Older Child Adoption & baby photos - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-27-2011, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I posted an update and a link to my blog last month and then crazy happened and I had to move it.  New blog is www.lastmom.blogspot.com.

My girl is 10 and our one year anniversary of her moving in is coming up in May.  We got the best surprise in the mail from the state of Texas not too long ago:  a giant photo of her from when she first became eligible for adoption (entered the system at age 4 and was 5 when TPR happened).  It must have been used to promote foster adoption.  We re-framed it and have it hanging up.  Other than 1 photo of her her at age 3 during the initial investigation, it's the closest thing to a baby picture she has.  Some former foster moms sent us photos of her from her first couple years in the system.

Thank you to all you foster moms that take photos!

#2 of 5 Old 02-27-2011, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

How wonderful.

The foster parents I know take lots of pictures and send them with the children when they leave.

#3 of 5 Old 02-27-2011, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thats great (sounds like maybe it was a Heart Gallery type thing?)

I have one pic of my foster son that his mom gave me, he was two months i think. I got him at almost 18 months. I have nothing for my nine yr old except a fuzzy pic of her and her mom on her moms FB profile she looks to be 2 or 3. I think i'll be able to get baby pics from bmom, but im not broaching that subject with her til after finalization.

The only FC ive had who has gone on to another home was a little 11.5 month old girl, she spent her first bday with us. I made sure to take tons of pictures and send them in an album when she left to a relative two months later, along with a letter detailing her schedule and giving contact info if they ever needed a baby sitter or anything. They never contacted us though. I'll always wonder how she ended up.

My adopted son was placed at three weeks of age, and i always hoped i could track down a picture from his first two weeks in the hospital, a friend is a nurse at that hospital and she posted something on the bulletin board, but no nurses came forward.

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#4 of 5 Old 03-01-2011, 05:39 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:

Thank you to all you foster moms that take photos!

Hear, hear!  One of the most precious things we have is an album of photos of my daughter from 6 weeks to 5 and a half months old, taken by her foster mother.  We sent two disposable cameras down to Guatemala and her foster mother used up one and a half of them. It's so precious to have this record of her very early life.

#5 of 5 Old 03-01-2011, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I just got a letter (email) from our sons grandma and cousin (who he is currently with) and she sent THE only baby photo of him... he was about a year old and SO cute! They also sent a photo of his birth father who is passed, but they didn't have one of his mom. What treasures! I already blew the baby photo of him up to put up later... :-) 

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

Tags
Adoption , Adoption Is Forever , Adoption Awareness Press , Adoption Nation , Adoption Is Okay , Adoption Update , Adoption Crossroads , Adoption Works Press , Adoptioned Llc

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page