Working out during last trimester? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-15-2011, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies,

I have not worked out at all throughout my pregnancy (I really never work out), I was planning on working out but between daily nausea and fatigue found it very difficult. Now at almost 30 weeks I am feeling better and also feeling the pressure of my impending birth!

Any tips or workouts that I can do that you found to be helpful. I was thinking of starting with just walking every night...maybe a mile...

Looking forward to your input!

Spending my days with my precious son, the greatest blessing in my life - appropriatley born on Thanksgiving day

​looking forward to when I can sleep more than a 2 or 3 hour stretch on a consistent basis!

#2 of 5 Old 09-15-2011, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Did you know that our DDC is moving over to a 'Group'?  Maybe you could open your new posts over there? 

http://www.mothering.com/community/groups/show/2/november-2011-ddc

The only working-out that I can do while pregnant is walking.  If you can get out and walk a mile or two every day, that's pretty good. 

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11.  We are planning our next adventure to South America in April 2014!
#3 of 5 Old 09-15-2011, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for letting me know about the move. I will repost!

Spending my days with my precious son, the greatest blessing in my life - appropriatley born on Thanksgiving day

​looking forward to when I can sleep more than a 2 or 3 hour stretch on a consistent basis!

#4 of 5 Old 09-16-2011, 08:17 AM

Couldn't really find where this was reposted.....but as far as exercising while in the third trimester - sounds like you are very ambitious Butter is Better!

I've enjoyed exercising this whole pregnancy and my favorite exercise in the third trimester is deff yoga, walking, light weight training and biking.  People always question biking, but it's a lovely, non-jolting, exercise - you just often have to walk the bike up hills and watch your breathing....take it easy.

Other exercise I've enjoyed is water aerobics and Zumba class- especially with another prego friend, it's pretty fun.

Good luck - listen to your body and I'm sure baby will enjoy it too!

#5 of 5 Old 09-16-2011, 11:59 AM

I love biking too!  Low-impact (I find walking to be too hard on my hips and ankles at times, but I have hip and ankle issues...) and I hardly even notice I'm pregnant when biking.  I'll get a BH contraction here or there if I go up a small hill, but I get those a lot anyway, so I just try to take it a little easier.  

I've been meaning to ask my neighbor if I can borrow their small free weights to do some arm exercises.  I did those with DS1 and I feel like my arms look a little flabby this time (so vain!)  I know picking up my 27lb toddler is a workout, but I'd like to do some focused exercises.  Makes me feel better :)  

I do some lunges and squats at night (when I'm trying to get rid of my restless leg syndrome) but I wouldn't really consider it a "workout".  I guess every little bit helps though!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page