Adoptive breastfeeding and Newman-Goldfarb Protocals - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-13-2010, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any resources they can share with me on this topic.  Experience would be great too! 

I got the go ahead from our social worker to pursue foster/adoption nursing, which really surprised me but I'm also encouraged.  There is a lot that might not work out and so many variables, but the benefits are so huge that it's worth a try.  If anything I can give pumped milk in a bottle.

I'm beginning the re-lactation processes with the Newman-Goldfarb protocals and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this?  It will take a while for my domperidon to arrive so should I begin taking my birth control pills in the mean time, or is it best to wait and start them both at the same time?  

We are less than a month away from being done with our homestudy and to begin the child matching process, yeah!!! 

Ashley, Jesus loving mama to Jaden (8) Trace (6) and Liam (3) and fost/adopt twins Talia and Oliva (1).  Happily married for a decade! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2010, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Check out www.asklenore.com or possibly it is now www.asklenore.info. I met a woman IRL who was pumping 26 ounces a day before her baby arrived. I've chatted with other women at asklenore who have had great success as well.

I was already nursing my bioson and maintaining my milk supply for our adopted baby. Domoperidone made a big difference for me. So did Motherlove's More Milk Special Blend.

Rather than give the baby a bottle, just nurse with a lactaid. http://www.lact-aid.com/ Even if you only make a little milk, that's better than nothing. I donated to a woman who could not make milk (she did NOT do the newman protocol, she just tried pumping once or twice a day--definitely not how to do it.) She nursed two adopted children using a lactaid and donor milk. We met via www.milkshare.com. There's a new donor milk site on facebook called Eats on Feets. 

My adopted daughter is 28 months and still nursing. I use a supplementor at nap and bedtime and just nurse the rest of the time. (Given her age I supplement with cow's milk.) It is a wonderful relationship to have with her.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

User Tag List