30 weeks pg & Gastroenteritis - Tell me Baby OK - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-18-2011, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Having irrational fears that baby in belly is "in danger" due to my stupid illness.

Ugh - this is awful!  I have been sick since Thursday afternoon with what has finally been called gastroenteritis.  Basically I am having the Big D all the time and the occasional vomiting.  My wonderful DH took off early on Friday to take me to get IV fluids and care for my 2 year old.  He has been a saint and I've not lifted a finger since then - not that I've been able to.  I really am in a bad way - this suuuux!  Am finally able to keep some fluids down somewhat today and had 1/4c applesauce this afternoon.  Of course I just was in the bathroom vomiting and having D, but anyway.

On Friday the Dr who administered the IV fluids listened to baby and heartbeat sounded great.  I happen to have an ultrasound scheduled tomorrow morning to see where my placenta is, so I am sure I'll get reassurance from the tech at that point, but in the meantime, looking for reassurance from BTDT mommas to tell me baby is not being adversely effected/afftected (?) by all my gutteral distress.  Have been too sick to do kick counts, but did notice lots of movement today.

It is late, I'm sick and tired - just need some reassurance. 

Thanks!

#2 of 5 Old 09-18-2011, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

DDCC.  I had a really bad case of either stomach flu or food poisoning when I was 19 weeks pregnant with DS and everything turned out totally fine with him.  I needed to be hospitalized and have an IV.  I literally could not lift my head an inch off the pillow without fainting.  DH and the nurses were carrying me to the bathroom while I puked, had terrible D, and passed out, again and again and again--on the toilet, on the way to the bathroom, trying to sit up in bed to puke, etc.  Those tiny babies are tougher than we give them credit for. 

I hope you feel better soon though!

#3 of 5 Old 09-18-2011, 08:53 PM

My sister had gastroenteritis in her third trimester and everything was fine with baby :)  Don't worry!

#4 of 5 Old 09-18-2011, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

Ah thank you!  You have helped me!

#5 of 5 Old 09-19-2011, 10:39 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Baby continues to take everything it needs from your reserves.  It is you that will suffer the mal/under-nutrition effects.  I'm so sorry that you are extremely sick.  How horrible.  Why didn't the doctors give you anti-nausea meds with the IV? 

I hope you feel better soon!   hug2.gif

And join the November 2011 DDC Social Group when you're feeling better!

http://www.mothering.com/community/groups/show/2/november-2011-ddc

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page