Mothering Forum banner

I'm not sure if this belongs here

688 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SundayCrepes 
#1 ·
I had a friend I hadn't talked to since May since she moved to Australia with her 4 kids We have sent a few notes back and forth. Her husband was in the Navy and she was from Australia and hadn't seen her family in 5 yrs and when their relationship ended she moved back. Her 2 youngest daughters were from this past husband but she had a preteen and teen daughter from a past relationship. Anyway today I went to Jamba Juice after our hike and her oldest daughter who is only 16 was working there. She said she had just moved back and was living with her boyfriends parents until she finds a room. I didn"t get a chance to get all the info because her manager got mad at her for using her cell phone at work to put my # in.
: I doubt she is in school since she just got back in town all I know is she said she hated Australia and wanted to come back. I need to get more info and called her at her work and told her to call me but DH and I are thinking of offering her a room with some rules of course. Anyway, has anyone been in this situation and have any advice. i need more information from her but I really can't imagine how hard it would be ot be 16 and really all alone.

See less See more
#2 ·
No real advice, just want to wish you well. This could be a good thing to do. You're right to set rules so you all know your expectations. She may balk at curfew, which I would understand her perspective, she is basically self-supporting, so to speak. But how she acts in your house is up to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.