We got our license!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-13-2008, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:
Yay!! We got our license today, effective 12-8-08!! This is awesome news to us, because we've been struggling along supporting our fictive kin baby (now our foster baby!!) since we received placement of her before we had even dreamt of taking the classes. So now with the license settled, our FC payments will be initiated, which will help out immensely!! As a spin-off, anyone know any of the rules regarding the clothing allowance here in my state (MI)? I guess we're eligible for the winter clothing allowance, but she's good on clothing for right now. What she really needs is new cloth diaper covers (we cloth diaper here at home). Do you know if that is a valid purchase, or do we have to purchase only clothing??

Anyways, just wanted to share my joy!! It was an awesome Christmas present for us!!

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 12-13-2008, 07:16 PM

Congrats!
#3 of 7 Old 12-14-2008, 12:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats....

I dont know how it works w/ your agency, but with mine, they just tacked the winter clothing allowance (it was only like $100 i think) onto the regular check i get...i didnt have to "prove" that i was spending that on clothes. So, yes, you can spend it on diaper covers!

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#4 of 7 Old 12-14-2008, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenjane View Post
Congrats....

I dont know how it works w/ your agency, but with mine, they just tacked the winter clothing allowance (it was only like $100 i think) onto the regular check i get...i didnt have to "prove" that i was spending that on clothes. So, yes, you can spend it on diaper covers!

Katherine
Yay!! : Our usual suspects are gender-neutral, definitely not girly, so I'm geeked about getting girly ones. Do you have to "track" anything else you spend the FC money on, or is it yours free and clear once they mail the check?? Also, how often do they pay you - every two weeks? Monthly? I really haven't had any explanations about anything. This is so new to me....

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#5 of 7 Old 12-14-2008, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bens_mommy_2005 View Post
Yay!! : Our usual suspects are gender-neutral, definitely not girly, so I'm geeked about getting girly ones. Do you have to "track" anything else you spend the FC money on, or is it yours free and clear once they mail the check?? Also, how often do they pay you - every two weeks? Monthly? I really haven't had any explanations about anything. This is so new to me....

I dont know if this is how it works across the state....but, i get a check the exact same day each month (the 8th or 9th), never later or earlier....once each month. I dont have to track anything. I do think that they are supposed to reimburse you for things on top of the monthly stipend, like for a carseat, but i never got anything additional (they lost my receipts i guess....long story!) So you might want to check into that, if you (for example) went out and bought a carseat specifically for her.

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#6 of 7 Old 12-14-2008, 04:57 PM
MCR

For our clothing allowance we have to turn in $100 of clothing reciepts and everything you buy has to be listed on the childs belongings sheet and goes with them when they leave.
They don't care if we buy a season ahead, so I'd buy next Springs clothes and use some of the stipend for diapers.
#7 of 7 Old 12-14-2008, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I have a friend who fosters in MI, as well. She gets her stipend once a month and no receipts are involved for anything.

Here in NC, we are losing our biannual clothing stipend but our monthly board rate is going up. That's disappointing but the board rate increase is pretty nice.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page