What about Organic Wool Puddle/Mattress Pads? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 09-26-2007, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been wanting some for a long time. I would buy two, possibly three pads. But regular prices are a killer.

Anyone else interested in this? Anyone interested in running a co-op or know of a company that would do this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 09-27-2007, 01:30 AM

I'm interested, depending on price.

Blessed Mama to 4 and expecting one more!
#3 of 12 Old 09-27-2007, 04:21 PM

Dag! I just spent a fortune on a king size wool mattress pad. I would probably be interested in a twin if this does go through. DS will need his own bed sometime before college!

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#4 of 12 Old 09-27-2007, 07:50 PM

This has been on my wish list for the last two years. We don't have a crib so for us, a twin size mattress pad for the kids (hopefully the oldest will outgrow it to pass on to the youngest) and a king size pad our family bed would be sweet.
#5 of 12 Old 09-27-2007, 08:18 PM

I wanted one for my kids new mattresses and found the Shepards Dream website. They offer unfinished fabrics and one of them is the same material they use to make wool mattress pads. I just cut them to size and slapped them on the beds. No need to hem because they are already felted! It's $35 a yard. http://www.shepherdsdream.com/raw_materials.htm scroll down to Blanket Wool Textile:

A much less expensive alternative and the sheep are all from north america where they do not practice mulesing and don't cram elderly sheep onto barges to be shipped to the middle east where there are no humane laws about how to do a way with the animals that so kindly provide us with their fleeces.
Please give them reference number C260 and let them know I referred you if you end up ordering!!! Thanks!

Mom to three and owner of Earthetarian Happy, healthy and handmade.
#6 of 12 Old 09-28-2007, 05:46 AM

That seems like a good deal.

Stephanie married to Jerry  partners.gif  mama to  modifiedartist.gif (10) and superhero.gif(7) and 3rdtri.gif
#7 of 12 Old 09-28-2007, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_Pie View Post
Dag! I just spent a fortune on a king size wool mattress pad. I would probably be interested in a twin if this does go through. DS will need his own bed sometime before college!
:

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#8 of 12 Old 09-28-2007, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikethedesert View Post
I wanted one for my kids new mattresses and found the Shepards Dream website. They offer unfinished fabrics and one of them is the same material they use to make wool mattress pads. I just cut them to size and slapped them on the beds. No need to hem because they are already felted! It's $35 a yard. http://www.shepherdsdream.com/raw_materials.htm scroll down to Blanket Wool Textile:
For $140 plus shipping I can cover two twin beds AND our king bed! Thank you for sharing this, I think I'm going to try this next month. Do you put the wool on top of the cover sheet or under it? How thick is it approximately?
#9 of 12 Old 10-01-2007, 09:30 AM

I put it under the sheet and I double layered it just to be safe. It's about 1/8- 1/4 inch thick.

It was tested once and worked well!

#10 of 12 Old 10-02-2007, 10:14 AM

Hmmm... Thanks for the site. I've been think of making a mattress pad their price for wool batting is pretty good. Now I have to figure out the details.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#11 of 12 Old 10-15-2007, 01:51 PM

Thank you for sharing that website!
#12 of 12 Old 11-09-2007, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikethedesert View Post

A much less expensive alternative and the sheep are all from north america where they do not practice mulesing and don't cram elderly sheep onto barges to be shipped to the middle east where there are no humane laws about how to do a way with the animals that so kindly provide us with their fleeces.
If you do end up buying their products, would you give them my number C260 as your reference? I'll get a percent of every referred purchase toward their products! Thank you!
Stephanie Niles

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page