama of one fine boy! diaper.gif  ribboncesarean.gif;  stork-suprise.gif 4/14 Hoping for a vbac.gif

#11 of 11 Old 09-07-2011, 03:18 PM

This baby is a rascal ... whenever DH puts his hand on my tummy, he/she stops moving ... As for a light sleeper, so am I ... and the baby seems to wake when I go to pee and then is super busy too ... hence the party at 2 or 3am :)

luxlove.gif

http://novelstudies.org - My hubby's website for affordable novel-studies for kids.

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page