Mothering Forum banner

Ideas for finalization party?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Whistler 
#1 ·
We are nearing our adoption finalization date (foster-adopt of safely surrendered baby, no 7 months old) and are planning a party at the park with our friends, family, and the social workers that helped us so much. I want to do something special at the party to honor DS, but I am not sure what. I also would like to ask the guests to do/make something to commemorate the day but again... don't know what. Any ideas?

#2 ·
I'm not the mushy activity type, so I asked each guess to do a small page for DS's scrapbook. Most people wrote him a message. A few people drew a picture to go along with it. After the party, I added a photograph of each family who attended.

I'll do the same for DD's this summer.

#3 ·
We just had an open house last week for Baby Bear's finalization. (The weather was awful, so we did it indoors.)

I served snacks and friends stopped by. Some had gifts, some did not, which was fine.

I'm saving the pictures and cards to put in his baby book.

For ideas, how about a matte picture frame that people can sign, then put a pic of your family on Adoption Day and hang it in his room? Then people don't have to make something ahead of time.

Another idea along the same lines that I recently did at someone's baby shower is to cut out quilt squares and have guests write a little note on them with fabric paint. Then I'll sew the squares into an easy little quilt for the baby with the loving messages on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.