need an emergency response - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-08-2012, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What do you think the chances are of the bio mom agreeing to some terms of PCM with me in mediation after she just started picking up her services and doing them?

I've had the kids going on 2yrs and cps has been involved since sept of 2011 she got her services in nov but didn't start doing anything till last month but we go to court in may but they called for mediation in april on the 12

Since she's picked up her services I'm afraid she won't agree to anything in mediation and that she will prollong the case bc if she doesn't agree we go to court in may and she may get 6more months to complete her services.

I have an attatchment and so do the kids I'm afraid they might be emotionallly in distress if removed as I will be 2

What do y'all think I'm so affraid for all of us

I stay in the state of Texas

She's only doing her services because her sister did not have power over me if she didn't get them back because I have standing with the kids, and she doesn't want them with me because she dislikes my aunt who had her 3yr old girl

My fs is 4yrs old and in therapy
My fd is 3yrs old and in intense therapy and speech therapy she didn't start talking till she was 3

Their biomom ex drugie has 5kids none of them in her care oldest(7yrs old) taken by cps I have the middle two(3&4) her 2yr old was given away she signed pcm and her 1yr old she gave up for adoption.

Shesnot fighting for none of the other ones she still has no job no stable place to stay no transportation and somehow keep passing her drug test and I know she still snokes weed
#2 of 3 Old 04-09-2012, 11:28 AM

Sorry i didnt see this sooner.

All i can say is, while i think its likely the court would not return her children to her, you just never know. Its hard to live with uncertainty but with all of my foster children, until i had their final decrees of adoption in hand and knew it was truly OVER, i always knew in the back of my mind i could lose them. Its crazy making and awful but its just how it is. Even with my first adopted son, whose mother did not seek reunification and where the only interested relative had backed off by the time he was six months old...i still held my breath until i got those papers in the mail. Because...you just never know what will happen until it happens.

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#3 of 3 Old 04-09-2012, 11:29 AM

Also, i'll add that i dont know how intervening works...i know heatherdeg who posts on this board had a situation where a former foster child was living in texas and she wanted to intervene and also the child's foster parents were pursuing guardianship or something like that so she may have more texas-specific advice for you.

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 

Tags
Adoption

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page