need gift ideas for my daughters birthmom - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-26-2012, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I can hardly believe it, but our little girl is turning one in a couple of weeks! It hardly seems possible to me, time has truly flown by since she has been home. I remember how the hours and days would just drag by when we were waiting for her to come home :)

We have a very open adoption relationship with her birthparents, and we will be meeting with them shortly after our daughters birthday. Is it appropriate to give her a gift? If so, does anyone have any ideas of what to bring?

Thanks!

Proud mom of three!  Special needs teen princess wheelchair.gif , 7 year old happy girl modifiedartist.gif , and my flower toddlerhearts.gif

#2 of 6 Old 01-26-2012, 09:28 AM

Pictures of any kind!  A photo book, or a picture magnet...anything like that.

As a birth mom, we never get tired of that stuff.

The parents that adopted my daughter usually send me an online $25 gift card to Amazon which is always nice.  My daughter and I mostly  use it to download movies and watch them in bed. :)

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#3 of 6 Old 01-26-2012, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks ;) I bring pictures every time we meet, and have sent a few photo books along the way as well. The amazon gift card sounds great, except I know she doesn't have a computer!

Proud mom of three!  Special needs teen princess wheelchair.gif , 7 year old happy girl modifiedartist.gif , and my flower toddlerhearts.gif

#4 of 6 Old 01-26-2012, 10:23 AM

Do you think she would like flowers, or one of those fruit boquets, or something like that?  Just as a "thanks and I'm thinking of you" tye statement (since you already give pictures & things).

#5 of 6 Old 01-26-2012, 10:23 AM

Well if she is like me, a gift card to anywhere is always fun and nice lol.  I don't think most birthmom's expect anything though.  I know I don't.  If you are keeping her up to date with photos...then you are already doing so much more for her than many adoptive parents do for birthparents.  So thanks for that, no matter what you decide to do. :)

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#6 of 6 Old 01-26-2012, 06:37 PM

I made my DD's birth mom a memory box for Xmas. It turned out really cute and was big enough to house all the photos I give her. I also got her and bio dad framed photos of DD. They seemed to appreciate them a lot.

Since we were meeting in public for our first unsupervised visit, I planned it around dinner time bought dinner for them and DD's 19 year old bio brother.

Carly, mama to DS C (5th grade), DD Miss M (07/09, fostered 1/10, adopted 08/10), and Little Miss C (11/10, fostered 01/11, adopted 11/12). Foster Son, Mr. A, age 11 placed 10/13.
My angel babies , ~01/08~ (twins), ~09/08~, and ~01/09~.

Tags
Adoption

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page