Adopting as a Christian. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-18-2012, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Advantages of Adoption

1. Adoption is the process by which all of us came to be a part of Christ’s family.

The Lord adopted us as his very own and we feel accepted as part of the Lord’s own family. Adoption is therefore a very deep Christian practice which should not be seen as strange or unacceptable. The following verses show us how we were adopted into the Lord’s family.

...I was a stranger and you took me in:

Matthew 25:35

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage...but ye have received the spirit of adoption whereby we cry Abba Father.

Romans 8:15

...accepted in the beloved.

Ephesians 1:6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 07-18-2012, 04:57 PM

I am all for adoption from a religious standpoint.  My own daughter's adoption was strongly influenced by my religious beliefs smile.gif

BUT be very careful!  Adoption as saving a child can be a mine field.  There have been soooo many stories in the news about families who felt a religious call to adopt and then were in over their heads.  The result of being in over your head is often abuse.

#3 of 8 Old 07-22-2012, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

This is an adoption forum.  I'm pretty sure posting this here is preaching to the choir as we are all "for" adoption--christians or not.  ;)

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...
#4 of 8 Old 07-26-2012, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherdeg View Post

This is an adoption forum.  I'm pretty sure posting this here is preaching to the choir as we are all "for" adoption--christians or not.  ;)

Nevermind that I'm reasonably certain there is more than just one advantage to adopting.... I'm not clear what the point of starting the thread was, other than to preach the New Testament.

#5 of 8 Old 07-27-2012, 03:48 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swd12422 View Post

Nevermind that I'm reasonably certain there is more than just one advantage to adopting.... I'm not clear what the point of starting the thread was, other than to preach the New Testament.

Yeah. Really what else was the point.

I am not adopting to do "Gods work" or be charitable. I am doing it for selfish reasons. I want to expand my family. Its the same reason I got pregnant with my daughter. I just wanted to have children with my husband. Not trying to save the world, but hey if my daughter does that when she grows up, I'll consider it a bonus.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years
#6 of 8 Old 07-27-2012, 07:07 PM

Not to mention I think it is VERY offensive to feel like we are "saving" a child. You do realize a lot of kids adopted through foster care do not feel that way right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkingirl71 View Post

I am all for adoption from a religious standpoint.  My own daughter's adoption was strongly influenced by my religious beliefs smile.gif

BUT be very careful!  Adoption as saving a child can be a mine field.  There have been soooo many stories in the news about families who felt a religious call to adopt and then were in over their heads.  The result of being in over your head is often abuse.

*~Kelly~*
 Waldorf Mom to 9 blessings ~6 by birth and 3 by fost/adopt~

#7 of 8 Old 07-29-2012, 01:09 PM

http://fleasbiting.blogspot.com/2012/06/journal-of-christian-legal-thought.html

this is a very good blog by a Christian man who adopted from India

This article is hard to read but well worth it- go to the blog and click on the link.

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#8 of 8 Old 07-29-2012, 01:12 PM

and mommy kelly you are right- as an adoptee I did not and do not want my parents to think of themselves as "saving " me or rescuing me and I was adopted as an infant.

Probably just someone wanting to preach the gospel  but good reason for conversation!:)

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page