kids' Book Recommendations, Single parent adoption - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-13-2011, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello... I am trying to find a book that would help my nephew celebrate his family.  I feel really bad for him because he's always asking for a dad.  I'm not sure if this is really the right forum but I'm not sure where to put this.

Long story short, my niece was (fost-)adopted by sil and her ex husband, a situation happened where they broke up and she ended up adopting her son on her own without her ex at the age of 1, he's five now.  (he had been living with them both though as an infant)  So, the XH still has split custody of niece but nothing to do with my nephew.  So he really has no dad.  He does have my dh and his grandpa as constant role models.

Can you suggest any books that might help him understand that having one parent is wonderful too?  I really just want him to see that there is no perfect family, they are all different.  Maybe even a book specifically about single parents.  If I can't find one I will make him one eventually, just not in time for Christmas!

TIA

Artist, teacher, wife and mommy to DSS, DD1, DD2 and surprise baby girl on the way, 7/12!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 12-18-2011, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I don't have any book suggestions for you, but there is a single parent forum on mothering and I would guess they would have a good idea over there too of a direction to steer you.  Best of luck!

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page